Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Exiles (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196207)

ReligFree 10 Mar 2008 19:58

Exiles

With the change of just four people in a buddypack, i think it would be infinitely better to have exiles moved to just 2 ministers having to vote.

It's going to be hard enough to cover timezones in buddypacks as it is, without having to arrange times to be online to exile aswell.

Opinions?

Travler 10 Mar 2008 20:04

Re: Exiles

This is a great idea. It's much easier to have 3 online at the same time than 4. Then again can you have 2 buddy packs in the same galaxy? With the current system it can take about a day to get an exile done while your waiting for a minister to log in. Only the really active galaxies benefit from the current system with a chance for a good exile. Maybe this should be put to a vote.

[DDK]gm 10 Mar 2008 20:10

dont expect pa-team to do anything thats in the interest of improving the game, they will probibly make it 4 votes to stop inactives getting exiled

ArcChas 10 Mar 2008 21:24

The exile system is broken anyway. In fact I don't think it can ever work.

Every round we see top galaxies being "lucky" with their randoms and exiles. And every round we see inactive planets sitting in average galaxies taking up valuable space for days at a time.

Let's try to come up with a "fair" and speedy method of autoexiling of inactives and abolish the option for galaxies to exile "ordinary" players to make room for their mates (or even just random "top" players).

Mzyxptlk 11 Mar 2008 10:18

This seems like a good idea.

Sun_Tzu 11 Mar 2008 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
This seems like a good idea.

I agree. Until you start reading. At which point you should notice there's no implementation given. In part because this is just a good-will-bullshit post.

Mzyxptlk 11 Mar 2008 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
I agree. Until you start reading. At which point you should notice there's no implementation given. In part because this is just a good-will-bullshit post.

I don't understand, what do you mean?

Lockhead 11 Mar 2008 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DDK]gm
dont expect pa-team to do anything thats in the interest of improving the game, they will probibly make it 4 votes to stop inactives getting exiled

Stop beeing so mean - I havent seen you playing beta (and thus helping to improove the game) yet.

Will we meet eachother there?

[DW]Entropy 11 Mar 2008 15:35

i got a great idea that wont take long to implement...dont appoint inactive ministers...goes without saying really.
Plus in all fairness you shouldn't be exiling more than once a day anyway. Doesn't really let a planet prove they're active if you kick them wihin 24 hours. I mean, if your ministers can't even manage it then why should you expect them to?

Mzyxptlk 11 Mar 2008 16:16

You can't kick a planet within 24 hours of it joining anyway, so yeah.