Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lloyds TSB are crap (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193890)

Smudge 24 Feb 2007 21:41

Lloyds TSB are crap

First of all there profits go up 11%

Then they start charging people for credit card usage

Now I'm one of the (lucky?) 50,000 people who recieved a letter from Lloyds TSB saying that they were going to charge me £35 for the privilage of having a credit card with them. Needless to say that an hour later my credit card with them was cancelled. They say that it is for people who dont use it often yet I use it every month for train tickets (£40->£60) as well as large purchases such as laptops and mobiles.

Ergo Lloyds TSB are crap.

All Systems Go 24 Feb 2007 21:58

Re: Lloyds TSB are crap

What if the government took over all the banks. Where's the problem? :p

Mistwraith 24 Feb 2007 22:11

Quote:

Recently, card provider MBNA said they would start charging a £10 fee on accounts which had a positive balance.
well they dont suck as much as MBNA :P

its only a matter of time b4 they all start doing it because of the OFT making em drop their charges .

god bless the OFt and all who sail in her .. they are looking at the drug companies now !

All Systems Go 24 Feb 2007 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistwraith
well they dont suck as much as MBNA :P

its only a matter of time b4 they all start doing it because of the OFT making em drop their charges .

god bless the OFt and all who sail in her .. they are looking at the drug companies now !

I can never tell if you're being serious or not. there is a real problem here. If there is a crackdown on one area in which they are ripping off cutomers then they raise charges elsewhere. Without a major overhaul of the rules there is not going to be any mesurable benefit for the consumer. It is also possible that a fixed charge per account will make the banks even more money.

lokken 24 Feb 2007 23:47

Use a building society

Building societies are shiny :))))

vampire_lestat 25 Feb 2007 12:55

don't have a credit card. Not being in debt is shiny.

Ste 25 Feb 2007 14:18

i've never had any problems with LTSB but I wouldn't take out a credit card with them.

I got myself an Egg one which gives me discounts and 1% back. Oh and 0% interest...

I think every bank is a bit shit to be honest. We have it really lucky in the UK - abroad the banks are much worse.

Structural Integrity 25 Feb 2007 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
don't have a credit card. Not being in debt is shiny.

Having a credit card does not mean you're in debt.

BesigedB 25 Feb 2007 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Having a credit card does not mean you're in debt.

And being in debt does not mean that you are in unmanageable or unplanned debt.

Knight Theamion 26 Feb 2007 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
I think every bank is a bit shit to be honest. We have it really lucky in the UK - abroad the banks are much worse.

I am kinda fond of the dutch banking system to be honest :)

-Blue Moon- 26 Feb 2007 13:36

my friend work(ed) for llyods bank and has recently left in protest because they have started training their customer service reps (he was one of the guys you call up when you have a problem) to sell their credit cards which cost money, move their accounts around to incur charges and basically squeeze every penny they can out of their customers.

i.e. they are now making their SUPPORT team do SALES

LLyods TSB indeed suck.

Rc mayhem 26 Feb 2007 22:54

damn bastards. Only last week I got a credit card with them, one I dont really need but they didn't really ask me if i did want it. They said then I didn't have to use it. I feel lied to.