Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Sad change in planetarion history (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198632)

LordNieminen 28 Apr 2010 06:03

Re: Sad change in planetarion history

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNzI (Post 3191231)
Apprime wanted to fight Ascendancy, but you chickened out and chose to dwell on it until you had the chance to bring multiple alliances along.

Fact is that Apprime is the only alliance that has never participated in a block whos only purpose is to destroy another alliance. Apprime dont break NAPs or lie, if we say we are gonna do something we do it. Honestly i dont respect the Ascendancy it used to be, it is run by pussies now.
Remember in round 30 and 31, where everyone were so holy about being alone, yelling bad things about the block and how unfair things were. A few of us still live by that word, and will never participate in such a sad crusade.

Ascendancy as it is now are hypocrites. You sir jonny are the worst, and should keep your mouth shut, as you in several occasions have bitched on about the big block hammering on your door.

I can understand to some extent why trolling and flame bating + lying due to politics is allowed on AD, but honestly isn't the above text "bit" over the limit.

booji 28 Apr 2010 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almeida (Post 3191230)
Why is ND still happy to settle for #2 instead of growing some balls and fight?

I have never understood why people consider this is a bad thing. It seems to be entirely rational to avoid fighting vsn when you have already lost one war in which you started with higher value why would you start another when you are starting at a disadvantage? unless you can get allies (which ND would have had difficulties with everyone else worried about app and happy enough to see a vsn win) then it is entirely sensible for ND to avoid war.

Also as an alliance that has won several times before they are probably happy with 2nd (just like asc seems to be happy not to bother bucking up and fighting for the win these days).

JonnyBGood 28 Apr 2010 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNzI (Post 3191233)
You got it wrong dude, we have sucked this up a long time ago and we made plans on how to make the best of it.

Vacation mode?

Quote:

I dont expect you and your squad here to like what i'm saying, but its ****ing accurate thats for sure!
No, it isn't. R33 apprime set up a much bigger block just to hit asc gals at the end of the round. The same people who led asc back then lead it now (they're the same guys who kicked your ass r33 fyi). I have no idea what happened after the first time we hit cardi's gal. I do know that apprime responded for one night and then nothing happened. I do know that the next time one of us his the other it was you guys bringing along DLR. I never said being in a block was unfair or talked about honour. We worked with loads of people at various points in r30. I don't think apprime/cardi have outright broken NAPs (although cardi telling santa he was roiding light regardless last round was pretty close). Nobody really does that sort of shit though. Everyone tells small lies or bends the truth about who they're hitting or what's going to happen etc though.

Just to respond to some of your """points"""" in random order.

HRH_H_Crab 28 Apr 2010 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cronix (Post 3191225)
as u seem to be serious, Ill explain it to u... they lost with HONOUR, and SO WILL WE! ;)

lol vacation mode!

gzambo 28 Apr 2010 08:57

Having worked closely with apprime in rd 34 i have a lot of respect for some of their members but trying to justify vac mode is loltastic , going vac mode to avoid incs just means your a chicken or a rank whore ( hi reeskero )

Firebird 28 Apr 2010 10:19

Come on though are u all missing the fact that 353 minimum thats from the 5 allys prob scanners etc can be taken out and u can prob add vgn and ct on top of that list vs 48 is so retarded it is untrue anyone who trys to sit there and waffle back to be me that oh app desevered it etc etc is talking out of there ass quite frankly 2 wrongs dont make a wright so when it comes to ure eorc dont sit there like u think u played the rnd well just remember u got there by numbers not by skill

Mzyxptlk 28 Apr 2010 10:20

Try adding some ****ing commas.

Cronix 28 Apr 2010 10:47

would, it, really, help, you, understand, tho?

Knight Theamion 28 Apr 2010 11:05

I always thought Apprime was a Planetarion alliance, not a travel agency.
I bet your whole alliance still thinks cruisers are to take a cruise on, not to cap roids with.

HRH_H_Crab 28 Apr 2010 11:07

Firebird: it is a well known fact that members of alliances whose HC use vacation mode tactically deserve to be not only roided but also sk'd into oblivion. Covert ops should also probably be deployed when they can cause distress to targets.

It has always been so since vacation mode was first implemented.

Most rounds people don't have the strong sense of morality that is required to enact this glorious justice.

Despite whatever shortcomings this round has had, this is one area where I think the community can pat themselves on the back and hold their heads high - they are doing the right thing.

