Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   oh scotland (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193475)

Deffeh 5 Jan 2007 15:14

oh scotland

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...nd/6233885.stm

People dont believe me when i say gangs of 13 year olds can be ****ing dangerous. Some of them carry knives and shit, man

roadrunner_0 8 Jan 2007 01:15

Re: oh scotland

hahahaha, thats actually ****ing hilarious.

12? ****ing hell, would they even have had the strength to pull the trigger?

'they made their escape on silver coloured mountain bikes'

the only thing that could have made that any funnier is if someone had nicked the bikes while they were in the shop

dda 8 Jan 2007 01:27

A friend was accosted in Rio de Janiero by youth gangs who carry razors in order to cut your pants pockets to steal your valuables. A slight slip and you could lose your "real" valuables. He had to beat a 6-year old senseless to get away from one group.

He's the same guy who was lucky enough to be in Phuket for the tsunami a few years ago. He leads a very colorful life.

Tomkat 8 Jan 2007 02:34

If they tried that shit on me I'd be all "hey you, I'll see you after school for a one hour detention where you'll be writing lines."

That'd show 'em.

JonnyBGood 8 Jan 2007 02:35

I think I'd probably die laughing if tk beat cancer only to be gunned down by one of his students.

Tomkat 8 Jan 2007 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I think I'd probably die laughing if tk beat cancer only to be gunned down by one of his students.

Every cloud has a silver lining, I suppose!

Tietäjä 8 Jan 2007 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
12? ****ing hell, would they even have had the strength to pull the trigger?

Pulling the trigger doesn't take that much strength, and missing on very short ranges takes highly uncanny incompetence.

rnd|One 8 Jan 2007 09:53

Even if they do get caught, committing a crime at such young age, would they get more than a lecture on how wrong their actions are?

Tomkat 8 Jan 2007 12:02

They'd probably get grounded for a month or so too!

JonnyBGood 8 Jan 2007 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnd|One
Even if they do get caught, committing a crime at such young age, would they get more than a lecture on how wrong their actions are?

One would assume that if found guilty they could be sent to a juvenile re-education centre or whatever they're calling it at the minute.

Yahwe 8 Jan 2007 12:51

The age of criminal responsibility is 10.

:(

_Kila_ 8 Jan 2007 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
One would assume that if found guilty they could be sent to a juvenile re-education centre or whatever they're calling it at the minute.

I think it's called reality TV nowadays

rnd|One 8 Jan 2007 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
The age of criminal responsibility is 10.

:(

Ah. In Sweden[1] the problem with teen gangs has been making news for some years now.

[1] "The age of criminal responsibility is 15. However, special
rules in regards to sanctioning apply until the
age of 21. Only if there are special grounds may
an offender below the age of 18 be sentenced to
imprisonment. Imprisonment for offenders below
the age of 18 is uncommon. For offenders aged 18
but not yet 21 the courts may sentence the
offender to imprisonment only if there are special
grounds regarding the culpability of the crime or
other special reasons." [http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/ascii/wfbcjswe.txt]

Dead_Meat 8 Jan 2007 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnd|One

At the very least, I'd be sure to wag my finger near their faces and say 'No' in a firm and clear manner.

roadrunner_0 9 Jan 2007 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Pulling the trigger doesn't take that much strength, and missing on very short ranges takes highly uncanny incompetence.

depends on the gun, the 'pull' (read: pressure needed to pull the trigger) varies, thus the phrase 'hairtrigger'

and for a 12 year old to be able to pull the trigger and not miss would surprise me tbh, as not only would he almost certainly NEVER have fired a gun before, and therefore have no idea about recoil, he would almost certainly (what with being a hard gangsta mutherfukker and all) being doing something stupid like holding it sideways, or aiming for the guys head, if the guy was really blessed that day in face, the kid could even have broken his wrist :) which would have made me laugh even harder :D

Deffeh 9 Jan 2007 00:55

whether they could or couldnt pull the trigger and aim the gun is pretty much irrelevant, unless you are expecting someone being held at gunpoint to 'play the percentage game' and bank on not being shot

roadrunner_0 9 Jan 2007 01:07

admittedly if someone pulled a gun on me at work (admittedly they would have to be ****ing desperate, i work in a library fs) i would just let them get on with it, and good luck to them.

objectively however, a kid with a gun just needs to be recognised by the shop keeper and given a kicking in an alley sometime