Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   April Fools (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194206)

Deffeh 1 Apr 2007 14:38

April Fools

As usual i slept through it and missed all the april fools jokes in the papers and websites.

Fill me in

All Systems Go 1 Apr 2007 15:07

Re: April Fools

The BBC said Iran relased the prisoners and apologised gfor the mistake. The BBC reportersd then went and interviewed the families of the female captor to see how they felt about the incident. Midway through an outburst of tears and emotions the reporter started pointing and laughing whilst chanting 'April Fools! Your daughter is still in Iran and she might be put to death! You should see ther look on your face.'*

Actually I've no idea what happened as I don't read the paper or take any particular interest in this weird event which brings neither a bank holiday nor gifts of any sort.

All Systems Go 1 Apr 2007 15:43

That's for hippies and lesbians. Whatever happened to good old fashioned Capitalist commumerism run amok?

Gimmick 1 Apr 2007 16:03

I got this text message from a friend/girl I fancy

"My arm has been broken for 3 days and not once have you phoned me to see if I am ok"

I then realised it was 1st april, but I didn't want to spoil the party so went along with the joke...

She then said "haha 2nd year in a row, you are so gullible."

Yes, yes ofc I am.

pablissimo 1 Apr 2007 17:42

Facebook has 'funny' things in your news feed. If you replace the word 'funny' by '****ing moronic' and the word 'things' by 'nuggets of shit'.

JonnyBGood 1 Apr 2007 18:34

Next year I'm going to kill some people on the night of the 31st and see if people think it's an april fool's joke when it's reported the next day.

All Systems Go 1 Apr 2007 18:44

Go through the phonebook and make sure they have names like 'Claudia Deadman' to make it seem like an obvious joke. Use a baguette as a murder weapon.

SYMM 2 Apr 2007 07:56

Reddit decided to censor out random words in headlines, BMW introduced a windscreen-message system for communicating with other drivers (the codename RUSE made it a bit too obvious...), PirateBay announced they were relocating to the North Korean embassy in Stockholm.

Mistwraith 2 Apr 2007 09:54

google announced free broadband...........

http://www.google.com/tisp/

another nice effort from google .

Mistwraith 2 Apr 2007 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Systems Go

Actually I've no idea what happened as I don't read the paper or take any particular interest in this weird event which brings neither a bank holiday nor gifts of any sort.

this days gift to the world is a smile, which is priceless beyond measure.

Mistwraith 2 Apr 2007 10:24

if anyones interested :

April Fool's Day History

The history of April Fool's Day or All Fool's Day is uncertain, but the current thinking is that it began around 1582 in France with the reform of the calendar under Charles IX. The Gregorian Calendar was introduced, and New Year's Day was moved from March 25 - April 1 (new year's week) to January 1.
Communication traveled slowly in those days and some people were only informed of the change several years later. Still others, who were more rebellious refused to acknowledge the change and continued to celebrate on the last day of the former celebration, April 1. These people were labeled "fools" by the general populace, were subject to ridicule and sent on "fool errands," sent invitations to nonexistent parties and had other practical jokes played upon them. The butts of these pranks became known as a "poisson d'avril" or "April fish" because a young naive fish is easily caught. In addition, one common practice was to hook a paper fish on the back of someone as a joke.

This harassment evolved over time and a custom of prank-playing continue on the first day of April. This tradition eventually spread elsewhere like to Britain and Scotland in the 18th century and was introduced to the American colonies by the English and the French. Because of this spread to other countries, April Fool's Day has taken on an international flavor with each country celebrating the holiday in its own way.

In Scotland, for instance, April Fool's Day is devoted to spoofs involving the buttocks and as such is called Taily Day. The butts of these jokes are known as April 'Gowk', another name for cuckoo bird. The origins of the "Kick Me" sign can be traced back to the Scottish observance.

In England, jokes are played only in the morning. Fools are called 'gobs' or 'gobby' and the victim of a joke is called a 'noodle.' It was considered back luck to play a practical joke on someone after noon.

In Rome, the holiday is known as Festival of Hilaria, celebrating the resurrection of the god Attis, is on March 25 and is also referred to as "Roman Laughing Day."

In Portugal, April Fool's Day falls on the Sunday and Monday before lent. In this celebration, many people throw flour at their friends.

The Huli Festival is celebrated on March 31 in India. People play jokes on one another and smear colors on one another celebrating the arrival of Spring.

So, no matter where you happen to be in the world on April 1, don't be surprised if April fools fall playfully upon you.

Ste 2 Apr 2007 10:28

Apparently the BBC launched the first "scratch and sniff" website.

It caught my workmate's housemate out :rolleyes:

Bane 2 Apr 2007 11:20

I told my mum I was pregnant.

She didn't believe me. I need to plan better :/.

Tomkat 2 Apr 2007 15:03

Michael Eavis tried to trick me and tell me all Glastonbury tickets were sold out.

He's such a goddamn joker!

midge5 2 Apr 2007 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane
I told my mum I was pregnant.

She didn't believe me. I need to plan better :/.

One of my brother's ex girlfriends did this a couple of years ago. I think she had a huge bollocking and her father almost hit her before she managed to get out the fact it was a joke.

Bane 2 Apr 2007 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by midge5
One of my brother's ex girlfriends did this a couple of years ago. I think she had a huge bollocking and her father almost hit her before she managed to get out the fact it was a joke.

Then she got hit anyway for scaring the parents? :rolleyes:

jezebelus 11 Apr 2007 11:02

Google Tisp is the best one. One stupid friend called me to ask is it real lol