Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   arsenal man utd (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=183208)

roadrunner_0 2 Feb 2005 17:40

arsenal man utd

have i just missed the thread on it or something?

i only managed to see the highlights on MOTD, but it looked a lot better match than the old trafford one, and although there were some incidents, i think that the ref handled them well

although i must admit that i am pleased by the outcome :):):):):)

MrL_JaKiri 2 Feb 2005 17:42

Re: arsenal man utd

Wenger's not been the calm collected individual he is famed for being of late.

Arsenal have no backup in CM/CD to speak of.

Ronaldo scores goals now?

Zar 2 Feb 2005 17:43

I'm not.

Stupid northerners with their silly accents and coal mining industry and their buy one house get the street free etc..

roadrunner_0 2 Feb 2005 17:45

it must have been gutting for wenger to see ronaldo score twice in 4 minutes

JC 2 Feb 2005 17:45

Fergie did what he does best and won the pre-match mind games, which probably helped UTD win on the pitch.

It's also no coincidence that Arsenal lose a lot more often when Cygan is playing. They could do with a goalkeeper, David James would probably be an improvement on what they currently have.

MrL_JaKiri 2 Feb 2005 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zar
I'm not.

Stupid northerners with their silly accents and coal mining industry and their buy one house get the street free etc..

Manchester isn't the north.

Apothos 2 Feb 2005 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri

Zar 2 Feb 2005 18:02

Quote:

oh yes it is. Its slam in the middle of all those freaky accent places with lots of poor coal miners

SYMM 2 Feb 2005 18:04

Manchester's hardly famous for it's mining...

Phalon 2 Feb 2005 18:26

The game was amazing entertainment and as i already said in another thread, reduced me to screaming with more joy than Gary Glitter at an orphanage.

I enjoyed every minute of it, though admittedly probably only because we won.

Dead_Meat 2 Feb 2005 18:31

Quote:

No man is an island. entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.

In the same way, Manchester is not 'the north', it is a piece of the north, a part of the mainland that's north of London and basically, not as good as the South.

JonnyBGood 2 Feb 2005 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phalon
I enjoyed every minute of it, though admittedly probably only because we won.

This makes little to no sense. You either enjoyed yourself at the time or you didn't. Surely you can tell the difference between a good match and a good result?

Lupin 2 Feb 2005 19:11

well if you loose in the end, everything changes, especially your feelings about the game.

JonnyBGood 2 Feb 2005 19:16

He said he enjoyed every minute of it though. You can't have a present state of mind based on a possible future.

I'm either having a good time at the moment or I'm not. Even if I die or get castrated in ten minutes time that still won't have changed whether or not I was enjoying myself before that.

PS It's spelt "lose" :(

Lupin 2 Feb 2005 19:22

you suck, because you are exorbitant pedantic here. ( i am sure you know what he actually wanted to say, just prolly expressed it the wrong way.)

but under the line, you are right.

JonnyBGood 2 Feb 2005 19:23

Your choice of words is immensely amusing :up:

Phalon 2 Feb 2005 19:39

I agree it made no sense.

Had i died at a specific moment during the game i would've enjoyed it up until that moment.

Had we lost, i would've hated the result but still enjoyed the match.

Thanks for pointing that out :p

MrL_JaKiri 2 Feb 2005 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zar
oh yes it is. Its slam in the middle of all those freaky accent places with lots of poor coal miners

The Yorkshire and County Durham of 50 years ago?

Yeah, modern day Manchester's right on their doorstep.

Boogster 2 Feb 2005 22:22

Let's focus on the result that everyone really cares about.

MrL_JaKiri 2 Feb 2005 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boogster
Let's focus on the result that everyone really cares about.

It's a big win, certainly, but Liverpool vs Charlton doesn't exactly stir the blood.

Blastoderm 2 Feb 2005 23:16

I'm still pissed off at the fact that Arsenal did nothing in the transfer market last month. They should have bought a very good keeper at least*. Even their shitty next door neighbours (Tottenham) have splashed out on some decent players. I can now see Arsenal win the F.A. Cup this season (that's if they avoid the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd)

*Either that or there are secret scouts watching all over Europe for the next best thing in goal/defence and then do what they did to get Reyes.

