Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   DLR tag Theft (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199421)

Paisley 5 Jun 2011 17:41

DLR tag Theft

Just to bring this to the attention for the Playerbase.

Seems there is an issue with Tag Ownership, It is well known that Grog (Head HC)with another HC... JDD Run an alliance that is called Dark Lords Rising which abreviated as DLR. However seems to be no problem in some random in signing up and claiming the DLR tag without showing any means of ownership.

Showing Historical presidence for the DLR tag.

In rounds 16, 30, 31, 33, 34 ,r41 show that DLR played those rounds
(R20 was renamed h3lls angels in tribute to a former player who is no longer alive)
(references http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki/index.php/DLR and http://beta.planetarion.com/history/history.php )

I haven't seen any other DLR tag in history that wasn't run with by either Grog or JDD I would welcome anyone to show any other DLR alliance that is entirely seperate. Nor has there been any alliance recruitment thread for this round showing of another alliance with the abbrievation/name of DLR.

In r27 the PA team announced as per http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196517

- Alliance name reservation system implemented

but no other mention of this in EULA / manual or any other offical documentation.

Ive been told that JDD made no little progress with the PA team.
Not only been able to get the DLR tag back but not even able to find out who has claimed the DLR tag this round.

The Tag Ownership list Should also be made Public should there be a dispute of Ownership of tag/show that the tag has been claimed already/that it is rightfully owned.
Also who are the DLR representatives in #alliances ?
which should have been another means of checking credentals of ownership.

In short Im asking for the Alliance name reservation system to be changed / amended accordingly.

eksero 5 Jun 2011 17:50

Re: DLR tag Theft

Anyone is free to take tags that aren't reserved, don't see why anyone would bother though

Paisley 5 Jun 2011 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by eksero (Post 3207602)
Anyone is free to take tags that aren't reserved,

And without any sort of credentals hence last line of the starting post.
Why wasn't there an issue from last round? he who signs up first wins?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eksero (Post 3207602)
don't see why anyone would bother though

Other than the purpose of taking the Tag away of the alliance that has previously used DLR as shown above no other than to aggrievate them?

Kargool 5 Jun 2011 18:09

There was an issue last round. ToF had the same problem.

If DLR is so careful with their alliance tag, why didnt they take the steps to safeguard it., also, why cant they play under their full tagname Dark Lords Rising.

Seems to me like just an easy excuse not to play next round tbh.

eksero 5 Jun 2011 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley
And without any sort of credentals hence last line of the starting post.
Why wasn't there an issue from last round? he who signs up first wins?

If people don't want others to steal their tag they should reserve it..

Kaiba 5 Jun 2011 18:21

as eksero says if you dont want it pinched reserve it - DLR has played long enough now to know that

Paisley 5 Jun 2011 18:31

Call it a wild guess if that is the only mention of it
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196517
And haven't had any previous problems?

Does it not sound plausable that they might have not been aware of it?

Kargool 5 Jun 2011 18:34

There is also a forum post about it in a forum alliance hc's of DLR have had access to.

Kaiba 5 Jun 2011 18:52

Yeah when i started up HeX i was aware of it within a few weeks - its just something you know about if you have an alliance for a few rounds.

If Grog was too lazy or neglected to set it up then thats his fault.

Although if im honest i think the PA Team should use some common sense on the matter and return the tag to DLR, its kind of shitty if they dont tbh seeing as DLR is a long standing alliance

t3k 5 Jun 2011 19:11

Hey Paisley, I got an email from amazon the other day recommending me a variety of team-management books as 'recommendations', and thought of you!

But aye, this is PA bureaucracy at it's most ridiculous. They take the wrong things far too seriously, and see their positions as law enforcement instead of customer assistance.

Kaiba, asking PA team to exercise common sense is like telling a quadraplegic to take up swimming.

Paisley 5 Jun 2011 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3k (Post 3207611)
Hey Paisley, I got an email from amazon the other day recommending me a variety of team-management books as 'recommendations', and thought of you!

Im glad it wasn't books on Voodoo :p

vuLgAr 5 Jun 2011 19:55

Quote:

Kaiba, asking PA team to exercise common sense is like telling a quadraplegic to take up swimming.

mr eel disagrees with you!

Gabriel 5 Jun 2011 20:02

Quote:

You're a retard.

Paisley 5 Jun 2011 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by vuLgAr (Post 3207614)
mr eel disagrees with you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadriplegia

Tetraplegia, also known as quadriplegia, is paralysis caused by illness or injury to a human

ReligFree 5 Jun 2011 21:17

Would the prat who has taken the tag please return it. Thank you

vuLgAr 5 Jun 2011 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3207617)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadriplegia

Tetraplegia, also known as quadriplegia, is paralysis caused by illness or injury to a human

so you didn't see the tongue in cheek method behind my last post and pointed me to wikipedia...

well here is a fact just for you.

