Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Warcraft 3 the frozen throne (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=183273)

DrNick 5 Feb 2005 21:16

Warcraft 3 the frozen throne

This is probably against the forum rules but I havn't read them so I plead ignorance. Anyways I'm trying to play my old copy of warcraft 3 the frozen throne but I lost my manual and I havn't got a cd key for battle.net. If anyone has an old one going unused I'd appreciate the use of it.

I'm not holding out much hope for this request but as 'they' say nothing ventured nothing gained.

JonnyBGood 5 Feb 2005 21:21

Re: Warcraft 3 the frozen throne

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrNick
This is probably against the forum rules but I havn't read them so I plead ignorance.

THEY'RE AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM AS AN ANNOUNCEMENT YOU IDIOT. WHAT DO YOU WANT? FLASHING COLOURS AND A PERSONALISED MEMO?

PS I don't really see the problem with this. If it actually is illegal can someone please pm him the key instead of posting it here.

Yahwe 5 Feb 2005 21:24

its not illegal

Kurashima 5 Feb 2005 22:12

You should have asked a few months back when i had a copy of WC3 FT to sell.

Zh|l 5 Feb 2005 23:20

I'm suffering the same thing. I cant find my manual for Warcraft 3 or Frozen Throne so don't have the cd-keys for either anymore. I find this upsetting.

MrL_JaKiri 6 Feb 2005 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
its not illegal

It depends what you mean by that. If you mean 'It may not strictly speaking by outlawed', then perhaps. If you mean 'Vivendi will not sue any websites where this kind of thing go on', then no.

I suspect Jolt wouldn't want this on here, for example.

[edit]

And this is why I keep all my CD keys in a little notebook, and on my computer.

Yahwe 6 Feb 2005 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It depends what you mean by that. If you mean 'It may not strictly speaking by outlawed', then perhaps. If you mean 'Vivendi will not sue any websites where this kind of thing go on', then no.

I suspect Jolt wouldn't want this on here, for example.

[edit]

And this is why I keep all my CD keys in a little notebook, and on my computer.

the question was if it was illegal for someone who owned a game to ask for a cd key having lost the original

answer, no. its legal.

i expanded that question to include is it illegal to give such a person a cd key.

answer, no.

to be frank i do not care who threatens to sue whom. i do not care who brings other people to court. all i care about is what a court would say.

roadrunner_0 6 Feb 2005 10:57

why dont you just e mail the owners of the game, say that you are willing to provide proof of purchase, and see if they will give you a new one...

Tomkat 7 Feb 2005 10:39

You can have mine. I have a key for the original WC3 and TFT

Neither work very well on my old crud machine (so I never play them), so I'll PM you when I get home with them, ok?