Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is it cool to be Catholic again? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=184419)

pig 2 Apr 2005 21:27

Is it cool to be Catholic again?

Discuss

Marilyn Manson 2 Apr 2005 21:30

Re: Is it cool to be Catholic again?

About as cool as having down's syndrome.

pig 2 Apr 2005 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson

i disagree, why is catholicism being given so much coverage? I bet even jews and muslims wish tehy were catholic today.

Phang 2 Apr 2005 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig
i disagree, why is catholicism being given so much coverage? I bet even jews and muslims wish tehy were catholic today.

what in the sixty sodomised space lizards are you talking about?

Marilyn Manson 2 Apr 2005 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig
i disagree, why is catholicism being given so much coverage?

Because the Pope has just died?

G.K Zhukov 2 Apr 2005 21:44

Quote:

Besides the Pope was stuck in the middle agees with his views on abortion, homosexualty, condoms, etc.

Why he was granted access to modern age medicin is beyond me. If he really thought the middle agees was so great, he should actually have refused to benefit from modern medicin himself!

Marilyn Manson 2 Apr 2005 21:47

The Papacy has seriously lagged behind the rest of the world on practically all important social and political issues, and has almost always ended up capitulating on their previous stances, since about 1500.

I don't know why they don't just try to keep up to date and save themselves the hassle.

pig 2 Apr 2005 21:54

Quote:

The Papacy has seriously lagged behind the rest of the world on practically all important social and political issues, and has almost always ended up capitulating on their previous stances, since about 1500.

I don't know why they don't just try to keep up to date and save themselves the hassle.

completly agree but its like that for most major religions is it not? Remember theres 1billion catholics around atm, do you think they would lose or gain more by changing there stance. Although the pope did end communism*

*supposedly

Phang 2 Apr 2005 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig
Although the pope did end communism*

*supposedly

absolutely. the pressure from the united states and the abuse of power and subsequent turning of public opinion and of course the sheer incompetency of each and every echelon of soviet government had no part to play.

*donkie* 2 Apr 2005 22:13

Owned.

Ninja_spammer 2 Apr 2005 23:17

it all depends, is Bono catholic?

If so then yes it is cool to be a papist tim bastard.

;)

Marilyn Manson 2 Apr 2005 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig
Although the pope did end communism*

*supposedly

Wahahahahaha, wahahahahaha, wahahahahahaha, ohahahahahaha! Ohhahahaha, ohahahahahah, wahahahahaha, etc

pig 2 Apr 2005 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja_spammer
it all depends, is Bono catholic?

If so then yes it is cool to be a papist tim bastard.

;)

i think he is.

roadrunner_0 3 Apr 2005 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Besides the Pope was stuck in the middle agees with his views on abortion, homosexualty, condoms, etc.

Why he was granted access to modern age medicin is beyond me. If he really thought the middle agees was so great, he should actually have refused to benefit from modern medicin himself!

once again, GK proves he's a cnut (and not in the good sense) you do realise that JP2 was one of the best popes ever right?

christ, knowing your views, i bet you still haven't forgiven the catholics for the crusades, right?

pig 3 Apr 2005 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
once again, GK proves he's a cnut (and not in the good sense) you do realise that JP2 was one of the best popes ever right?

christ, knowing your views, i bet you still haven't forgiven the catholics for the crusades, right?

we arent proud of the crusades, but if you say jihad we wont be scared to say crusade.

Yahwe 3 Apr 2005 01:04

watch your use of the word 'we' there pig my boy

"there never has been, i suppose, in all the history of war, such an opportunity for youth. the knights of the round table and the crusaders all fall back into the past. not only distant but prosaic.
but these young airmen going forth each day, holding in their hands these instruments of collossal and shattering power..."