Firebird 28 Apr 2010 11:18

Lmfao are u smoking crack hold there heads high hahahhaa i really have heard it all now go stick ure head in the sand with the rest please and if ure gonna come back with crap like that dont bother

Cronix 28 Apr 2010 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab (Post 3191254)
Firebird: it is a well known fact that members of alliances whose HC use vacation mode tactically deserve to be not only roided but also sk'd into oblivion. Covert ops should also probably be deployed when they can cause distress to targets.

It has always been so since vacation mode was first implemented.

Most rounds people don't have the strong sense of morality that is required to enact this glorious justice.

Despite whatever shortcomings this round has had, this is one area where I think the community can pat themselves on the back and hold their heads high - they are doing the right thing.

gay times need gay measures i guess ;)

Mzyxptlk 28 Apr 2010 12:00

On a sidenote, what exactly is the "sad change" in the topic?

Crowly 28 Apr 2010 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrh_h_crab (Post 3191254)
most rounds people don't have the strong sense of morality that is required to enact this glorious justice.

Despite whatever shortcomings this round has had, this is one area where i think the community can pat themselves on the back and hold their heads high - they are doing the right thing.

qft

JonnyBGood 28 Apr 2010 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 3191247)
Come on though are u all missing the fact that 353 minimum thats from the 5 allys prob scanners etc can be taken out and u can prob add vgn and ct on top of that list vs 48 is so retarded it is untrue anyone who trys to sit there and waffle back to be me that oh app desevered it etc etc is talking out of there ass quite frankly 2 wrongs dont make a wright so when it comes to ure eorc dont sit there like u think u played the rnd well just remember u got there by numbers not by skill

Getting more numbers on your side is a skill. To phrase it better in the context of this round not getting half the universe against you is a skill. Most appropriately getting half the universe against you is a sign of a lack of that particular skill. If you have HCs who play politics in the sense of "shut up or we'll kill you" then eventually you'll get blocked against because people are either afraid of you or pissed off at you or whatever way you'd prefer to phrase it. At that point you need to be able to defeat or divide the opposition. If you can't then you played your game poorly.

E-Choke 28 Apr 2010 13:50

It's the smartest decision to make.

Vision is bigger than ND, so if they triage attacks and cover vision, they make the difference between vision and apprime smaller.

If they instead cover ND, they make the difference bigger.

It's the only logic decision to make.

Patrikc 28 Apr 2010 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 3191247)

If 350 vs 48 is so retarded, then don't piss off 350 people.

t3k 28 Apr 2010 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3191257)
On a sidenote, what exactly is the "sad change" in the topic?

:)

Indeed, mz. How, exactly, have the events of this round done anything to alter the documented history of previous rounds?

Would it be going too far to wonder if something had actioned to alter our spacetime continuum, would we even realise?!

:o

AndroX 28 Apr 2010 14:02

I'm wondering, why do you lot post this crap on PA forums?

Or do you all just like to mock others on forums that are denying you the words that you actually want to use?
Because if that is the case, then I guess you are playing the wrong type of game. And you should go back to school where it's common to bully others with words. Untill some one slams his fist in your puny face and then you have learned that what you just did is not the way to talk to people or get their attention the way you want it. (except if you have a fetish of getting a fist stuffed up your nose ofc.)

Also, the ones you are trying to 'burn' at this moment, might be your alliance mates next round due to the ever shrinking player-base in the universe. And then you are mates, just like that? Seriously.. what is the point of most of these posts here?
Are you _that_ insecure of the size of your weener, that you have to pretend its bigger then some other blokes weener? In my opinion it would make more sense to show that in another way in the game itself where it matters, attack each other - battle for it. Its what planetarion was made for, a war game where you have to fight each other. Forums are not. Forums are a bunch of propaganda normally, but in PA's case its more a board where little frustrated kids battle over the size of their weener and in some cases they even 'stick it up' for their friends little weener. :D

right, Im done - have fun :D

t3k 28 Apr 2010 14:10

Androx you fail at the forums.

