Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Round 34 Predictions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198272)

[ND]Kar 28 Oct 2009 03:06

Round 34 Predictions

Hadn't seen the round prediction thread yet, and it's one of the few I enjoy reading on the pa forums! So then, what's going to happen this round? Who will be the top contenders? Anything surprising going to happen, or is it going to be another round of the same old stuff?

neroon 28 Oct 2009 08:21

Re: Round 34 Predictions

#1 apprime
#2 ascendancy
#3 subh

HRH_H_Crab 28 Oct 2009 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ND]Kar (Post 3183547)
another round of the same old stuff

CBA 28 Oct 2009 10:27

#1 Euphoria
#2 NewDawn
#3 Ascendancy
#4 Subh
#5 Conspiracy
#6 VisioN
#7 DLR
#8 Apprime
#9 ODDR
#10 F-Crew

PewPewQQ 28 Oct 2009 10:39

#1 Flame

isildurx 28 Oct 2009 11:42

For once, I honestly have no clue whatsoever of who is going to be top 3.

Makhil 28 Oct 2009 12:38

#1 Ascendancy
#2 NewDawn
#3 Apprime
#4 VisioN
#5 Euphoria

Paisley 28 Oct 2009 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx (Post 3183569)
For once, I honestly have no clue whatsoever of who is going to be top 3.

TFFT I thought I was the only one.

Fuzzy 28 Oct 2009 16:18

apprime+euphoria and then xvx/nd for the 3rd topspot

if they have full tags like i think i heard

ellonweb 28 Oct 2009 19:52

Considering both Apprime and Ascendancy are only playing with about 40 people I highly doubt we'll see them in the top spots.
Euphoria might be a shit name but it does have some decent players, maybe this'll be their round to shine!

isildurx 28 Oct 2009 20:34

Does anyone know of any alliances who are going to field a full tag? (as in 60+ players)

ND?

Cochese 28 Oct 2009 21:08

What's Euphoria all about?

CBA 28 Oct 2009 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx (Post 3183591)
Does anyone know of any alliances who are going to field a full tag? (as in 60+ players)

ND?

ND/CT? VisioN/xVx/Euro/Subh close to it?

Patrikc 29 Oct 2009 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochese (Post 3183594)

It's that new fragrance by Calvin Klein!

I sure that's where they got the name from. ^^

JonnyBGood 29 Oct 2009 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellonweb (Post 3183590)
Considering both Apprime and Ascendancy are only playing with about 40 people I highly doubt we'll see them in the top spots.
Euphoria might be a shit name but it does have some decent players, maybe this'll be their round to shine!

Ascendancy only started last round with something like 50 people intag. That said I know a lot of people there aren't intending on playing too seriously and I've been led to believe that apprime are only going to play with a smallish core of 40 odd. This is fairly understandable, most of the people in both alliances have been the most active in the last six or seven rounds of pa.

However knowing both alliances relatively well I fully expect at least 1 of them to be among the top 3 alliances by the time the round ends and certainly both to be in the top 5. A smaller starting playing base will hold them down initially but there are a lot of very good planet managers in there and a higher concentration of players with the necessary expertise to challenge at the top. That said with me not in Ascendancy and cardi apparently leaving apprime midround and golan too hate-filled to have a full conversation with another human being maybe all that expertise will be out of play!

I'll go for #1 euphoria over #2 apprime with #4 ascendancy behind and #3 xvx with #5 CT #6 ND #7 Subh #8 VsN. I'd imagine a very close round which won't be decided by the last tick (as in the score gap will be tiny and the #1 alliance won't necessarily look like the strongest one).

JonnyBGood 29 Oct 2009 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochese (Post 3183594)

Euphoria.

Wicket 29 Oct 2009 04:54

how come p3, ass and rock got left out... well.. maybe just p3 :P

VampiriA 29 Oct 2009 10:53

#1 Apprime
#2 Ascendancy
#3 NewDawn
#4 Subh
#5 Vision
#6 Euphoria
#7 DLR
#8 Conspiracy
#9 ODDR
#10 F-Crew

M0RPH3US 29 Oct 2009 12:02

#1 the 40/50ppl tag first to recruit to 70

#2-10 who cares

Tietäjä 29 Oct 2009 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3183608)
That said with me not in Ascendancy

Wait what

Kafir 29 Oct 2009 12:53

#1-2: Asc/App
#3-4: Subh/NewDawn
#5-6: Vision/DLR
#7-9: ORRD/Euphoria/Conspiracy
#10: F-Crew/ASS

rUl3r 29 Oct 2009 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tietäjä (Post 3183620)
Wait what

JBG decided to leave Ascendancy after R33. I think he joined F-Crew (no, that´s no joke).

