Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Text only skin (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194769)

r2baz 21 Jun 2007 16:46

Text only skin

I am probably the last to notice :/

but..

Just had a play with it on my mobile and it looks and feels great so far. Really nice to use.

Seems to make quite a difference by getting rid of those image templates. It doesn't look so cramped - it loads quicker - it uses less data transfer (can cost lots on a mobile) and overall looks much much better.

Really good stuff :D

Thanks!

Appocomaster 22 Jun 2007 10:23

Re: Text only skin

I hacked it together from a few other skins using my omfg 1337 css skillz0rs (mainly copy and paste).
The only thing I need to sort out is population, really.

Allfather 22 Jun 2007 10:26

Its the only skin worth using in pa since they removed pure black (or what it was called)
Two thumbs and one limp penis up for Apocco and his mad skillz :thumbup:

Veedeejem! 22 Jun 2007 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allfather
Its the only skin worth using in pa since they removed pure black (or what it was called)
Two thumbs and one limp penis up for Apocco and his mad skillz :thumbup:

I think it was called clean black and it was my personal favorite too :(

Walldo 22 Jun 2007 11:03

Its good for mobile indeed.

Mzyxptlk 22 Jun 2007 11:46

It's pretty cool indeed, I'll be using it for next round. Props to Appoc.

Marv 22 Jun 2007 11:46

Clean black was the best yes.

I use the "Round 21" skin now, as it sort of vaguely resembles the old Clean Black sleekness.

TheShadowMan 22 Jun 2007 12:42

hey all I use the txt only to get with me blackberry. Only prob i noticed is that i can't reply to ingame mails cos it doesn't display the msg body properly. Anyone know a work around, or a mIrc client for blackberry?

props to Appoco - thanks :)

tsm

Marv 22 Jun 2007 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
hey all I use the txt only to get with me blackberry. Only prob i noticed is that i can't reply to ingame mails cos it doesn't display the msg body properly. Anyone know a work around, or a mIrc client for blackberry?

props to Appoco - thanks :)

tsm

Google is your friend.

Achilles 22 Jun 2007 14:08

I imagine he meant was there one in particular than anyone would recommend specifically.

TheShadowMan 23 Jun 2007 18:19

yup thats what i meant, but thanks marv saved me hitting the home button on IE. I found jirc client which works great, my only beef with it is i can't setup a perform on it and have to login to p manually each time.

anyone any ideas about ingame mail sendng problem?

r2baz 23 Jun 2007 20:57

I had the same problem last round with the text only browser but i don't get it this round with the text only browser and can see the reply icon and it works etc. It may then be handset/browser specific?? My memory is hazy but i think i may have had to click Inbox first then open/reply to the mail.

It may be useful to get together a list of utilities and stuff like this for PA, together with handsets used etc....?

if it would be worthwhile, dunno how many use mobiles....