Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What alliance wins best rep award? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197292)

Exode 23 Dec 2008 09:53

What alliance wins best rep award?

Hey!

Someone probably made a similar thread somewhere at some point, but I'm too lazy to look for it...

Anyways, my questions is as follows:

In all the rounds of pa, which alliance (playing for more than 5 rounds) has in your opinion deserved a potential "Best Reputation Award", and why? Please list one or more reasons why you think that particular alliance deserves it :).

I'll go first then shall I? Since I have been HR for most of my pa history I will refrain from mentioning them, but in my humble opinion F-crew gets my vote. They have always been focused on playing the game for fun, not always about score, and at times used their skills in the recruitment of new players to the game. In addition their command team has always appeared to be friendly people (I have never been in F-Crew btw).

Mistwraith 23 Dec 2008 10:22

Re: What alliance wins best rep award?

I think that might have been what makes a good alliance HC thread your thinking about Exode, and its probably as hard to nail down as the question you have asked!

Off the top of my head i think its probably F-crew like you for their fortitude and ethos on training.

OlaTa 23 Dec 2008 12:50

hirr! no one can beat their rep! :D

Appocomaster 23 Dec 2008 13:07

I thought you were asking the PA Team who had the best alliance representative :(
I think there's no competition

Exode 23 Dec 2008 16:01

To misty:

First of all i said command team because those are the people i've had the most contact with over the years. Secondly, the question is straightforward enough for people to answer on top of their heads and does not imply what HC you like best... I leave that to other people to bring up.

To Appoco:

Why would anyone ask that question :P? We all know its you mate!

Mzyxptlk 23 Dec 2008 16:17

It's Ascendancy. End thread.

Appocomaster 23 Dec 2008 16:18

I'm not an alliance rep? :/

Linkie 23 Dec 2008 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appocomaster (Post 3161643)
I think there's no competition

Ascendancy. I agree.

Gate 23 Dec 2008 17:02

hirr.

I liked them. :(

H1TMANish 23 Dec 2008 17:40

Agreed - hirr.

Nadar 23 Dec 2008 23:01

hirr owned and they still do.

Greendog 24 Dec 2008 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exode (Post 3161635)

I'll go first then shall I? Since I have been HR for most of my pa history I will refrain from mentioning them, but in my humble opinion F-crew gets my vote. They have always been focused on playing the game for fun, not always about score, and at times used their skills in the recruitment of new players to the game. In addition their command team has always appeared to be friendly people (I have never been in F-Crew btw).

Thanks Exode,

We have aimed to be a friendly and welcoming alliance, and we will be continuing next round. I know that Round 29 was an extremely poor round for F-Crew, especially in regards to helping the newer members of this game. In Round 30, our new HC team hope and aim to revitalise the Crew and to bring the fun back to IRC :)

Personally for the craic, I would have to say that Orbit's public channel is full of funny and entertaining people.

Merry Christmas!

Banned 25 Dec 2008 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exode (Post 3161635)

Wakey's a twat.

Barrow and damo8 were always superb representatives for ND when I dealt with them.

Sonnenbomber 25 Dec 2008 19:26

ToT

stay_posi 25 Dec 2008 19:59

HR for publicly declaring war and winning

gj mistwraith!

_Kila_ 25 Dec 2008 20:10

I started playing a good 5 rounds after Fury disbanded but they have the best reputation; simply because everyone still talks about them and how awesome/dominant they were. Same with Legion; although Fury seems to have a better reputation.

Worst reputation would be Fang/Phraktos :(

Knight Theamion 25 Dec 2008 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_ (Post 3161781)
I started playing a good 5 rounds after Fury disbanded but they have the best reputation; simply because everyone still talks about them and how awesome/dominant they were. Same with Legion; although Fury seems to have a better reputation.

the legion less then fury thing is only because legion ****ed off as a whole to SWG, while Fury made a comeback as 1up and later on other incarnations.

pig 25 Dec 2008 22:16

I reckon ND deserve a mention.

Membrivio 27 Dec 2008 11:17

I wanted to name Orbit... but that would be a bit like putting a feather up my own arse or preaching for my own parish :p

Hence, I vote Rock. Good players, good fun! (<3 HK)
Or ASS... they are a bunch of fun people as well... (HI CSILLAG)
But I also need to mention ND... honourable people. They keep promises etc.

Hmm, well, I can't choose!

Assassin 27 Dec 2008 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3161784)
the legion less then fury thing is only because legion ****ed off as a whole to SWG, while Fury made a comeback as 1up and later on other incarnations.

Well to be honest Legion only left the game due to they thought PA was dead (when spinner was giving it up) And said they would leave PA to give all other alliances a chance to have 1 last fun round. Which of course we know didnt happen as Jolt bought PA.

Anyway i still think Legion was the most remmembered alliance for quality, fear and Respect. But id also like to give the origonal Rock a mention (meaning the rock with TGO as leader) As they once had the best defence PA had ever witnessed (Even Sid once admitted that)

JonnyBGood 27 Dec 2008 15:58

Legion had some great players but people feared fury a lot more than they feared legion, who were a bit of a joke by the end if we're being honest here.

Zotnam 28 Dec 2008 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_ (Post 3161781)

Phraktos is sort of what you could call an early version of eXi, that ally did pretty well later no?
(I've been in both the mentioned alliances, I'm a terrible player.)

Heartless 28 Dec 2008 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zotnam (Post 3161857)
Phraktos is sort of what you could call an early version of eXi

But eXi never committed collective suicide as an alliance when they got incoming. Phraktos did.

