Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PA meeting! (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191674)

tombcfc 19 Jul 2006 23:34

PA meeting!

hello all, i know theres been a few some successful others not but im hoping this one can be awsome \o/

The Pa meeting for those who are interested will be held after the round on the 16th/17th september and will be located in birmingham as i live there :D also its located in the middle for easier access for those who live up north and far south etc.

We are looking for about 30 - 40 people already have 10 peeps, if anyone would be interested please pm thomus or banky (banky hes the guy will all the datails and the brains behined it)

There are many places in birmingham to stop, trains are easy enough ending up at new street station, at the moment we have 14 rooms 3 peeps to each room, each room costing £24 so works out £8 a head with travelodge. The £24 rooms need to be booked quick as we migt lose them and once paid are non-refundable.

those who would like to come give me or banky a pm, #subh will be the best place to look and we can sort out details to pick you up from the train station and help find a place or the travel lodge.

Then we all go get drunk and talk about our favouite online game ;)

tombcfc 19 Jul 2006 23:34

Re: PA meeting!

anything more info needed just give one of us a pm

banky 19 Jul 2006 23:37

It will be a good nite and will be nice to see as many as we can get

higginz 19 Jul 2006 23:41

im still debatin coming, need to sort out the cashflow crisis first tho, otherwise im too skint..

pig 19 Jul 2006 23:53

Ill be there, I live in brum!

Mek 20 Jul 2006 00:06

i think i will be coming...should be good fun :D

Linoge 20 Jul 2006 01:05

if i come im wearing my i hate brummie top!!! Coventry > Brumingham

Assassin 20 Jul 2006 08:17

pfff. Ill come. As ofc im also a brummie ;)

/me slaps Linoge

NRG-izer 20 Jul 2006 09:24

to bad this in england else id come :D

wish u all much fun :)

Smudge 20 Jul 2006 09:42

I should be there, depending when I have to get back to University [cant remember when it is]

Tomkat 20 Jul 2006 13:36

I think that (amazingly) I'll actually be in or around Birmingham that weekend as I'm visiting a friend for his birthday.

I might slip off and come and see you guys. But only if I can be assured that it's not going to be all nerds! (basically i'll ring pig and ensure he's going before I do :( )

JonnyBGood 20 Jul 2006 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think that (amazingly) I'll actually be in or around Birmingham that weekend as I'm visiting a friend for his birthday.

I might slip off and come and see you guys. But only if I can be assured that it's not going to be all nerds! (basically i'll ring pig and ensure he's going before I do :( )

Nerds are actually a step above fat people and three above cancer victims.

jupp 20 Jul 2006 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Nerds are actually a step above fat people and three above cancer victims.

what if someone combines all 3 atrributes in 1 person :confused:

JonnyBGood 20 Jul 2006 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupp
what if someone combines all 3 atrributes in 1 person :confused:

I advise suicide.

tombcfc 20 Jul 2006 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat

ofc were not all geeks, im king geek \o/ nah only joking will be a good piss up, those of u need picking up from the train station or where ever let me know i will sort details :)

DEATH2 21 Jul 2006 07:53

up for it. just need to start savin.

ReligFree 21 Jul 2006 09:30

Hmm anyone any clue of London to Birmingham ticket prices and ease of getting there?

Smudge 21 Jul 2006 09:41

Religfree - you can get the train out from London Euston to Birmingham New Street, they leave every 30 mins. The price varies from whenver you book it [ie book sooner rather than later!].

You can also go on National Express there, not sure about prices.

You can also try going to the megabus website, they do UBER cheap transport

pig 21 Jul 2006 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReligFree
Hmm anyone any clue of London to Birmingham ticket prices and ease of getting there?

If you have a yp railcard it will cost you £20, if not £30. Thats if you buy on the day. If you book in advance it can be as cheap as a fiver each way (Virgin trains advance tickets.)