Firebird 28 Apr 2010 14:12

Jbg u know the man in question better than i and no doubt will have heard other allies gripes etc i see what your saying its a 'skill' not pissing people off but i personally would see that more as pussy footing around, for more than 350 planets to take on 48 and feel that there the overall winners would just be insane its like tying someone down and repeatedly punching him and then claiming you're the hardest man in the world is just stupid this whole situation is retarded and for any alliance to claim there better than the one on the receiving end of this is plain simple and i am talking about this round only b4 someone goes and quotes round 33 or summit retarded like that

HRH_H_Crab 28 Apr 2010 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3191260)
Getting more numbers on your side is a skill.

Not only is it a skill but I would strongly argue that it is a much more impressive skill than those other very important planetarion skills, staying up late and remembering the list of ip addresses / vnc passwords...

Crowly 28 Apr 2010 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 3191268)
Jbg u know the man in question better than i and no doubt will have heard other allies gripes etc i see what your saying its a 'skill' not pissing people off but i personally would see that more as pussy footing around, for more than 350 planets to take on 48 and feel that there the overall winners would just be insane its like tying someone down and repeatedly punching him and then claiming you're the hardest man in the world is just stupid this whole situation is retarded and for any alliance to claim there better than the one on the receiving end of this is plain simple and i am talking about this round only b4 someone goes and quotes round 33 or summit retarded like that

The point that you are missing is that nobody is claiming that they have defeated Apprime, nor are they claiming that defeating Apprime is the culmination of a whole round's strategic planning.

This is a group of people who Apprime have spent many rounds going around bullying spontaneously deciding to put the boot in together. It is, to quote someone's earlier post, 'glorious justice.'

ellonweb 28 Apr 2010 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroX (Post 3191266)
And you should go back to school where it's common to bully others with words. Untill some one slams his fist in your puny face and then you have learned that what you just did is not the way to talk to people or get their attention the way you want it. (except if you have a fetish of getting a fist stuffed up your nose ofc.)

When I first read this I thought you were making some kind of analogy to the current situation Apprime find themselves in!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroX (Post 3191266)
In my opinion it would make more sense to show that in another way in the game itself where it matters, attack each other - battle for it. Its what planetarion was made for, a war game where you have to fight each other. Forums are not. Forums are a bunch of propaganda normally, but in PA's case its more a board where little frustrated kids battle over the size of their weener and in some cases they even 'stick it up' for their friends little weener. :D

Planetarion is shit, the whole fun in this game is in the metagame, of which the forums make up a part.

With regard to the OP, your subject is lollable, there's no sad change here. With that said, given the situation Apprime are in, it's a fairly good move to make. Obviously though, when you're far outnumbered it isn't the best of tactics if you start reducing your own numbers further through vacation mode!

As JBG said, Apprime need to either defeat or divide their opponents. Given that defeating them is unlikely, dividing them is the best option. If Apprime do as they're announcing, they stand a chance of removing Vision from the block who may decide to look elsewhere for roids if they find themselves unable to cap off Apprime. Once that happens, the block will probably fall apart.

Of course, in order to dissuade Vision from continuing with the block, Apprime will need all their planets in action, both defending against and attacking Vision. They'll have to accept roid loss on their bigger planets, but as long as they maintain their value they will be fine; once hostilities are over Apprime are more than capable of regaining their roids. However, by deciding to not accept roid loss and instead use vacation mode, Apprime are greatly reducing their ability to hold on to their other roids, they're also losing potential value, and reducing their ability to retaliate.

Sun_Tzu 28 Apr 2010 15:43

Is it just me, or does it sound kind of strange to have Apprime complain about someone gathering multiple alliances to take on 8:3 (which was where this started), where as they themselves have done so 2-3 times this round to LordN and my gal? Pot calling kettle black?

And whereas they are now making a big deal of how cowardly this type of action is, and how any gains made through these kinds of tactics are no real wins, I do seem to remember more or less the same people claiming great victory when they eventually got LordN down. So, make up your minds, it's a great victory to take out well-known recruitment alliance ND's top planet by using in the region of 300 planets(?), where as using the same amount to take on one of the most hardcore alliances most fenced gal is a shameful act where those who run into vacation mode are non the less the moral winners?

How full of your own propaganda do you have to be not to notice this rather obvious discrepancy?

Mzyxptlk 28 Apr 2010 16:29

ND is a recruitment alliance?

Cronix 28 Apr 2010 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu (Post 3191279)
Is it just me, or does it sound kind of strange to have Apprime complain about someone gathering multiple alliances to take on 8:3 (which was where this started), where as they themselves have done so 2-3 times this round to LordN and my gal? Pot calling kettle black?