Ave 30 Dec 2008 16:11

I would say 1up, since they were lot spoken outside the game aswell.

_Kila_ 30 Dec 2008 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zotnam (Post 3161857)
Phraktos is sort of what you could call an early version of eXi, that ally did pretty well later no?
(I've been in both the mentioned alliances, I'm a terrible player.)

I didn't play when Phraktos did, but their reputation as a joke preceeds them. And Fang... well :crymeariver:

Nadar 30 Dec 2008 17:07

Phraktos became the biggest joke ever created the day they took in BBW.

Buddah 1 Jan 2009 08:33

im quite sure you mix up phraktos with the other ally i cant even remember the name of, i hced both and i was in on founding exi.

i think it was the round after phraktos that we did a horrible try on making a good ally. cant even remember the name, we lasted 300 ticks or so.
the major difference however between phratktos and exi arent that big, our dc team was better and we got rid of some slackers

LukeyLove 1 Jan 2009 11:46

Bleh.. totally depends on the criteria for 'best reputation'

Fighting force: 1up
Community: HR
Consistency: ND
Innovation: Asc (always trying to bring new elements to the game)

Not really sure if ive stayed on thread topic here, nevermind!

Zotnam 1 Jan 2009 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddah (Post 3162049)
im quite sure you mix up phraktos with the other ally i cant even remember the name of, i hced both and i was in on founding exi.

i think it was the round after phraktos that we did a horrible try on making a good ally. cant even remember the name, we lasted 300 ticks or so.
the major difference however between phratktos and exi arent that big, our dc team was better and we got rid of some slackers

People are most likely thinking about the mass vacation/quitting that happend after Krush decided to attack eclipse or fang or whatever we were allied with that meant everyone would get roided since the ally was basicly a bunch of selfish pricks that hardly defended eachother. Spacehamsters (I don't know if they played more than 1 round as ally) were also a major candidate + every alliance lord_niko hc'ed :D

TaucRedFox 4 Jan 2009 02:22

I vote (since I cannot name the alliance I belong to) for The Frying Dutchmen. I had many good experiences with them in the past and some members lost almost all fleets in big defences when they helped ROCK in past battles that were lost during those nasty big blocks in old PA history. Without complaint. They were a great bunch of guys.

Also worth a mention are Hirr, who were excellent guys. And Elysium HCs I had nothing but respect for, when I knew them.

Nadar 5 Jan 2009 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaucRedFox (Post 3162226)
Also worth a mention are Hirr, who were excellent guys

I doubt they'd say the same about you, writing their name with capital h :p

Veedeejem! 7 Jan 2009 11:55

Quote:

The only ally I remember from that time period that fits your description would be Absolute (or somethin like that).

Rinoa 7 Jan 2009 14:47

Could have sworn last time there was a thread like this it was decided Titans won and Angels/FAng were among the worst. but i guess this does ask for allies who played more than 5 rounds

newt 7 Jan 2009 18:13

The Phoenix Empire!

From what I hear, they were the prototype for the modern day ascendancy way/spirit of playing. Except TPE were old, and thus better.

qebab 7 Jan 2009 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banned (Post 3161774)
Barrow and damo8 were always superb representatives for ND when I dealt with them.

I never dealt with damo8, but I definitely share your opinion of Barrow. ND has been around for a long time, and gives the impression of a solid community.

emp 7 Jan 2009 23:33

F-Crew, even tho juice has a fetish for north eastern men, the rest are cool ;)

Mistwraith 8 Jan 2009 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedeejem! (Post 3162532)
The only ally I remember from that time period that fits your description would be Absolute (or somethin like that).

Your forgetting Silver !

Digiscent 8 Jan 2009 05:22

Your mom has the best rep

Exode 8 Jan 2009 10:26

By that i bet you mean the alliance "your mom" either sucked and/or fked everyone ....

Veedeejem! 8 Jan 2009 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistwraith (Post 3162592)
Your forgetting Silver !

Wasn't that before pax?

Lartius 12 Jan 2009 18:42

Yup Silver was part of the XETA-block in r6. The stupid "A" for Argentum, cause TFD refused to have an Y instead of a T to make it SEXY ;)

Mistwraith 13 Jan 2009 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedeejem! (Post 3162606)
Wasn't that before pax?

yeah i am going back a bit, but for alliances that never really made it off the starting blocks, it really has to be included.

Nadar 13 Jan 2009 02:11

Quote:

im quite sure you mix up phraktos with the other ally i cant even remember the name of

If that was an answer to me; I'm not mixing up ;)

Devlin 13 Jan 2009 19:17

Newdawn.

Illuvatar 13 Jan 2009 21:00

Wolfpack:up:

MrLobster 14 Jan 2009 15:54

When I joined up in round 2, the only buzz word I heard was Concordium (aka WaC, We are Concordium). Pretty much ruling the round.

Round 3 saw more from fury and legion battling each other. But once they both tagged up together (Furgion), things started to go bad for the game as a whole, massive blocks started to form, and pretty much killed off the game at that point.

From that the only 2 names I still see are Rock and, F-Crew (even if the top brass has changed).

Many of todays alliances have pretty much spawned from furgion in some form or another.

Spritfire 14 Jan 2009 23:04

NewDawn have been there since long time back also MrLobster

[JungleMuffin] 15 Jan 2009 08:42

For me its a tie between SL and "The Borg".

Lol.