Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   FAnG situation (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=172375)

LEFF|pm 20 Nov 2003 17:05

FAnG situation

... After causing that stir last night I would like to issue a short statement on what happend and will happen the next days.
I would have done this earlier, but was way to angry to level my head and arrange my ideas, prolly
pīssed of quite a few people even.

To cut a long story short: I“m officially resigning as HC of FAnG in Planetarion after finding three of our top hundred planets closed.
So far I dont know what happend exactly, but since at least two of these guys havnt been on irc since over 2 weeks now I presume they handed over their accounts to someone else. As soon we got told why PA crew closed these members, they will get kicked.

I always attacked importance to fairplay and now I forcefully have to take the consequences for failing to take care of my own members.

Apologizing once more to all the players who played this round brave and fairly I hope to restore at least a bit of our tatterd reputation.

Aryn 20 Nov 2003 17:10

Re: FAnG situation

it's a shame that cheaters don't realize the effect they have on everyone else :\

SYMM 20 Nov 2003 17:13

Sad way to go, hope this doesn't stop the fun in the game too much :(

sinnamon xie 20 Nov 2003 17:14

Stop it LEFF you are forcing people to actually respect you. :D

AzureWrath 20 Nov 2003 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aryn
it's a shame that cheaters don't realize the effect they have on everyone else :\

-=Zyth=- 20 Nov 2003 17:37

Quote:

And the damage they do their alliances.

Kal 20 Nov 2003 17:47

leff: i'm glad you are annoyed that your members cheated etc - but u really don;t ahve to resign over it...

Sonnenbomber 20 Nov 2003 17:49

I feel a bit like posting only "ROFLMAO LOL - why didnt you believe me?"

on the other side I really feel sorry that next great guy leaves the game. We had a lot conficts this round, I know that I nearly never behaved me since months in #FAnG and that our personal relation surely was hurted by this things.
But I still hope that we drink some beers anytime together on a RL meet. :banana: :banana:

Cya m8

Nitros 20 Nov 2003 17:59

Quote:

Stifler 20 Nov 2003 18:02

Quote:

Nadar 20 Nov 2003 18:08

I agree with you LEFF, but not when u say u'r resigning.. it's not your fault some people thought of cheating. We all know all alliances got some cheaters.. so.. should all alliance HC's resign becuz of that? ;) I don't think so ;)

Xeno 20 Nov 2003 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalVirtus
leff: i'm glad you are annoyed that your members cheated etc - but u really don't ahve to resign over it...

I disagree with you, Kal. In terms of PR, this is a great move on Leff's behalf.

Well done, Leff! You're starting to look like a gentleman.

Xeno

RealJames 20 Nov 2003 18:36

I go up three ranks!

Xeno 20 Nov 2003 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealJames
I go up three ranks!

You're going up more than that, I think (depending on where you're currently at in the rankings). When I write this, 5 top 20 planets are closed.

Xeno

ronnie 20 Nov 2003 19:08

bah

:(

Kjeldoran 20 Nov 2003 19:14

tbh, I don't think it's anyone's business what decision LEFF took. Whether it was a right or wrong decision also cannot be said by any outsider ...

And yes, proven cheaters will get kicked, we do not support such behavior.

And leff, I wish you would have kept this in pm.

rgds Kj

WebAngel 20 Nov 2003 19:31

Well I would like to add something. A few of those people are not on the fang server for a few days (they have decided to slow down with PA since fang was #1 again) but still they are online on irc. All of them have been VERY active in PA (they cant be anymore since tehy are locked) AND on IRC.
I dont know much about the reason why they have been closed but I have been told its for account sharing. If it's true then its laughable, one doesn't need to account share when online all the time arranging some attacks everyday with the other alliances and so on.

Norseman 20 Nov 2003 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebAngel
I dont know much about the reason why they have been closed but I have been told its for account sharing. If it's true then its laughable, one doesn't need to account share when online all the time arranging some attacks everyday with the other alliances and so on.

"Stupid is, stupid does"

Quote:

RealJames 20 Nov 2003 19:49

After reading LEFF's post I was under the impression he was making a stance against cheating and was leaving FAnG for pastures new (and I was dealing with his recruitment form before reading this ;)). However, following a discussion with a friend of mine I've been informed that chances are LEFF will now actually leave the game.

I remember when I went through my phase of dispair he was one of those who actually talked me out of it (along with a couple of others). I must add whilst I back his stance on cheating I don't feel that it's a reason to leave the game. There are always those that cheat to gain an advantage over the vast majority of fair players. In an ideal world there wouldn't be, but I'm get to find an ideal world. As opposed to letting them ruin this game I for one play on defiantly to show these people that you don't need to cheat to be successful. Ultimately if to them success is more important than fairness then I find their values a bit pathetic. In R8 NoS killed my entire fleet one night when they knew I was away. Retrospectively I could have given my details to someone to have them run my fleet, but that is against the rules, so I just had to spend my salvage and build my planet again.

So LEFF, if you will only play PA for FAnG then I hope you will rejoin FAnG and keep playing. This game needs all the decent players it can get right now. If we leave because of the rotten eggs then there will eventually be no game left.