Bams 29 Oct 2009 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicket (Post 3183611)
how come p3, ass and rock got left out... well.. maybe just ps3 :P

maybe they don't like consoles?

ricoshay 29 Oct 2009 15:19

I predict that almost all of these predictions are fails.

zebra 29 Oct 2009 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoshay (Post 3183631)
I predict that almost all of these predictions are fails.

I predict your prediction will either be completely right or completely wrong, or somewhere in between.

[ND]Byrney 29 Oct 2009 15:57

Some bold predictions itt

Banned 29 Oct 2009 17:44

I hope Ascendancy trounce you all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellonweb (Post 3183590)

Munin has 73 members added. Where did you get 40 from?

Mzyxptlk 29 Oct 2009 18:01

Only 26 people intag so far though. Not that it matters, we'll probably win anyway.

Patrikc 29 Oct 2009 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banned (Post 3183638)

See! The round hasn't even started yet and Asc is already using forum propaganda!

I'll have to say, this round there are quite a few alliances that could get #1, not so much because they are that good, but rather because (as far as I know) no alliances actually have #1 as a goal.

CBA 29 Oct 2009 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 3183641)
See! The round hasn't even started yet and Asc is already using forum propaganda!

I'll have to say, this round there are quite a few alliances that could get #1, not so much because they are that good, but rather because (as far as I know) no alliances actually have #1 as a goal.

sure

t3k 29 Oct 2009 22:09

I'm not entirely sure that saying "our goal isn't for #1" and actually not having #1 as a goal are one and the same.

DrunkenViking 29 Oct 2009 22:11

I predict
Planet:
#1 Chimpie
#2 ........

Galaxy
#1 Some asc gal
#2 ........

Alliance
#1 asc
#2 ........

ellonweb 29 Oct 2009 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banned (Post 3183638)

Considering only 26 people in tag according to mz, and two discussions on asc.tv list only 25/27 players, I think 40 was a better estimate than 73!

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx (Post 3183591)

As far as I know, Subh, Euphoria and ND.

Fuzzy 30 Oct 2009 00:21

60+ isnt full isil :(

and mz just cant stop lieing. there are 30 intag! dont listen to this asc propaganda

jelle 30 Oct 2009 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 3183607)
It's that new fragrance by Calvin Klein!

I sure that's where they got the name from. ^^

New? Its been on the market the last year :D

Patrikc 30 Oct 2009 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelle (Post 3183665)
New? Its been on the market the last year :D

Not over here! Though in that case I guess it is not new, technically. ):

VampiriA 30 Oct 2009 09:14

yeah DLR, Vision, Euphoria, ODDR and all the small BG will go full tag. and only asc/apprime will not.

¬_¬

neroon 30 Oct 2009 09:16

:d:d

Fuzzy 30 Oct 2009 09:19

no one said DLR and ODDR are going full tag, and only CBA guessed that Vision and Euphoria are close to full tag - from what i heard id guess vision are 50+ members atm and euphoria 40-50...though thats total speculation :p

i cant speak for apprime but i know ascendancy arent even close to full tag atm.

id say the most accurate post on this thread is

"this round there are quite a few alliances that could get #1, not so much because they are that good, but rather because (as far as I know) no alliances actually have #1 as a goal."

M0RPH3US 30 Oct 2009 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 3183677)
no one said DLR and ODDR are going full tag, and only CBA guessed that Vision and Euphoria are close to full tag - from what i heard id guess vision are 50+ members atm and euphoria 40-50...though thats total speculation :p

i cant speak for apprime but i know ascendancy arent even close to full tag atm.

id say the most accurate post on this thread is

"this round there are quite a few alliances that could get #1, not so much because they are that good, but rather because (as far as I know) no alliances actually have #1 as a goal."

are you the round 30 Fuzzy "i would never join Asc" ?

