Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deal or No Deal (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=188409)

pig 16 Nov 2005 20:13

Deal or No Deal

Well ive been meaning of writing a thread on this for a number of days now. This surely has to be the best daytime tv on at the moment. If anyone hasnt watched it do so now.

When? Monday-Friday 4:15pm - 5pm
Where? Channel 4, UK
Who? Noel Edmonds and random british people
Worth Watching? Yes

Anyway to understand what its about check out the link with info on it as found here

All Systems Go 16 Nov 2005 20:17

Re: Deal or No Deal

I fully agree.

:up:

Deepflow 16 Nov 2005 20:24

It is fairly compulsive viewing. Or at least it was in the first week, at this point all the games seem far too similar and the way they keep pretending it takes skill is very very annoying.

oh, and the fact that they clap when anything but the top 3 is removed

oh, and the fact that noel edmonds continually hugs all the contestants, the slimy little shit

oh, and the fact that however stupidly they play Noel always says they made the right deal (well, almost always).

oh, and the fact that the whole system is utterly stupid and no one ever takes the deal (nor would the program want them to) until the last 3 offers, and normally the last 2. It makes the first few utterly utterly pointless.

yeah, it annoys me.

Vaio 16 Nov 2005 20:43

Noel hugs them so he can steal their wallets and purses. It's expensive maintaining such a sooper beard like his and he needs all the money he can get, plus he is probably still paying that dead bloke's family off.

pablissimo 16 Nov 2005 20:43

I've been watching it the past week or so, it's certainly entertaining stuff.

I wonder what the banker sounds like =(

Deepflow 16 Nov 2005 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaio
Noel hugs them so he can steal their wallets and purses. It's expensive maintaining such a sooper beard like his and he needs all the money he can get, plus he is probably still paying that dead bloke's family off.

Clive Anderson?

Androme 16 Nov 2005 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepflow
It is fairly compulsive viewing. Or at least it was in the first week, at this point all the games seem far too similar and the way they keep pretending it takes skill is very very annoying.

oh, and the fact that they clap when anything but the top 3 is removed

oh, and the fact that noel edmonds continually hugs all the contestants, the slimy little shit

oh, and the fact that however stupidly they play Noel always says they made the right deal (well, almost always).

oh, and the fact that the whole system is utterly stupid and no one ever takes the deal (nor would the program want them to) until the last 3 offers, and normally the last 2. It makes the first few utterly utterly pointless.

yeah, it annoys me.

so true - on top of that "Make it low for me" is what he commonly tells the people with the boxes and today "you didn't make it low" - how can the people at the boxes PHYSICALLY make it low when they have no control over it other than to pull a sticker off it?!

I also find the amount of OTT drama (when it's relatively dull) just gay and should be removed

Vaio 16 Nov 2005 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepflow
Clive Anderson?

Clive Anderson is dead ?

I didn't even know he had been ill.

Who will bring us unfunny comments in a smug and self important way on TV now ?

Appocomaster 16 Nov 2005 23:54

Surely you've learnt what Noel Edmonds is like from his house party years ago?

Ste 17 Nov 2005 00:36

i'm at work til 5 :(
damn you students!

Blastoderm 17 Nov 2005 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
i'm at work til 5 :(
damn you students!

Being a student who works at the same time, I can't watch TV at all. :(

dda 18 Nov 2005 01:52

Is it possible that Noel Edmonds is Kylie Edmonds relative? If so, is he going to have MM on his show?