W. Churchill (the we shall never surrender speach)

pig 3 Apr 2005 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
watch your use of the word 'we' there pig my boy)

my bad

still the muslims think that jihad is :COOL: the crusades were done with style]

lokken 3 Apr 2005 01:09

catholics have always been cool

G.K Zhukov 3 Apr 2005 02:19

Quote:

Once again you show yourself to be a complete moron.
When will you actually manage to bring up with you a argument? Is it that difficult, or are you just braindead. Im actually tempted to sign up about 100 accounts here, just so I can neg rep your sorry little "I have no clue, so I cant come up with any argument or facts in a discussion" to neg rep red hell.

And Im not going to answer your crusades thingy, couse it has nothing to do with the newly dead Pope beeing a reactionary, old-fashioned man still stuck in the middle agees.

Regarding the north-ireland thread, the only ones who were actually making some sense there, was me, Dante and furball. The rest of you were a bunch of idiots with no actually knowlegde about the subject (not mention the need for showing off your macho e-penises, like 16 year old boys trying to make a impression on your first love). Your level of discussion, in particular, was worst of the worse. Your so shit, it really defines a new level. It makes Sundaypm stand out like a freaking GD-God. Thats how bad you are.

Its always a pleasure telling people like you how utterly incompetent and stupid they are.

Tactitus 3 Apr 2005 04:28

Quote:

And yet, John Paul II will probably be remembered as one of the most significant popes--arguably the most influentual pope in the past 500 years. This in spite of his conservatism on social issues (less so on political issues).
Quote:

If you keep updating dogma it ceases to be dogma.

Knight Theamion 3 Apr 2005 10:24

Catholicism, just like any other form of religion, is just a socially accepted form of masshysteria.

JonnyBGood 3 Apr 2005 17:47

Quote:

This would make more* sense if the pope opposed any facets of the area of medical science which kept him alive.

*any

Marilyn Manson 3 Apr 2005 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactitus
And yet, John Paul II will probably be remembered as one of the most significant popes--arguably the most influentual pope in the past 500 years. This in spite of his conservatism on social issues (less so on political issues).

I think you kind of delivered your own retort to that one.

Reidy 3 Apr 2005 18:44

im a catholic and i tend to think its rather cool when brasil win the world cup :)

G.K Zhukov 3 Apr 2005 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
This would make more* sense if the pope opposed any facets of the area of medical science which kept him alive.

*any

And modern medical science comes out of nothing, or the development of society as a whole?

Dante Hicks 3 Apr 2005 19:11

The fact this Pope was better than his predecessors is so laughably irrelevent I don't even know where to start.

Dace 3 Apr 2005 19:16

i disagree

Phang 3 Apr 2005 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dace
i disagree

you're right. he wasn't that much better than his predecessors.

Dace 3 Apr 2005 19:23

i disagree

Marilyn Manson 3 Apr 2005 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dace
i disagree

Dace is 100% hetro.

Weeks 3 Apr 2005 19:30

Quote:

Wahahahahaha, wahahahahaha, wahahahahahaha, ohahahahahaha! Ohhahahaha, ohahahahahah, wahahahahaha, etc

Look, if the BBC said it then it's true.

Marilyn Manson 3 Apr 2005 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weeks
Look, if the BBC said it then it's true.

The problem is, we already known that Ronald Reagan defeated Communism single handedly, and no doubt Thatcher, when she dies, will also have defeated it single handedly. So where does Mr Pope fit in with all of this?

lokken 3 Apr 2005 19:52

Quote:

Dace is 100% hetro.

I thought this said 'Dace is 100% heron' :(

Phang 3 Apr 2005 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken

i'd buy that for a dollar!

pig 3 Apr 2005 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken

i thought it said "Dace is 100% hero"

Boogster 3 Apr 2005 20:13

This place is overwhelmingly cynical.

Ninja_spammer 3 Apr 2005 22:20

Some might call it being realistic.

Lupin 3 Apr 2005 22:23

the world is cynic not me!

JonnyBGood 4 Apr 2005 17:59

Quote:

And modern medical science comes out of nothing, or the development of society as a whole?

