Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What is your prejudice? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=187493)

s|k 20 Sep 2005 21:16

What is your prejudice?

Mine are:

Religious people, especially Christians.

Women (I'm trying to overcome this one)
African Americans (as opposed to black Africans) (I'm trying to overcome this one too)

Obesity (I may become this one)
The handicapped and sick people, (working on it)

The superwealthy.

Some of these I admit are unjust, and I'm working on overcoming them. Do you have any?

Phil^ 20 Sep 2005 21:20

Re: What is your prejudice?

Those to take religion to (imo) silly extremes - especially 'born again christians'

People who think they're really clever, but infact arent

Politicians

Republicans who blindly swear George Bush is the best thing to ever have happened to america

Marketeers ( advertising ppl )

RIAA/MPAA/Insert greedy corporation(s) here

KaneED 20 Sep 2005 21:20

Fatties.

I'm pretty open about most other things other than paedophiliacs and rapists and the like

Phang 20 Sep 2005 21:31

people who refuse to deviate from supporting a theoretical model even when it is plainly inapplicable in a real world situation.

this is not in the sense of nodrog and so on, this is in the sense of people who have sky is green moments. without wishing to drag everything down to the disgustingly pointlessly specific level of the worst excesses of livejournal users, someone in my economics class today insisted that britain should scrap the current minumum wage because it was causing massive unemployment. Somebody else, in Politics, insisted that Germany voted overwhelmingly for the right because the CDU topped the ballot, even though the three left-wing parties beat the CDU/FDP by 6.1% of the vote.

Such are the idiots I swim in.

ChubbyChecker 20 Sep 2005 21:45

People who don't see things my way.

They can go take the highway!

steve 20 Sep 2005 21:54

The only people i dont get on are those who dont pull there own weight and arent prepared to look after themselves

Ste 20 Sep 2005 21:57

this isn't a thread for "who don't you like" it's a "who do you have prejudice against"

I have prejudice against everyone i guess...

acropolis 20 Sep 2005 22:06

blacks, asians, fat people, women, southerners, far-righters, mainstream rights, the poor, the elderly, the young, gays, conservative christians, muslims, far left types, the rich, atheists, wiccans, mainstream left, independents, spanish speakers, environmentalists, economists, philosophers, and frat guys.

hate frat guys.

NEWSBOT3 20 Sep 2005 22:29

smokers.

Dante Hicks 20 Sep 2005 22:30

I'm pretty prejudiced against loud people, or people who insist on standing too close to you when they speak.

For instance, last Saturday myself and T&F went to get some fried chicken. While we were waiting a drunk black guy spent ten minutes telling me quite loudly that
a) Jesus was black
b) White people would be enslaved for two thousand years
c) That white people were evil
d) That the black man would rise again, it was in the bible.

Now, I must admit I totally discounted everything he had to say because he was too damn loud. Similarly I hate anyone on the bus who insists on talking loudly. Especially since it usually involves telling some tedious anecdote about how Monique annoyed Sharmaine or Latetia or how Dave was going to beat up Darren or something equally uninteresting.

And yeah, smokers as NB3 says. Although I'm not sure that's a prejudice, they just tend to smell pretty badly and if you kiss them it's generally horrible (at first).

Proteus 20 Sep 2005 22:35

Cyclists.

madi 20 Sep 2005 22:36

i really hate stupid people
to the extent that i would without regret see everyone with an IQ of 120* or less thrown in a volcano
i realise that i would be killing off lots of perfectly nice people and most of my own family but it would be worth it

* the line has to be drawn somewhere and today that is where my line is and IQ is the stick i have drawn it with, unfair this may be but this isnt about fairness it is about expressing ones prejudice.

Dante Hicks 20 Sep 2005 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nantoz
Just smoke yourself and you'll not notice it anymore.

I'd honestly prefer to start a heroin habit.
Quote:

And an anned bonuse is that smoking saves you a shitload of money.
I'm already going to die before I stop earning money, smoking isn't going to help there.