TheBerk 21 Jul 2006 10:07

A meet I can get to :o I may turn up as I live a short train hop away in the charmingly quaint town of Kidderminster.
Are there any additional details? Where do you plan on going and will there be dress codes for the damned places?

banky 21 Jul 2006 14:55

well like it states we need numbers and ppl to confirm if they are comng so speak to me or thomus asap

Chef! 21 Jul 2006 16:39

hmm interesting... will consider cash issues and rope mini_d into it

tombcfc 21 Jul 2006 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBerk
A meet I can get to :o I may turn up as I live a short train hop away in the charmingly quaint town of Kidderminster.
Are there any additional details? Where do you plan on going and will there be dress codes for the damned places?

most likly broard street, many good pubs, bars, clubs, but like most nights out u sorta chose on the night or drift from one place to another, who knows what will happen with many pa players roaming the streets of birmingham all drunk :rolleyes:

dress codes for birmingham, smart casual - either shirt/t-shirt, jeans, and shoes (wont get in with trainers on) no rockport or timberlands either i.e. CHAVS!!!

I would like mobile numbers of those going just to sort any fine details, problems or questions, banky and I can be found in the #subh channel, im not here from 8am gmt to 5pm gmt but leave the comp on so anyone needing any infomation just drop me a pm and il get back to u asap :)

DaffyDuck 22 Jul 2006 09:56

depends on work, might come along,

themast 22 Jul 2006 14:12

shame i'm allready meeting up with spritfire on that week, maybe he wants to come to

SoulStripper 24 Jul 2006 23:34

tbh, where is the USA PA meet??!?!?!?!?!

*grumbles*

Zh|l 25 Jul 2006 02:40

This is interesting. Hmm...

aestuos 25 Jul 2006 14:59

Im gonna go its sad i have to go to subh to pm one of the ppl :p whos organising it

banky 26 Jul 2006 00:14

hmmm :P

tombcfc 26 Jul 2006 20:27

ahh well aestuos at least u can say 'congratulations for being better that ND this round' ;)

Spritfire 30 Jul 2006 16:19

I will be the only one speaking bad english then! :>

Assassin 31 Jul 2006 07:51

Oh god ur going? ;)

Tomkat 31 Jul 2006 10:36

There was a smallish meeting of PA players and ex-PA players on Saturday in London. It was ace :cool:

Squidly 31 Jul 2006 20:25

Someone hold a canadian one damn it :(

themast 31 Jul 2006 21:20

come back over the pond squid

KaiserWillhelm4 31 Jul 2006 21:32

Squidly, how easy is it for you to get to Toronto....

tombcfc 19 Aug 2006 12:57

guys its still on have 20 peeps coming so far meeting in broard street in birmingham town center anyone still interested give me a pm on irc

Wishmaster 19 Aug 2006 14:35

smal meets > big meets where all random geeks are invited.

quality > quantity.

so, I ll rather go visit the excessum lot in november ;)

hf though

jupp 19 Aug 2006 18:04

Excessum ftw!

Spritfire 4 Sep 2006 09:47

So how are the numbers comming?
We need an update :D

tombcfc 6 Sep 2006 21:10

updaters ftw =)
the meet is on broard street on saturday the 16th at 12pm by the birmingham wheel, il be standing there with a big banner saying PA FTW (errrm lies)

its still on if u want my number just incase u get a lil lost pm me on irc type /q thomus il be around :)

Squidly 6 Sep 2006 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaiserWillhelm4
Squidly, how easy is it for you to get to Toronto....

Time off from school/work is more the issue for me.

I live in alberta :p

themast 13 Sep 2006 23:02

thats only a short plane hop away

Tomkat 13 Sep 2006 23:47

Er yeah I'll be in hospital suffering horribly from chemo but I'll think of you guys while I chunder my guts up! (mainly because my vomit looks like pig's face :( )

Alki 14 Sep 2006 01:17

haha im working sadly:(

tombcfc 18 Sep 2006 20:56

Hey all

thanks to all that showed up at the Birmingham meet it was a great pissup

http://www.kloopy.com/fun/brumpic.jpg

from left to right : kloopy me death2 A2 stacey Rext spitfire themast kitty banky laura

themast 18 Sep 2006 21:06

great night glad to meet the others

banky 18 Sep 2006 21:08

was a good nite thx to all who came me and tom will arrange another one soon

Paisley 18 Sep 2006 21:12

raging alchys

Kitty 18 Sep 2006 21:14

it was cool seeing you lot had a great laugh need to do it again soon wif lots more alcohol this time \o/ Muchos Lovos