Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   God bless filthy catholicism (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190549)

JonnyBGood 13 Apr 2006 16:27

God bless filthy catholicism

For giving me a day off work tomorrow.

Equally god curse it for closing the ****ing pubs on my day off.

dda 13 Apr 2006 16:46

Re: God bless filthy catholicism

Do they still call it "Good Friday" even though the pubs are closed?

IncubusGod 13 Apr 2006 16:54

I remember Deffeh came here a few years back on a Easter break, bout the age of 17/18. And went off on a rant about how the pubs were closed on Good Friday, that Ireland was hysterical about religion and that it was the stupidest thing he'd ever heard.
God bless his little (smelly) cotton socks.

I had to remind him pubs only ever close on two days in the entire year here (christmas and good friday). Plus if he couldn't go without alcohol for good friday there were many 'fine' local off licences for him to frequent to stock up.

I have a question, if I'm unemployed does that mean I get a holiday from being a jobless bum tomorrow?

Dace 13 Apr 2006 17:41

Work gives me a half day holiday today (i took a half day annual leave too to get the whole day off), all day tomorrow and Monday off.

Unfortunately i can't drink till Sunday.

Still, life is gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :)

roadrunner_0 13 Apr 2006 18:41

in the town where i live the pubs are open 365 days a year, therefore making the north east of england objectively better that ireland

the_dastardley_chihuahua 13 Apr 2006 19:32

my mate and his girlfriend are going to dublin for the weekend, he aint happy about the pubs thing either! you crazy micks and your funny ways...

KoeN 13 Apr 2006 20:24

ok guys i just returned from hockeytraining. noone at the club except me and 3 others. for some reason they cancelled training, apparantly. it's either the heavy rainfall earlier today or easter. but it's dry now, the pitch is still good and IT'S NOT EASTER YET!

i'm not happy. :(

JonnyBGood 14 Apr 2006 18:58

Hopefully they moved city/country and left you behind because you're so shit. It's what Jesus would do.

NEWSBOT3 14 Apr 2006 19:15

i posrep JBG so much i broke the button

Ste 14 Apr 2006 19:20

i pulled a very attractive irish catholic girl last night.
true story.

JonnyBGood 14 Apr 2006 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
i pulled a very attractive irish catholic girl last night.
true story.

I drank my own bodyweight in beer. It was a very merry evening. I also went to see mike caro (people who play poker should know who this is!) give a guest lecture in Trinity college.

midge5 14 Apr 2006 19:28

God damn it. I forgot what day it was so went all the way into uni only for everything to be locked up :( Ahh well, at least the pubs are open.