Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Advice for a friends first date... (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196869)

cheekybru 22 Aug 2008 19:11

Advice for a friends first date...

Hey guys!

Newt desperately needs advice on what to wear on his first ever date with a girl. The thread will also give you all a great opportunity to dig out your joke books too so everyone wins.

Option #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37dSniVDbqs

Option #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvOzIqMXKWQ (wi black shoes)

Background info:

He hasnt met the girl before, but have chatted and exchanged pics etc (she works with a rl-mate of his). The date is a pub lunch followed by the fair (or a dvd at her's if its shit weather). She is a romantic 'normal' girl.

Debating points:

- are his glasses shit or not? mixed reviews so far.

- is the brown top too casual? is the shirt too formal?

- if he goes for the brown top, should he remove some of the white stuff around the neck area.

Thank you kindly,

Cheek

Tomkat 22 Aug 2008 19:52

Re: Advice for a friends first date...

Brown top (keep white t-shirt)
He looks slimmer in it.

No glasses
They look like the glasses that Brains wears :(

Good luck with the date! The shirt looks too formal - they're going to a fair, not a bar or nightclub.

EDIT:
Tom's girlfriend's input:
Brown top, keep the white, but wear a slightly fitted smarter jacket over the top, blazer type thing maybe, that way you get a good mix of smart and casual. and i think the glasses are kinda funky! keep them.
Best of luck xx

Mitre 22 Aug 2008 20:38

He should keep the glasses imo.
Id go for the shirt.

cheekybru 22 Aug 2008 20:41

[20:42] <newtzZz> tomkat is ace
[20:42] <newtzZz> !

ricoshay 22 Aug 2008 20:44

Broooown!

PS:
(22:49:31) *(@newtzZz) thyank you cheek!
(22:49:40) *(@newtzZz) i love it too, youre the first to share the feeling :(

:o :o

I can see something there!

Ceadrath 23 Aug 2008 00:18

what ever one it is he wears, for the love of all thats holy iron it before you go out :(

Membrivio 23 Aug 2008 08:27

Advice of the day: always take Smints or an equivalent with you. You don't want to have a bad smelling mouth!

Membrivio 23 Aug 2008 08:45

And almost forgot:

Cologne is fine, but don't ruin your direct environment! ;)

Nodrog 23 Aug 2008 15:47

Caring too much about clothes to the point hes asking advice on what to wear means hes probably quite insecure and lacks confidence which is a bigger problem than his dress-sense.

Also we all know it isnt your mate...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekybru (Post 3154012)

Jumper is far too big for him, needs to wear clothes that fit him and stop his body looking shapeless. The top is just hanging off him.

The jeans look too cheap imo.

Also learn how to use an iron.
Quote:

Option #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvOzIqMXKWQ (wi black shoes)
I like this more but I think that shirts only look good if theyre slim-fitting. This is how a shirt should fit, notice how it hugs the body and accentuates the shape without being too tight. The problem with being fat is that it means people often try to wear clothes that are too big for them, which looks shit. He needs to iron the jeans too

Anyway clothes are the least of his worries, he needs to drop about 20-30 pounds and get rid of all that face fat. Losing weight can really transform a person's face, especially when they tend to store fat in their cheeks/chin.

Linkie 23 Aug 2008 16:24

If any, go for #2. #1 looks really boring. However, I'm with Nodrog here, get something that fits better. Wearing too big clothes makes you look really insecure (and that probably is why he is wearing it anyway). Also, make sure you get some accessories to cover atleast 1 of you wrists (watch, wristband, whatever), preferably both. A necklace might be good too. And yeah, iron that shit.

Fiery 23 Aug 2008 17:12

Could we see the black shirt with the white tee under it. Leave it unbuttoned. And roll the sleeves up. And the wrinkles are ugly. It makes me think you just grabbed some dirty clothes that were wadded up in the corner and put them on. That's so yuck. A watch or bracelet would look good. I like the glasses and the shoes. Any other choices?

P1ngu 23 Aug 2008 17:37

naa dont iron anything, might think your gay or your mom did it. 1st and last date..

If cologne use something with gasolin/oil smell even roll around in some dirt before the date. Makes you look like a badass :P

First post, just had to... :)

KoeN 23 Aug 2008 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodrog (Post 3154064)
This is how a shirt should fit, notice how it hugs the body and accentuates the shape without being too tight.

homo :salute:

cookiemay 23 Aug 2008 20:55

Quote:

Anyway clothes are the least of his worries, he needs to drop about 20-30 pounds and get rid of all that face fat. Losing weight can really transform a person's face, especially when they tend to store fat in their cheeks/chin.

OUCHHHHHHH gordon u c***

cheekybru 24 Aug 2008 10:40

Quote:

Also we all know it isnt your mate...

?

Sophie 24 Aug 2008 11:18

The real question is. HOW DID IT GO?

cheekybru 24 Aug 2008 11:24

*waits with bated breath*

Tomkat 31 Aug 2008 15:52

Quote:

Jumper is far too big for him, needs to wear clothes that fit him and stop his body looking shapeless. The top is just hanging off him.

I like this more but I think that shirts only look good if theyre slim-fitting. This is how a shirt should fit, notice how it hugs the body and accentuates the shape without being too tight. The problem with being fat is that it means people often try to wear clothes that are too big for them, which looks shit.

My girlfriend said pretty much the same thing but didn't write it.

jerome 31 Aug 2008 16:14

nodrog giving dating advice

Nodrog 31 Aug 2008 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat (Post 3154411)
My girlfriend said pretty much the same thing but didn't write it.

sounds like we have a lot in common...

Yahwe 31 Aug 2008 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodrog (Post 3154419)
sounds like we have a lot in common...

I didn't know you had a repressed homosexual partner

Tomkat 2 Sep 2008 15:52

me too!

Baron Morte 12 Sep 2008 12:46

Quote:

Caring too much about clothes to the point hes asking advice on what to wear means hes probably quite insecure and lacks confidence which is a bigger problem than his dress-sense.

Exactly.

I get so nervous when near girls that it ends up ruining everything. If i try to drink something out of a glass, i spill it all over my shirt, and trying to drink it from a straw results in liquids the lung. If I try to eat a sandwich, i drop in the ground or take a big bite and almost choke to death on that. Trying to drive leads to weird manouvres and general poor orientation.

Even though i am pretty aware of such inadequacy, it wont go away. Sucks:(