Phalon 2 Feb 2005 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastoderm
and then do what they did to get Reyes.

Pay through the teeth for a diving ****? [/bias]

roadrunner_0 3 Feb 2005 00:18

i would suspect man utd of winning more than arsenal this season now, in fact, i wouldnt be surprised if arsenal win nothing

Blastoderm 3 Feb 2005 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
in fact, i wouldnt be surprised if arsenal win nothing

Seeing as Arsenal has a goalie/defence crisis in my opinion, I agree with you.

Stew 3 Feb 2005 00:21

"**** all, you're gonna win **** all" was what I really, REALLY wanted to chant last night to Man Utd fans.

Blastoderm 3 Feb 2005 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stew
"**** all, you're gonna win **** all" was what I really, REALLY wanted to chant last night to Man Utd fans.

So what did you end up chanting last night?

Stew 3 Feb 2005 00:34

Quote:

So what did you end up chanting last night?

I was in a pub full of Man Utd fans, including my house mate who is ST holder, so I went for the quiet option sadly :(

roadrunner_0 3 Feb 2005 00:35

somethign along the lines of: shit, you beat arsenal again, well, i hate you as everyone else does, but actually, you're pretty good'

sounds about right :)

lokken 3 Feb 2005 01:12

"lol, even we beat Man Utd at home"

MrL_JaKiri 3 Feb 2005 11:20

Quote:

Either that or there are secret scouts watching all over Europe for the next best thing in goal/defence and then do what they did to get Reyes.

Pay nearly £20m for a young, well known Spanish international? (or near future international, at least)

SeanG 3 Feb 2005 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC
Fergie did what he does best and won the pre-match mind games, which probably helped UTD win on the pitch.

It's also no coincidence that Arsenal lose a lot more often when Cygan is playing. They could do with a goalkeeper, David James would probably be an improvement on what they currently have.

Believe it or not this was the first time that Arsenal have lost when Cygan has played in the Premiership. Unfortunately I'm not sure of their record when he plays in europe/fa cup/league cup so I dunno how they fair in those competitions when he plays.

MrL_JaKiri 3 Feb 2005 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanG
Believe it or not this was the first time that Arsenal have lost when Cygan has played in the Premiership.

First time this season. A couple of seasons ago, Arsenal only lost when Cygan was playing, and they lost the Premiership at the death.

Kurashima 3 Feb 2005 22:38

LollyRoffleCopterTomato

JC 3 Feb 2005 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanG
Believe it or not this was the first time that Arsenal have lost when Cygan has played in the Premiership. Unfortunately I'm not sure of their record when he plays in europe/fa cup/league cup so I dunno how they fair in those competitions when he plays.

I believe he played in both games when we did the double over you :).

Rids 4 Feb 2005 00:26

To say I was unhappy was an understatement, but I'm not going to cry about it. I think a lot of decisions didnt go our way, but they never do against united. We didnt play well, they were deserved winners, there is only next year.

SeanG 6 Feb 2005 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC
I believe he played in both games when we did the double over you :).

I'm not an arsenal fan, I can't remember the last time Blackburn played 'us' (Torquay).

G.K Zhukov 6 Feb 2005 20:31

Wengers choices for Goalie seems to be weird.
Wright didnt get a lot of chances, and was sent out quite quick.
Taylor has been doing well when Ive seen him, but he doesnt seem to get alot of confidence from Wenger.
Stack is probably also going out the door without ever giving the chance.

And all we got is a lauzy spaniard and a unstable german :(

And Wenger, YOU NEED A SQUAD; NOT ONLY A FIRST-ELEVEN!

Come on Dein, why dont you get someone else than Wenger to decide what goalies to buy?

Blastoderm 7 Feb 2005 00:27

I'd rather Arsenal not have a Director of Football who got into the way of Wenger in dealing with deals etc.