Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   william hill - roulette (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197575)

Androme 21 Mar 2009 18:43

william hill - roulette

Just wondering how many people here ever visit will hill and in particular, play russian roulette - 20p game on their machines? just wondering if people have tips. i've looked around google and there's various systems like doubling up everytime you lose and various things, but none of them are very good. For example, none really go into neighbour bets etc.

i've tried looking at other people and last week i was going in with £1.60-£3 and walking out between £10 and my flukey £30 which i won after 6 black numbers came up and i betted all on red. Anyway, i noticed other people as soon as the ball spins being able to determine where it's going to land and saying things like "0 neighbours" :confused:

Any tips and help would be appreciated :)

And yes, i know gambling is bad mmkay!

gzambo 21 Mar 2009 18:55

Re: william hill - roulette

roulette is a game of pure luck if you want a game that systems work on i would suggest blackjack or poker

Dante Hicks 21 Mar 2009 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo
roulette is a game of pure luck if you want a game that systems work on i would suggest blackjack

Don't be silly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Androme
Just wondering how many people here ever visit will hill and in particular, play russian roulette - 20p game on their machines? just wondering if people have tips. i've looked around google and there's various systems like doubling up everytime you lose and various things, but none of them are very good. For example, none really go into neighbour bets etc.

Doubling up after losing at Russian roulette isn't a sustainable gaming strategy.

Yahwe 21 Mar 2009 21:56

oh good.

let's all encourage him.

This certainly can't end badly.

Doogle 22 Mar 2009 22:19

I put £50 on Sky Vegas and withdrew £500. Just gambled with the online slots and kept increasing the stake, got up to £800 at one point and increased the stakes to £50 a spin having decided I would cash out if the bank dropped to £500. Tried it again on casin.com but lost my £50 in about 20 minutes. Thats if for me now and online gambling - I'm keeping my £400. Actually I spent over £100 on Friday night celebrating my good fortune. Oh well.

jennbilx 3 Nov 2009 23:26

the issue with roulette is that most of the people trying advanced play, think in roulette as a cash machine and roulette is more intended for the gambler which is the player that just do it because he has a long tradition of play and hes believes are based on luck, the problem arrises when that player get the same results as the one using systems and stuff, for the rest of us entering the game all we have is a long learning curve and into that curve i have found this link on info-roulette.info/Index.asp?ID=18 providing info on a couple of strategy systems which are quite simple to follow and undestand, what i undestand area the advantages of the betting systems is the fact that they there to control the bets not the spin of the roulette so with them offset the risk involved on the use of a specific system...

Mzyxptlk 3 Nov 2009 23:40

You realise that the words "advanced play" do not actually mean anything in this context, right?

Yahwe 3 Nov 2009 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3183854)
You realise that the words "advanced play" do not actually mean anything in this context, right?

The guy can't type in coherent english and yet you decide to critise just two words of his post?

Who is more insane?

Colt 4 Nov 2009 16:29

in william hill on roulette (20p) where the ball comes out, it lands about 7-8 numbers in front of that, fyi.

Mzyxptlk 4 Nov 2009 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe (Post 3183855)
The guy can't type in coherent english and yet you decide to critise just two words of his post?

Who is more insane?

What can I say, I'm an optimist.

jennbilx 6 Nov 2009 00:03

sorry guys.. the right concept is advantage gambling...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advantage_gambling

tks for the correction...

Tomkat 7 Nov 2009 12:04

The only strategy I use when gambling is the one that involves throwing money away and hating myself after!

Yahwe 7 Nov 2009 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat (Post 3183953)
The only strategy I use when gambling is the one that involves throwing money away and hating myself after everyone else

Judge 8 Nov 2009 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Androme2 (Post 3167929)

i've tried looking at other people and last week i was going in with £1.60-£3 and walking out between £10 and my flukey £30 which i won after 6 black numbers came up and i betted all on red. Anyway, i noticed other people as soon as the ball spins being able to determine where it's going to land and saying things like "0 neighbours" :confused:

Any tips and help would be appreciated :)

And yes, i know gambling is bad mmkay!

Russian Roulette usually involves a Gun (revolver type) and one Bullet.

Watch the Deer Hunter "that is russian roulette"

JammyJim 20 Nov 2009 01:32

I hear Derren Brown played Russian Roulette and won.

I also heard it was all staged.

That made me sad :(

trotman8 28 Jan 2010 21:33

on the william hill roulette machines, you can tell where the ball is going to drop from its starting position. The ball will land on the opposite side of the board from where it starts minus 2 to 3 numbers, that is why people can tell roughly what neighbours it is hitting. unfortunately this does u no good because the ball is already spiniing and you cannot bet anymore so it only lets u know earlier if you might have won, rather than waiting for the ball to drop!!
hope this answers your question mate