Duncan 20 Sep 2005 22:37

Anyone who resists my sexual advances

and ******s.

madi 20 Sep 2005 22:57

Quote:

Poor Madi. I bet you tried to get into Mensa for so very long untill you finally gave up :(

It'snot all of us who have it in themselves. I have to admitt I only got 35 out of 36 correct answers myself. Pathetic.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

(have no idea what is required to join mensa, i picked IQ as a measuring stick and 120 as what i assume to be about a 70% mark to illustrate my point on how deep seated my prejudice is)

_Kila_ 20 Sep 2005 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil^
Those to take religion to (imo) silly extremes

People who think they're really clever, but infact arent

Republicans who blindly swear George Bush is the best thing to ever have happened to america

^^
Also:
The stupid ****s who sit next to me on the bus and stink of cigarettes so much that I have to move because of my asthma.

People who lie a lot.

People who think alcohol will kill you if you drink 1 pint/glass/shot.

Blastoderm 20 Sep 2005 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Now, I must admit I totally discounted everything he had to say because he was too damn loud. Similarly I hate anyone on the bus who insists on talking loudly. Especially since it usually involves telling some tedious anecdote about how Monique annoyed Sharmaine or Latetia or how Dave was going to beat up Darren or something equally uninteresting.

You forgot Chantelle, lol. It's always true.

Quote:

and if you kiss them it's generally horrible (at first).

I didn't feel that way when I went out with a smoker for the first time. *shrug*

skiddy 20 Sep 2005 23:47

I used to be exceptionally racist.

Now I simply hate all pakistani women who drive big Audi's with kids in the back.

I'm not racist, I realised I simply projected my hatred of the above against all races. Now I've managed to focus it, I'm truly happy.

Raging.Retard 20 Sep 2005 23:48

Fat people.
Smokers.
Poor people. Especially people on benefits.

Blastoderm 20 Sep 2005 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raging.Retard
Poor people. Especially people on benefits.

As 50 Pence have said, "Get Rich or Claim Benefit".

Blastoderm 21 Sep 2005 00:05

Ok my prejudice is people who are naive such as:

White people (who are grungers, goths, et al) who think they are better than everyone else in society.
Adding to that, I hate them when they think that their lifestyle is just exclusive to white folks only (it shocks them when they hear that other types are into it).
White people (in general) who patronise you just because you're a foreigner.
Black people in general (the ones from the "ghetto")
Filthy-stinking-rich Arabs who still demand more money.

I could go on but I don't want to...

vampire_lestat 21 Sep 2005 00:07

I hate anyone who has power because I want it.

Knight Theamion 21 Sep 2005 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by madi

(have no idea what is required to join mensa, i picked IQ as a measuring stick and 120 as what i assume to be about a 70% mark to illustrate my point on how deep seated my prejudice is)

you are wrong there.
No way 70%, it's well over 90% as 115 is 84%

Although I do not care, I would survive that anyway.

I hate stupid people, fat people, simple people, overly-religious (see stupid) and thicko's

I especially hate thicko's

And narrowminded people, I hate those more.

But I am open to more hate I think, I can hate more.

Yahwe 21 Sep 2005 00:25

people who think they are intelligent.

but that's just because i'm very lazy and such people always require more effort to teach.

Dace 21 Sep 2005 00:32

Quote:

For instance, last Saturday myself and T&F went to get some fried chicken. While we were waiting a drunk black guy spent ten minutes telling me quite loudly that
a) Jesus was black
b) White people would be enslaved for two thousand years
c) That white people were evil
d) That the black man would rise again, it was in the bible.

A black man at a fried chicken "emporium"?

Who'd have thought eh?!

I bet he asked for some watermelon for "afters" as well didn't he.

Arachnidman 21 Sep 2005 00:57

I hate girls who "hang around" on forums and refuse to post loads of hot photos of themselves, yet they have a photo of themselves as their avatar.

