Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Such an effing cheek! (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=195398)

Hebdomad 18 Sep 2007 00:46

Such an effing cheek!

Seeing as I'd stayed awake an hour longer than I'd planned I moved a good foot or so and got into bed, looking forward to seven hours of unconsciousness until work beckons again. But the furry little sod wasn't happy with that conclusion, probably miffed that I had moved my bin high above his reach.

Lying there, trying to mentally organise my programming ideas and possible solutions, I see him scurrying around in my bed. Bastard mouse. He's really quite active today, compared to yesterday when he just found some food and sodded off again. So now I'm here listening to Death In Vegas so I cannot hear him searching for food. Although that's of no great help because without aural indications my imagination has him all over the place. I'm far, far too pissed off to go back to sleep. He better eat that poison and kindly go somewhere else to pop it.

I'm not a happy internet denizen today.

All Systems Go 18 Sep 2007 07:54

Re: Such an effing cheek!

I hear they're pretty good at avoiding poison. You don't want him dying just any old place otherwise you'll have a hell of a time getting dead mouse smel out of the wall.

Tomkat 18 Sep 2007 11:08

You had a mouse scuttling around in your bed...? What kind of hovel do you live in? :(

Mistwraith 18 Sep 2007 11:36

Humane traps - much better, no little rodent lying under the floor or in a wall somewhere, decomposing and creating a smell !

i'm not being all fluffy and saying you shouldnt kill it, what you do to it after you have caught it is up to you.

But i do recommend you make sure you put the poison down where no other animal will get to it (next doors cat/dog)

few years ago the little girl upstairs hamster escaped .. we caught it in a humane trap and returned it to her, so they do work.

Marilyn Manson 18 Sep 2007 12:34

Nuke it.

furball 18 Sep 2007 16:38

Stop being a wuss and use a proper ****ing mousetrap.

furball 18 Sep 2007 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn
you ****ing disgust me. they feel pain the same way we all do. the only difference is that we as humans are more able to stand back from the situation and reflect on the situation. try thinking for a minute before disregarding the pain this mouse could go through if you decide to "stop being a wuss", try talking to it first.

In fact, a decent mousetrap will have a strong enough spring to instantly kill the mouse, either by crushing its skull or, usually, breaking its neck.

Much better than poison or glue traps.

furball 18 Sep 2007 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn
how many lives did it take for you get the avatar you wanted furball?

Several thousand. Now, when are you going to give that painting back?

RuBBeR 19 Sep 2007 15:29

We also have some rodent problems. Are house is pretty old and was affected by the flooding back in the day.
We have good periods and bad periods, but hell they can be annoying lol.
Spreading poison is indeed the most effective but they do tend to stink when they die.
And my mum "yes I'm living at home again sigh" loves all living creatures so she doesnt really like the poisen.
So we've got a mousetrap that traps the mise but doesnt kill em. It's kind of a cage they have to crall in to get the cheese and it closes as soon as the mouse starts his midnight snack. It might take a bit longer to catch all the mise that way but at least it's a bit more "humane" and they won't be stinking between the walls.

And you won't need any nukes \o/

Hebdomad 19 Sep 2007 18:11

It's gone or dead.

And horn...

dda-II 19 Sep 2007 19:44

God hates mice. That is why he made it so that most decent, god-fearing people also hate mice. Enough said.

G.K Zhukov 19 Sep 2007 23:59

Three summers ago, I was working at a summer camp for children.* The camp was on a small, but very idyllic island. We had some problems with mice who got into the luggage to the children and started to eat a bit on it. So we put out two mousetraps. When I checked the next morning, both traps had catched a mouse each. Problem was, one of em wasnt dead. It had been cought by its head, but it was definitivly still kicking it. I picked up a tube of steel and beat it till it stopped moving. I felt kinda bad, since it felt a bit like a overkill. There I was, with my 1.88mm, with a big steeltube beating a mouse to death. Even if I think of mouse and rats as animals that should be killed in populated areas.
Suddenly, when I was in the process of killing the half-living mouse, one of the children came and wondered what I was about. I nearly panicked for half a sec, as I didnt want the child to see me killing the mouse ofc.

*Im sure you GD people can make some witty remarks about this.

Tomkat 20 Sep 2007 16:04

pedo

pablissimo 20 Sep 2007 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
There I was, with my 1.88cm beating a mouse to death

Size doesn't matter. Pervert.

Hebdomad 20 Sep 2007 17:34

Damn you pab.
Quote:

Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
There I was, with my 1.88cm,

Cock?

G.K Zhukov 21 Sep 2007 00:53

Edited for truth

All Systems Go 22 Sep 2007 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by dda-II
God hates mice. That is why he made it so that most decent, god-fearing people also hate mice. Enough said.

Wouldn't it make more sense if mice were God and that's why they were feared?