[DDK]gm 5 Jun 2011 21:28

I fought hard last round to get tof back its tag, it was made clear then that if the alliance does not use the reservation system then PA Team will do nothing. I had to resort to abuse and threats to get the person to release the tag. ofc you cant do that until you know who has it!

I think though that since Grog and JDD are reps for DLR in #alliances then PA Team should recognize that they should be the owners of the tag and release it for them.

I also think that they need a slap for not protecting it, especially after last round.

vuLgAr 5 Jun 2011 22:41

I think this thread should be renamed to "why didn't the DLR HC reserve the tag name" it seems more appropriate, and would fit as a future warning... i mean it seems to be needed as it wasn't noticed last round either.

Kolla 5 Jun 2011 22:59

Daso Attacks again?

Paisley 5 Jun 2011 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by vuLgAr (Post 3207620)
so you didn't see the tongue in cheek method behind my last post and pointed me to wikipedia...

well here is a fact just for you.

Don't tell me I have to go through an epic feat just to get the PA team to see the light?

Back on topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DDK]gm (Post 3207621)
I fought hard last round to get tof back its tag, it was made clear then that if the alliance does not use the reservation system then PA Team will do nothing. I had to resort to abuse and threats to get the person to release the tag. ofc you cant do that until you know who has it!

Care to name and shame?

Quote:

I think though that since Grog and JDD are reps for DLR in #alliances then PA Team should recognize that they should be the owners of the tag and release it for them.

Should be made a requisite to join #alliances to "own" any tag imo.

Quote:

I also think that they need a slap for not protecting it, especially after last round.

Was there any reference to it? I'm not having a go or such.

What happens when the individual claims the DLR tag for themselves via the Alliance name reservation system?

The reasons why i am asking for the Alliance name reservation system to made public to see what tags have been made public.

Also it has been brought to my attention that for r26 Ascendancy had to play under the tag of STOOMTHEREVIVAL due to theft.

JonnyBGood 5 Jun 2011 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3207627)
Also it has been brought to my attention that for r26 Ascendancy had to play under the tag of STOOMTHEREVIVAL due to theft.

And amazingly we managed to survive such a traumatic event and even played the round. It was truly a Christmas miracle.

Good job on more ****ing appalling service from pateam though, it'd be impressive if I wasn't by now convinced that jagex were paying you guys based on the decline in people signing up to play each round.

Abort 5 Jun 2011 23:53

yea... i've heard enough of the "their fault, should've reserved it." PA is dying as it is... do we really want to lose even more players because of something as retarded as this? give them the DLR tag like they deserve/want and drop the subject.

Kaiba 6 Jun 2011 00:00

You kind of get the impression they do Abort from the way they are dragging their heels on the subject.

Its literally a 2 min fix for 1 member of the pa team - just take the tag off the offender, stick a reservation code on it and make Grog and JDD have access to that code - simple.

But no they state stating pathetic crap about stuff and then it turns into a massive whine...

Seriously PA Team (as if your gonna read this) just hand the tag back to DLR ppl and gain some plaudits back from the community for doing the right thing rather than alienating yourselves even more...

[DDK]gm 6 Jun 2011 00:55

Quote:

Don't tell me I have to go through an epic feat just to get the PA team to see the light?

no they just wont give in! and tbh i think its bad that PA Team's uselessness on the matter means you have to verbally abuse and threaten a 13 year old!

Quote:

Care to name and shame?

Sinz/Daso/Angry

and tbh I think there is 2 scenarios here, either its someone from an alliance that doesn't like DLR or its Angry again.

Kaiba 6 Jun 2011 00:56

Appocomaster gave th etag back to DLR - eventually - I reckon tho if he wasnt around that it wouldnt have been resolved tho - so kudos to Appoco for common sense and shame on the rest of teh PA team for dragging out for so long

[DDK]gm 6 Jun 2011 01:02

WOW!! well can every alliance now go to Ace appocomaster or cin and reserve their alliance names!!

All you need to do is give the names of 3 people who can claim the key to the alliance name!

Kargool 6 Jun 2011 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3207634)
Appocomaster gave th etag back to DLR - eventually - I reckon tho if he wasnt around that it wouldnt have been resolved tho - so kudos to Appoco for common sense and shame on the rest of teh PA team for dragging out for so long

Yes, it dragged on for a whole day. The outcry of shame.

vuLgAr 6 Jun 2011 01:15

so as we see the general mindset of current PA is to fkn whinge until we get what we want, well guess what, you look like a bunch of fkn little girls.

obvious kudos goes to r26 Ascendancy

tag was taken, hmm what do we do? moan like a lil bitch about it... or just use the opportunity for someone to come up with a fairly amusing tag and play it out, learn from the mistake and make sure it doesn't happen again.