Scoot951 20 Nov 2003 19:49

Quote:

I go up three ranks!

I was going to say that. :-/

As for Leff, while it's good to see an HC actually own up that some of their members might be cheaters, unless you told them to do it I don't see why the resigning...

Zh|l 20 Nov 2003 19:57

This makes FAnG look divided and weak.

Whilst it certainly might improve the image of Leff, it only serves to tarnish and damage the image of his alliance (or should I say ex-alliance?)

For once I agree with Kj, you should have talked about this in PM first and presented a united front on it rather than going off and resigning.

On the other hand, I am terribly amused. You young 'uns...

LEFF|pm 20 Nov 2003 20:28

[edit - sorry.. no logs.. and that's too much for me to let go :\ - Aryn]

just to make one thing clear: I will not leave fang, nor quit PA ... I stepped down as HC

Jykke 20 Nov 2003 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
I hope to restore at least a bit of our tatterd reputation.

.. what reputation? :rolleyes:

Maddix 20 Nov 2003 21:44

A top alliance has a few cheating members? I must say I surely am stunned... :rolleyes:

Surely resigning as HC over it is a bit silly tho, a HC cannot be expected to control his or her members entirely, but should only be expected to react accordingly when they were discovered to be cheating. Oh and not cheat themselves, don't you agree Focht?

Kicking the cheating fkers out and publically naming them so they find it hard to get into any respectable alliances in the future would be my actions of choice - would also be interesting to see which/if any allainces did take them in as well. Of course on the other hand, if a HC knew they were cheating before they were caught then things maybe a little different...

WebAngel 20 Nov 2003 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zh|l
This makes FAnG look divided and weak.

Whilst it certainly might improve the image of Leff, it only serves to tarnish and damage the image of his alliance (or should I say ex-alliance?)

For once I agree with Kj, you should have talked about this in PM first and presented a united front on it rather than going off and resigning.

On the other hand, I am terribly amused. You young 'uns...

So far nobody is deleted and nothing is proven yet. They are SUSPECTED it doesnt mean that they are GUILTY..
FAnG can be weak and divided, it makes of FAnG an alliance of human beings none the less and that is actually good since bots are not allowed in PA ;)
There is no real stake here, a good attack will always give you more roids than a post on AD, whatever it is a good post or not.

Kjeldoran 20 Nov 2003 22:30

Quote:

After reading LEFF's post I was under the impression he was making a stance against cheating and was leaving FAnG for pastures new (and I was dealing with his recruitment form before reading this ;)). However, following a discussion with a friend of mine I've been informed that chances are LEFF will now actually leave the game.

I remember when I went through my phase of dispair he was one of those who actually talked me out of it (along with a couple of others). I must add whilst I back his stance on cheating I don't feel that it's a reason to leave the game. There are always those that cheat to gain an advantage over the vast majority of fair players. In an ideal world there wouldn't be, but I'm get to find an ideal world. As opposed to letting them ruin this game I for one play on defiantly to show these people that you don't need to cheat to be successful. Ultimately if to them success is more important than fairness then I find their values a bit pathetic. In R8 NoS killed my entire fleet one night when they knew I was away. Retrospectively I could have given my details to someone to have them run my fleet, but that is against the rules, so I just had to spend my salvage and build my planet again.

So LEFF, if you will only play PA for FAnG then I hope you will rejoin FAnG and keep playing. This game needs all the decent players it can get right now. If we leave because of the rotten eggs then there will eventually be no game left.

thx James. Nothing is worth quitting this game over. Hence why I'm I told you to stay and did the same with LEFF. To me LEFF is the most integer person PA has ever had, it's just sad he resigned.

rgds Kj

Lockhead 20 Nov 2003 22:52

LEFF, my dearest.

FAnG is dead. FAnG as we (you, me, Kj, hinch, TU, etc.) founded it in R6 is dead.
You tried to revive it this round and you did a good job - but FAnG died in the moment hinch took it over.
I've said that too many times already and its the truth. Many, too many actions in this round (e.g. killing my planet) have proven that. FAnG for PA has been dead for a long time and now as you're leaving it (good decision!) FAnG will maybe finally die.

Good luck with FAnG in other games, and good luck Kj, with anything new you are planning.

Farewell FAnG, see you LEFF, one of my best friends in "The-Online-World"

Johannes "Lockhead" Koch

G.K Zhukov 20 Nov 2003 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddix
Kicking the cheating fkers out and publically naming them so they find it hard to get into any respectable alliances in the future would be my actions of choice - would also be interesting to see which/if any allainces did take them in as well. Of course on the other hand, if a HC knew they were cheating before they were caught then things maybe a little different...

A bit late when they have Sjor and Meddy in their ranks...

masterjw 20 Nov 2003 23:12

LEFF soz to see this happen....
you will be missed

[DDK]gm 21 Nov 2003 00:54

Respect!!!