Demon Dave 21 Sep 2005 01:08

Quote:

I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone regardless of all other issues

s|k 21 Sep 2005 01:10

Oh yes, I have prejudice against thieves (not people who download music but actually steal personal property).

Jennifer 21 Sep 2005 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
people who think they are intelligent.

but that's just because i'm very lazy and such people always require more effort to teach.

What about people who actuallly are intelligent, though?

I have a problem with stupid people, generally. I'm too tired to elaborate right now. Maybe I will in the morning.

Arachnidman 21 Sep 2005 01:23

People who are intelligent often don't think they are intelligent.

People who think they are intelligent are therefore not, and correctly fall under Yahwe's category.

s|k 21 Sep 2005 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arachnidman
People who are intelligent often don't think they are intelligent.

People who think they are intelligent are therefore not, and correctly fall under Yahwe's category.

Not intelligent for thinking your intelligent? So say you are intelligent, and then because of your mental faculty you recognize your attribute, and once having done so you lose it? What?

IncubusGod 21 Sep 2005 03:25

People who hold prejudices.

And pikeys.

dda 21 Sep 2005 04:39

I am prejudiced against the self-righteous, the pompous, the self-important and the gratuitously cruel. I am prjudiced in favor of intelligence, wit and kindness.

Dante Hicks 21 Sep 2005 06:21

Quote:

If you are so without any means of evaluating yourself and your surroundings, that you do no even know if you are more intelligent than the averge, then you are truly stupid.

A lot of people would discount such simplistic notions of generic intellignece. When I was a kid I used to think that somehow I was more intelligent than "the average", but now I realise that many of my abilities are way below the norm and such a belief is unjustified. I am just lucky that most areas where I am very weak are areas I can avoid in my daily life one way or the other.

Vaio 21 Sep 2005 07:14

The french

ceres 21 Sep 2005 07:38

Everyone til they prove me wrong.
________
LIKE_SQUIRTNASTY

Radical Edward 21 Sep 2005 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by s|k
Not intelligent for thinking your intelligent? So say you are intelligent, and then because of your mental faculty you recognize your attribute, and once having done so you lose it? What?

Well much of it is how people position themselves. The less intelligent people (for example creationists) think they know everything about everything, and yet repeatedly demonstrate that they know almost nothing. Intelligent poeple on the other hand will generally acknowledge that while they are good at some things, they are very limited at others, so for example a theoretical mathematician will not often claim that he knows everything there is to know about biology. To some degree the hallmark of intelligence is knowing where your limits are.

SYMM 21 Sep 2005 07:56

A lot of people seem to have missed the point of a prejudice... :|

Ste 21 Sep 2005 08:46

I hate a lot of things
I hate a lot of people that are lame
I like to hate stuff
Cause then I don't havae to try and make
A change
I hate teachers
I hate school
I hate the cheerleaders
And anyone who's cool
I hate the office
I hate the Quad
Don't wanna learn nothing
I want to be a slob

It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
I don't like nothing and I like that fine
(Liking something's just a waste of time)
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
I don't like nothing and I like that fine
I don't like nothing and like that fine
Yeah I hate everything
I even hate you too
So **** you

I'm always thinking bad
I never have nothing good to say
I'd rather tear things down
Than build them up
It's easier that way
I hate the jocks
And I hate the geeks
I hate the trendies
But I also hate the freaks
I hate Dr. Martens
And Muscle T's
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery
I'll cut you down and give you lip
Being positive's so unhip
I'll cut you down cause I'm a fool
Being positive's so uncool

I hate the jocks
And I hate the geeks
I hate the trendies
But I also hate the freaks
I hate your band
And I hate TV
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery

SbOlly 21 Sep 2005 08:59

I dislike opinionated people. Well at least the shit ones, who are so desperate to believe in their righteous ideas they will cling to any information, true or not, to shove down your throat while screaming something like "See, I told you that eating anything thats been near an animal would give your entire family cancer!". Even if their source of information is www.vegansrockmeateaterssuck.com.