HELL NO lets go moan about it!

pathetic

[DDK]gm 6 Jun 2011 01:24

I will be bad and quote from the alliances forum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace (Post 3143082)
A alliance rep PMs a multihunter or cin and tells them what alliance name to reserve and who can request the key.
Ofc we check it against the alliance rep list atm.

Once you reserved your alliance name the folowing happens next round.

Person A makes a planet and wants to reg the alliance.
If that alliance name is reserved he or she will be asked for the registration key.
if that person should be allowed to make that alliance he or she has gotten the key from us, if they dont have the key (if they are not one of the ppl on the list that can request the key from us) they can't make that alliance.

If you don't reserve an alliance name there is no way for us to prevent ppl stealing it and we cant help you if they do steal it.

Ace

This was put in place after the asc/stoom thing so stop being ars3s and sign your alliances up to it!

Kaiba 6 Jun 2011 01:26

according to DLR ppl it was regged and then pa team removed the reg - or so they are saying...

vuLgAr 6 Jun 2011 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3207640)
according to DLR ppl it was regged and then pa team removed the reg - or so they are saying...

sounds legit

zFerg 6 Jun 2011 01:38

Great 1st post read Paisley.

HeimdallR 6 Jun 2011 03:57

jesus i better check ODDR tag :D

but really whats in a name ? you move on with same team no shit

Gabriel 6 Jun 2011 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool (Post 3207604)
There was an issue last round. ToF had the same problem.

If DLR is so careful with their alliance tag, why didnt they take the steps to safeguard it., also, why cant they play under their full tagname Dark Lords Rising.

Seems to me like just an easy excuse not to play next round tbh.

I hate to do this, I really do, but Kargool, I agree with you.

OK I feel nauseous now.

Paisley 6 Jun 2011 18:43

I hear DLR got it's tag back ... common sense prevails

Cheers appoco

Tis 7 Jun 2011 05:53

And those reprobates who use the Fury tag, seems to be one every other round or so.

I DEMAND RESTITUTION

(And thumb screws.)

Assassin 8 Jun 2011 12:01

Tbh although of course PA Team could have just gave them the tag back and sorted it instantly (ie common sense) i also understand their argument. They put this system in place so they didnt have to keep doing this. If HC of an alliance dont bother to reserve their own tag (a system which has bin in place for a fair few rounds, and advertised on the forums so even the alliances not in the top 10 know about it) why should they make exceptions? Lesson: Learn to actually take responsability for things yourselves PA Community and stop then going mad at the PA Team when somone challenges your idlness/lazyness.

DLR are full of experienced players... there is no excuse for not knowing of this system. But congrats to Appoco for giving them the tag back and stopping them from throwing the wrattle/dummy out the pram.

Patrikc 8 Jun 2011 15:51

I can't believe how people are claiming PATeam should use common sense and (have) give(n) the tag "back" to DLR.

First of all, you have no idea who regged the tag in the first place, for all you know it was an inactive DLR member (who has as much right to it as anyone else). Second, we (as in, Support Team) are being taught from day one on the team that user errors are not going to be corrected/reverted - this is most definitely a user error on DLR's part considering they were made aware of the system. It's like not reading the EULA, breaking the rules, and then claiming you didn't know your brother couldn't play from the same computer.

I'm not saying the system is flawless or couldn't be improved (see: #alliances join = autoregged, as above), but it's there and you should either accept it or make suggestions to improve; not complain about it after something goes wrong and throw a tantrum in #support.

lokken 9 Jun 2011 20:49

Just to be clear. Anyone selling a tag on AD will be banned.

Thanks.

Appocomaster 9 Jun 2011 22:20

Just to confirm, it wasn't actually me who "gave it back". No alliance tools were used in the changing of this ownership. The user gave it up with very little prompting, but wasn't around for a day or two. Also, it was Ace who did most of the actual communicating - I was only around at the end to tidy it up, as everyone else had left from all the abuse we were getting on the issue.

As Patrikc has alluded to, in the past we've had member A of the alliance has helpfully registered an alliance and then member B of the same alliance demands immediately that we revert the alliance to them. We're not meant to be around to manage alliances, or to give out the usernames of players who've registered alliances - I don't see that we have that right to give away in game user information.

All we can do, and we have done in the past, is to ask the user if they really want the tag as they don't appear to have had it in the past. no amount of abuse or swearing at us will change that. :(