And whereas they are now making a big deal of how cowardly this type of action is, and how any gains made through these kinds of tactics are no real wins, I do seem to remember more or less the same people claiming great victory when they eventually got LordN down. So, make up your minds, it's a great victory to take out well-known recruitment alliance ND's top planet by using in the region of 300 planets(?), where as using the same amount to take on one of the most hardcore alliances most fenced gal is a shameful act where those who run into vacation mode are non the less the moral winners?

How full of your own propaganda do you have to be not to notice this rather obvious discrepancy?

I think u got ur numbers SLIGHTLY wrong ;)
but yea in comparison I can understand why alot of ppl want to take Cardi down for threatening them, just like we took down LordN for playing a little too much with the muscles he doesnt have :D

but fact is someone decided to take it out on all of apprime, and therefore starting a regular war 6v1, which is no comparison to raping LordN for being a smartass on his own (And no Sun_Tzu we didnt use in the region of 300 ppl , unless that region starts from around 50) ;)
I remember we also discussed this with ND HC and had their full understanding.

Light 28 Apr 2010 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 3191268)

Before this happend, Vision was 30million ahead of Apprime with less than 2 weeks to go, Vision also were napped to the #2 alliance. Most people had already declared Vision the winners of this round, so to most people this is just end of round fun, bashing an alliance which has constantly threatend and pissed them off throughout the round.

It actually seems that ive gave too much credit to carDi in the past, such as when last round (i think it was last round) that carDi made apprime avoid all vision planets (even though we had no nap or avoidance) as he knew he may need Visions help later on in the round if a block forms. That was a very smart move and something alot of alliance HC's wouldnt of done. I presumed that behind the racist, immature and insulting demeanor that he was actually ok/good at politics but judging by this round, he's been lucky with his constant threats before and he just likes to threaten everyone only this time its backfired.

It is a shame, as if carDi had not pissed everyone off, this might of been a good last 2 weeks.. With apprime+afew others vs Vision and afew others, where apprime would of more than likely had the advantage but it would of been nice to see if that advantage could close the 30mil lead. Unfortunatly, by the time the last 2 weeks came, Apprime had no allys left that they could ask for help.

HaNzI 28 Apr 2010 17:08

I feel confident that a coalition this size can take down vision. They broke a NAP, and if anything deserves punishment its lying. Newdawn gained millions in one day now, and they can probably win if their allies help them attack vision instead. After all why should ND help vision win when they can win themselves?

ReligFree 28 Apr 2010 17:14

All I think this round proves is that the ally limit is too high

Cronix 28 Apr 2010 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 3191284)
It is a shame, as if carDi had not pissed everyone off, this might of been a good last 2 weeks.. With apprime+afew others vs Vision and afew others, where apprime would of more than likely had the advantage but it would of been nice to see if that advantage could close the 30mil lead. Unfortunatly, by the time the last 2 weeks came, Apprime had no allys left that they could ask for help.

okey a FEW things..

Apprime wudnt turn on Vision since we've been trying to make them win through the entire round?! O_o

... which goes hand in hand with Apprime not having any ambitions of winning this round, at any point ;)

nice imagination tho ;)

Light 28 Apr 2010 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReligFree (Post 3191288)
All I think this round proves is that the ally limit is too high

I dont see how it has? We had 3 evenly matched alliances fighting for #1 at the start with 2 of the best rated alliances behind on numbers but always have the potential to grow.

I do agree, a tag limit this high certainly has the potential to make a crappy round.. if Apprime or Asc were at full tag and full strength this round, it would of been a poor round. However, this round.. the big increase in tags was a good change.

Cronix 28 Apr 2010 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNzI (Post 3191287)
I feel confident that a coalition this size can take down vision. They broke a NAP, and if anything deserves punishment its lying. Newdawn gained millions in one day now, and they can probably win if their allies help them attack vision instead. After all why should ND help vision win when they can win themselves?

First of all this wud never work since ND throw all their chances away through persistant crashing almost every day of the round :p

also ND completely lack winner instinct in my eyes, and belongs to those ppl who "play to have fun, not to win". crazy ppl if u ask me :o

Zotnam 28 Apr 2010 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cronix (Post 3191290)
okey a FEW things..