Oh yeah because there are no facets of modern society you don't oppose :rolleyes:

G.K Zhukov 4 Apr 2005 18:06

Quote:

Oh yeah because there are no facets of modern society you don't oppose :rolleyes:

Dont evade the question mista JBG.

ceres 4 Apr 2005 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by idimmu
really cool people now want to join the Opus Dei

Hit me baby one more time!
________
The Legend Condominium Cosy Beach

JonnyBGood 4 Apr 2005 18:13

Quote:

Dont evade the question mista JBG.

But the question's bizzare. Saying you should only receive treatment if you agree with the society, which created said treatment, in it's totality is an insane assertion as it would mean that basically nobody would ever get treatment.

roadrunner_0 4 Apr 2005 18:19

Quote:

Once again you show yourself to be a complete moron.
When will you actually manage to bring up with you a argument? Is it that difficult, or are you just braindead. Im actually tempted to sign up about 100 accounts here, just so I can neg rep your sorry little "I have no clue, so I cant come up with any argument or facts in a discussion" to neg rep red hell.

And Im not going to answer your crusades thingy, couse it has nothing to do with the newly dead Pope beeing a reactionary, old-fashioned man still stuck in the middle agees.

Regarding the north-ireland thread, the only ones who were actually making some sense there, was me, Dante and furball. The rest of you were a bunch of idiots with no actually knowlegde about the subject (not mention the need for showing off your macho e-penises, like 16 year old boys trying to make a impression on your first love). Your level of discussion, in particular, was worst of the worse. Your so shit, it really defines a new level. It makes Sundaypm stand out like a freaking GD-God. Thats how bad you are.

Its always a pleasure telling people like you how utterly incompetent and stupid they are.

it would be even more of a pleasure if you actually had an opinion worth a damn, am i rite?

oh, and sign up all the accounts you want, it wont affect my green blob rating :)

EDIT: just so my post inst just flaming ;) i'm actually stuck at work and will be replying to this properly when i get home, i just felt like winding zhukov up

G.K Zhukov 4 Apr 2005 18:24

Quote:

But the question's bizzare. Saying you should only receive treatment if you agree with the society, which created said treatment, in it's totality is an insane assertion as it would mean that basically nobody would ever get treatment.

If you want to live in the middle agees, you should only recive medical assistance according to the standards of the middle age. If that choice was presented to the now dead pope, Osama Bin Laden&Co, protestant evangelists in the USA etc, wouldnt it be interesting to see their choice?

G.K Zhukov 4 Apr 2005 18:25

Quote:

it would be even more of a pleasure if you actually had an opinion worth a damn, am i rite?

oh, and sign up all the accounts you want, it wont affect my green blob rating :)

EDIT: just so my post inst just flaming ;) i'm actually stuck at work and will be replying to this properly when i get home, i just felt like winding zhukov up

I still dont see an argument. Your still utterly poo :)

JonnyBGood 4 Apr 2005 18:29

Quote:

If you want to live in the middle agees, you should only recive medical assistance according to the standards of the middle age. If that choice was presented to the now dead pope, Osama Bin Laden&Co, protestant evangelists in the USA etc, wouldnt it be interesting to see their choice?

Pope John Paul II did not want to live in the middle ages.

PS Give it a rest guys.

LHC 4 Apr 2005 18:35

By the way creating more accounts won't help you change his reputation.

SYMM 4 Apr 2005 18:40

Roadrunner is fluffy, with lots of green blobs.
Zhukov is nasty and horrid, with a nice shiny red blob.

I rest my case, m'lud.

Phang 4 Apr 2005 18:48

Zhukov has the beginnings of a point, he's just too inept to realise it.

the Pope is somewhat hypocritical in that he condemns, and indeed has spread misinformation about, advances in medical science which benefit others; but not about the branches which benefit him. If the Pope had AIDS i reckon the furore about condoms would have died pretty ****ing fast.

and rr really is an incalculably better human being and internet poster than zhukov.

JonnyBGood 4 Apr 2005 18:50

I'd like us all to take a moment to reflect on the undeniable hilarity of the line "if the pope had AIDS".