Bastards.

madi 21 Sep 2005 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arachnidman
I hate girls who "hang around" on forums and refuse to post loads of hot photos of themselves, yet they have a photo of themselves as their avatar.

i could take that personally
but you might be one of the 90% of people my loathing of dumb people would exterminate so i guess its only fair.

djbass 21 Sep 2005 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYMM

I have to agree, as such I don't really have any prejudices, or at least it'd be a hard thing to judge one's self on.

I do however hate many people for very good reasons.

Proteus 21 Sep 2005 09:41

I have a dilemma. I don't want to have an IQ lower than 120 because Madi would kill me, and I don't want one higher than 120 because Madi wouldn't kill me and I'd have to live in a world full of clever people who know they're clever and Knight Theamion. :(

Radical Edward 21 Sep 2005 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proteus
I have a dilemma. I don't want to have an IQ lower than 120 because Madi would kill me, and I don't want one higher than 120 because Madi wouldn't kill me and I'd have to live in a world full of clever people who know they're clever and Knight Theamion. :(

what about if you had an IQ of exactly 120? perhaps that would be the solution to your problem. then you could hang around with all the other 120ers and you would be amongst the thickies.

interestingly though, as the first batch are eliminated, the centre of the IQ spread shifts, so some people who previously had an IQ of just over 120 would now have an IQ of under 120, since 100 is the average and must remain so.

Radical Edward 21 Sep 2005 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYMM

what is the point then?

Apothos 21 Sep 2005 10:08

I'm prejudiced against northern girls with blonde highlights and big breasts. Especially fat ones.

Apothos 21 Sep 2005 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radical Edward
what is the point then?

What you think of them before you get to know them, or something.

Or did i miss your point? :(

pyirt 21 Sep 2005 10:22

Premature judgement, as opposed to personal "pet hates"?

PSH 21 Sep 2005 10:57

Not sure if this is a prejudice, jealousy or hate but people who are famous/involved in a specific are or business just because mommy or daddy were famous (eg. Osbourne kids, Callum Best, Stella McCartney etc.)

I probably judge people by their clothes and habits more then their race because this is something they have some degree of control over. So in my book if you hang around on street corners with a hoody, tracksuit trousers and any trace of Burberry you are a trouble maker and a waster, if you walk around in mainly black clothes, excessively long coats, too much make up and chunky boots you are someone who feels they are not beautiful enough to make it so you opt for the alternative/individual approach (even though there are millions like you) and try to disguise yourself to make it look like you never wanted it anyway. Not saying any of these people are wrong, just giving examples of how i judge, I could go on but I think you may have the gist and I should be working. :(

Marilyn Manson 21 Sep 2005 11:25

Code:

-Fat people
-Loud people
-Mongchops
-People with pushchairs
-People over 60 in electric wheelchairs
-Retards
-People from anywhere between Durham and Yorkshire
-Football hooligans (See stupid people, Moncgops.)
-Teenagers
-Drunkards
-Receptionists
-Really shit, fat, middle-class, middle of the road, small-minded bigots
-Anyone who likes 'Nu-Metal' (See stupid people, Moncgops.)
-People who don't know 'how the other half lives'
-People who are social retards
-Anyone who lives in Carlisle/Cumbria and hasn't tried to throw themselves under the rotors of a combined harvester yet
-Southerners (See 'small-minded bigots')
-'Wiccans' (See 'small-minded bigots')
-Practising Catholics (See 'small-minded bigots')
-People who don't drink and/or smoke
-Russians
-Australians
-People from the Deep South
-Evangelists
-Baptists
-Middle-Aged women
-Truck drivers (See 'small-minded bigots')
-Taxi Drivers
-Plumbers
-Electricians
-People who work in call centres
-Chavs
-'Slow' people
-Market traders
-People who can't control their temper

That's about all I can think of atm.