I know you will be sorely missed as FAnG HC, cheeting is wrong and ditching morals to win at all costs isnt what fang or its core members are about. Officers should lead by example. :(

You will be respected for doing what you beleave is right.

ps.

Being a peon is nice and quiet, enjoy :P

mikay 21 Nov 2003 03:03

Alliance HC can't stop people cheating - it's how they react when ppl are found to cheat that counts. If you quit as HC who will enforce those ideals in future.

Wait for the proof/explanations and if the are still closed (lets be honest, 90% of ppl stay closed) then kick, name and shame.

Storebo 21 Nov 2003 03:36

Why havn't Dragons HC made a thread like this yet? :P

Sonnenbomber 21 Nov 2003 04:30

13 FAnG planets closed last days. LEFF aint HC anymore. hard days for FAnG...
and yeah, 2 ToT planets got closed too today. but no, I wont retire my HC job. :devil: :devil: :devil:
seems multis and acc sharers have no chances this round... :confused: :confused: :confused:
and no, it wasnt me who got closed. :D

Mistwraith 21 Nov 2003 04:51

Thats the problem with being a HC... when push comes to shove you feel responsible for what the members do.. wether you are or not.

Personally LEFF i dont hold u responsible for what they do, they made their own beds, they now have to lie in them, your stance on this admirable but a bit sad tbh, you cannot hope to keep that sort of eye on all your members.

I hope someone talks to you and persuades you to take the reign again.

Anyone out there Cheating... I hope this comes as a reminder as to what a selfish and cowardly act cheating is.. and that its repercussions are not only to you but to every member in your alliance and to your alliances rep.

Tomkat 21 Nov 2003 04:52

So let me get this straight (sorry if I am a little confused)...

You found out some of your inactive members were cheating, but had absolutely no knowledge of this beforehand. Because of this, even though you knew noting about it, and none of it is your responsibility, you are stepping down.

This all just seems a little strange to me. Sure there aren't some other ulterior motives, and this is just a little PR stunt to try to say FAnG cheating is a very unusual thing?

Alastor 21 Nov 2003 04:58

TomKat: Similar situation in RL would be the manager that quits his job when he finds out several of his players have been using drugs/stereoids.

What LEFF does is the right thing to do imo, it shows that you care.

sinnamon xie 21 Nov 2003 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebAngel
So far nobody is deleted and nothing is proven yet. They are SUSPECTED it doesnt mean that they are GUILTY..

Nile, river, Egypt, etc.

I am Idler 21 Nov 2003 09:08

stepping down as HC is plain stupid. It will serve no purpose other than..nothing.

just kick them and let everyone know who they are

Remy 21 Nov 2003 09:24

15 fang closed now (not including some reopened)

This is getting silly...

Maddix 21 Nov 2003 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
A bit late when they have Sjor and Meddy in their ranks...

Makes all this slightly less surprising then doesn't it? :)

Zeus 21 Nov 2003 11:29

Leff U True Gamer;)

xtothez 21 Nov 2003 11:34

Will you be publishing a list of nicks so other HCs can tell them nicely to '**** off'?

I am Idler 21 Nov 2003 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus
Leff U True Gamer;)

true gaming has nothing to do with resigning from a HC position when his players have shown an utter incompetance in obeying the rules of the alliance, the game and the community.

LEFF should stay in his seat, conduct a throughout investigation of his alliance, kick anyone remotely connected to any form of cheating and re-start with a clean squad.

this is how he will gain the title true gamer, the respect from his minions and other alliances who should consider doing the exact same thing.

(I am not mocking your descision to support him Zeus, dont get me wrong. I just disagree with the way ' a True Gamer' is presented.)

Although it is an honourable thing to do, I suggest you keep your head high and take action LEFF

[DDK]gm 21 Nov 2003 12:07

It is the honourable thing, when as HC you find your officers are closed I am sure you would feel that you should step down, an alliance's command should lead by example and not be even suspected of cheeting.

Leff must feel that he cant continue as HC when the people he has entrusted to help run his alliance are closed.

This few people may have destroyed fangs chances of winning if they are deleted and have wasted all the hard work the honest gamers have put so much into the alliance.

gzambo 21 Nov 2003 12:17

name and shame the cheaters

Master 21 Nov 2003 12:22

idd i agree to that

Remy 21 Nov 2003 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DDK]gm
This few people may have destroyed fangs chances of winning if they are deleted and have wasted all the hard work the honest gamers have put so much into the alliance.

I hope btw, that they delete all closed players before final ranks are made up. (no matter what allince)

That will give a realistic ranking

RealJames 21 Nov 2003 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtothez
Will you be publishing a list of nicks so other HCs can tell them nicely to '**** off'?

I support this. :)

G.K Zhukov 21 Nov 2003 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddix
Makes all this slightly less surprising then doesn't it? :)

Ive been waiting for it since r8 :)

oh, and its seems its the ex-ldk players who have been closed.. (some of those who fang took in)
*shocker*

[DDK]gm 21 Nov 2003 15:42

yes, but untill pa-crew say for sure that they were cheating ior delete them t would be wrong to publish thier names. I think most of us know who it is anyway.