Apprime wudnt turn on Vision since we've been trying to make them win through the entire round?! O_o

... which goes hand in hand with Apprime not having any ambitions of winning this round, at any point ;)

nice imagination tho ;)

It seems you really don't understand this, so I will explain it. Apprime roided the #2 ranked Vision planet. They sent excessive fleets at him and sk'ed him 3 or 4 waves. Afterwards, several Apprime members indicated that this was normal, and would happen to all high ranked planets, because they wanted the high ranks themselves. This pushed Vision away, and led to them agreeing to join a hit on 8:3 (FINALLY). There was no agreement to hit ANYTHING ELSE THAN 8:3. They went vac mode. People got even more upset. We agreed to keep hitting apprime untill 8:3 came back from vacation and we could finish the job. Cardi then tries his best to seperate these alliances, forcing us to fortify them (asc and vision nap). Now he is trying to seperate ND by promising them an alliance win they don't even want or have aimed for the last 500 ticks.

So in effect, cardi and his gal has screwed apprime even more than the alliances hitting them currently, purely out of selfish reasons (scorequeens).
Only reason he is dc'ing the alliance now is to keep everyone from quitting so there is still defense left for his own galaxy. I'm not surprised apprime members can't see this though.. And I am sure they will go all out to defend the same people that screwed them tonight when they come out of vac. Your own actions have bought you to this point, take you beating like men instead of crying about it.

Firebird 28 Apr 2010 17:52

Zotnam seriously shutup App members quitting ure very funny as for vsn hitting App that was through there own choice and claiming that they were only gonna targ 8:3 is utter crap vsn had all they wanted App backing them so what if App hit one of there planets there was no overall agreement to say that this could not happen as for cardi doing all the dcing i think u need to pop by app chan if u think that the case

Sun_Tzu 28 Apr 2010 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3191282)
ND is a recruitment alliance?

Atleast it used to be considered as such, along with ROCK and the likes. Afaik there's still a few fairly new players in ND this round.

Call it community-alliance if that suites you better I suppose.

Cronix 28 Apr 2010 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zotnam (Post 3191293)
It seems you really don't understand this, so I will explain it. Apprime roided the #2 ranked Vision planet. They sent excessive fleets at him and sk'ed him 3 or 4 waves.Afterwards, several Apprime members indicated that this was normal, and would happen to all high ranked planets, because they wanted the high ranks themselves. This pushed Vision away, and led to them agreeing to join a hit on 8:3 (FINALLY). There was no agreement to hit ANYTHING ELSE THAN 8:3. They went vac mode. People got even more upset. We agreed to keep hitting apprime untill 8:3 came back from vacation and we could finish the job. Cardi then tries his best to seperate these alliances, forcing us to fortify them (asc and vision nap). Now he is trying to seperate ND by promising them an alliance win they don't even want or have aimed for the last 500 ticks.

So in effect, cardi and his gal has screwed apprime even more than the alliances hitting them currently, purely out of selfish reasons (scorequeens).
Only reason he is dc'ing the alliance now is to keep everyone from quitting so there is still defense left for his own galaxy. I'm not surprised apprime members can't see this though.. And I am sure they will go all out to defend the same people that screwed them tonight when they come out of vac. Your own actions have bought you to this point, take you beating like men instead of crying about it.

I do understand that we roided the #2 vsn planet as I was the one sending ppl there ;)

I also understand how ya'll tried to break Apprime by making it look like its Cardi's fault that u gang on us, but sadly Apprimes spirit aint that easy to break! (nice try tho) ;)

tbh u really have no idea whats going on in Apprime atm, so I guess I can only say wait and see :o

Cronix 28 Apr 2010 17:59

oh and hes not trying to seperate ND as that wud only cause VSN to win by an even bigger margin, JESUS where do u get ur intel? :D

Sun_Tzu 28 Apr 2010 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNzI (Post 3191287)

Yeah, breaking NAP's, oh my, that's a new one. Especially when provoked, oh yes, terrible. Lying, because, um, no wait, I don't think they have to the best of my knowledge.

You know, on my list, fencing, abusing alliances to further your personal ranks and running into vac mode when people get annoyed at your constant underhanded tactics is rather worse than terminating a NAP.

Sun_Tzu 28 Apr 2010 18:02

Christ, seriously, watching Apprime trying to do politics is probably the most pitiful thing ever. Where did you learn this crap? Crash course in the kj/foxman/ministry school of how-to-run-your-alliance-through-AD?

No offence Foxman :P (Whinestry blaa blaa ;))