Fuzzy 30 Oct 2009 09:48

i never said i would never join asc

i always said id quite like to experience asc as an alliance! achi can confirm, im sure others can as well.

its the best alliance in a long, long time and some argue one of the best ever...im in the minority of people who have never been a part of it, so i dont see why people begrudge me joining it now for at least 1 round. (especially considering ascendancys dominance on the game now is considerably less than it was r28-31)

Kafir 30 Oct 2009 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 3183679)
i never said i would never join asc

i always said id quite like to experience asc as an alliance! achi can confirm, im sure others can as well.

its the best alliance in a long, long time and some argue one of the best ever...im in the minority of people who have never been a part of it, so i dont see why people begrudge me joining it now for at least 1 round. (especially considering ascendancys dominance on the game now is considerably less than it was r28-31)

Because no1 likes gloryhunters..

Fuzzy 30 Oct 2009 10:24

i could retort with a rational argument but that would probably go straight over your head considering i have no idea who you are and assume you know nothing about me, thus making your judgement of me moronic. so i will just say with confidence that you sir, are an idiot.

PS. READ THE PART INSIDE THE BRACKETS /o\

Makhil 30 Oct 2009 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafir (Post 3183682)
Because no1 likes gloryhunters..

Playing down Asc chances to avoid early incs, it's a classic, he learned his lessons and shows in that respect he's a good recruit.
:D

Banned 30 Oct 2009 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0RPH3US (Post 3183678)
are you the round 30 Fuzzy "i would never join Asc" ?

Why would someone 'never' join an alliance?

Fuzzy 30 Oct 2009 10:33

well the difference is last round when asc claimed the 'less members' thing they were like 4 members below apprime at the time :p

in this instance ascendancy only having 30 members currently in tag is a fact, and falls considerably short of the 70 member limit, though ofc that number is likely to change.

im not sure our chances of winning the round as i dont know how full other tags are, though id still guess ascendancy has the highest quality memberbase (despite a few key players not playing with them this round) and a lot will depend on the size of other alliances and as always, politics.

i wouldnt call that downplaying anything :p

EDIT: 32 members now! ascendancy have it in the bag.

Kafir 30 Oct 2009 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 3183684)
i could retort with a rational argument but that would probably go straight over your head considering i have no idea who you are and assume you know nothing about me, thus making your judgement of me moronic. so i will just say with confidence that you sir, are an idiot.

PS. READ THE PART INSIDE THE BRACKETS /o\

And without knowing me you assume that your l33t 'rational arguments' go straight over my head?

You say you wanted to experience Asc as an alliance after you did see them being dominating the game or just beeing extremely powerfull many rounds in a row. That makes you sir, look like an pure gloryhunter. And because universe is full of people like you Asc won't have problems to get their tag full during the round.

Fuzzy 30 Oct 2009 11:53

i dont know you but i made the assessment that youre a moron based on the fact you made an utterly retarded post judging me when you really have no idea about me or what youre talking about.

yes, i wanted to experience asc as an ally since r26 when there period of awesomeness began, as they have been a fantastic group. its not about wanting an easy ride, but simply to be part of a well organised and ran alliance and to have that experience.

instead however i chose to join CT, Audentes and Omen for r28/29/30, being appointed HC of both audentes and omen during those rounds. After ascendancy won the 3-in-a-row after r30 and omen disbanded i joined a small BG called WAFHH instead of taking up the option to join ascendancy, as i didnt feel there would be any challenge in joining ascendancy, and i would rather fight as the underdog. I then spent the next 2 rounds in apprime simply since i am one of elviz' 'fanboys'.

Finally at r34, 8 rounds after asc initially appealing to me i have decided to join them as asc winning seems like less of a foregone conclusion than before and none of the other alliances playing appealed to me and it seemed a good chance to play in a group i always wanted to experience.

and i also genuinely dont see us as favourites going into this round simply due to numbers and our reputation always making us seen as a serious threat. if we do win though be assured it wont be an easy round and we wont get victory without a fight.

now having had to tell you what seems like my life story and sound like a self-obsessed twat i hope you leave your judgements aside and let me enjoy my round in ascendancy without spouting shite about things you simply know nothing about.

people can question my calibre as a player or leader all they like, but i dont appreciate fools who have no idea who i am questioning my integrity and motives.

EDIT: you can also see more on my views on people joining top allies instead of the opposition in threads such as the one this post is on.

the following post
from lokken is pretty much why i joined ascendancy now.

Linkie 30 Oct 2009 11:56

It's not like ascendancy's victories have been an easy ride.

CBA 30 Oct 2009 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkie (Post 3183693)
it's not like ascendancy's victories have been an easy ride.

orly?