Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Disallow Havoc Alliances (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199745)

tulsa 18 May 2012 03:38

Disallow Havoc Alliances

Havoc alliances really ruin the whole havoc experience. It's certainly not fun if you're not in factory, and I can't imagine it's even fun to be in factory at this point - now that the universe is pretty well picked clean. How hard would it be to disallow new alliances & new members after tick 1177? Better yet, disallow ingame alliances altogether and put it all on irc/webbies to orchestrate things - old school style.

Factory lameness must come to an end!!!

CBA 18 May 2012 06:54

Re: Disallow Havoc Alliances

who cares?

Havoc is just a bit of fun after a lengthy round (7 weeks is lengthy!)

Mzyxptlk 18 May 2012 08:16

I'm firmly on the side of "lol havoc is lame, only losers play it lol". I still agree with this suggestion.

tulsa 18 May 2012 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3215737)
Havoc is just a bit of fun after a lengthy round (7 weeks is lengthy!)

Agreed, 7 weeks is a long time. Much longer than I can ever last in t100 without crashing. :( That said, havoc fun should not be limited to the 80 players that jump into factory, it should be fun for all! :banana:

Reincarnate 18 May 2012 15:40

i agree with all of the above, somehow. havoc is lame but if some people wanna play it fine. if you are gonna play it is the saddest thing i have ever seen for 90% of the people who bother to all join the same alliance.

my best idea would be hunt down and kill IRL all factory players.

TheoDD 18 May 2012 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3215747)
i agree with all of the above, somehow. havoc is lame but if some people wanna play it fine. if you are gonna play it is the saddest thing i have ever seen for 90% of the people who bother to all join the same alliance.

and people wonder why the pa community is perishing

CBA 18 May 2012 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3215747)

After or before killing me?

tulsa 18 May 2012 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoDD (Post 3215749)
and people wonder why the pa community is perishing

At some point it seems this community would take better care of itself. I see a lot of finger pointing on this forum regarding the demise of PA (mostly at MH's and Jagex), all the while a blatant disregard for any ownership of communal responsibility persists. I'm going to really get burned for saying this */me cringes* but there are a lot of really smart, talented people around here [insert least favorite player here for omission]. If we really wanted to attract and teach and train new players I'm sure we could. But it seems the majority would rather find ways to exploit positive personal outcomes than contribute to the greater good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only thing that will save PA is a digression from the cheating, ruining, hating atmosphere that continues to pervail here. For everyone that doesn't act like a dbag, thanks for keeping a glimmer of fun up in this joint and I'll see you on the battlefield! :D

*steps down from soap box and goes back to work

Benneh 18 May 2012 21:42

I agree, i thought havoc was to have some fun hitting people you couldnt properly hit in the real round...

Alliances should be turned off and resources should be given out more frequently. Would make it for more fun.

Connovar 18 May 2012 23:42

I completely agree with this post, havoc is just for fun yea, but its spoiled by the creation of the 'super-alliance' factory.

What fun do members of factory actually get out of it?

I tried to play this round, with my galaxy, for a bit of a laugh. It quickly became impossible to find targets worth hitting that didnt instantly get 5 defense fleets. And then I started to get lolwaves from those brave soles in factory.

I managed to stay in the top 10 for a while, my gal was top for a fair bit too, but after the futility of it all smacked me in the face, much like the rest of this game, i decided to crash my fleet and save myself the heartache.

budious 19 May 2012 00:40

+1 Connovar's comments

I think it's just sad that we need to have an intervention for 80 people and explain to them why thinking it is okay to be in Factory is the wrong mentality for the PA community.

Mzyxptlk 19 May 2012 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benneh (Post 3215753)
I agree, i thought havoc was to have some fun hitting people you couldnt properly hit in the real round...

You're just mad you couldn't win.

Benneh 20 May 2012 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3215763)
You're just mad you couldn't win.

And you make posts on a game you no longer sign up for!
Least i try!

Forest 20 May 2012 07:52

some people are teaming in a group of 4 or 5 in beta, and i havent seen anymore than 2 actives other than them in any of the beta 'rounds' yet

now thats lame!

neroon 20 May 2012 09:45

Havoc is kinda pointless anyways.. havoc with alliances is totally ridiculous though

Mzyxptlk 20 May 2012 10:03

No more pointless than the actual round is.

Wouter 20 May 2012 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3215784)
No more pointless than the actual round is.

You just say that cause ur wife/gf, doesnt let you play anymore!

Benneh 22 May 2012 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by wouter (Post 3215790)
you just say that cause ur wife/gf, doesnt let you play anymore!

haahhaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mzyxptlk 22 May 2012 13:58

Don't laugh. :(

MiX 23 May 2012 19:22

alliances in havoc are dumb. I left mine the minute havoc started to launch 3 fleets anywhere I wanted. Was kind of an odd feeling when some of those fleets pulled ~5 out of gal defenders. I mean really?

Of course I quit havoc the day after.

gzambo 23 May 2012 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiX (Post 3215829)
alliances in havoc are dumb. I left mine the minute havoc started to launch 3 fleets anywhere I wanted. Was kind of an odd feeling when some of those fleets pulled ~5 out of gal defenders. I mean really?

Of course I quit havoc the day after.

its a pity they can't planet manage this good in a real round , but I guess its easy to look good when your the only ones trying . if your in factorys and you have any respect left for yourself then I suggest you hit the leave alliance button now

Mistwraith 25 May 2012 09:35

Just bear in mind that even if they are removed they are still created.

Blue_Esper 27 May 2012 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistwraith (Post 3215867)
Just bear in mind that even if they are removed they are still created.

at least the functionality of defense would be reduced.

Aedolaws 6 Jun 2012 05:27

I don't need to read this, poo on principle, I say allow them!

Clouds 21 Jun 2012 14:53

I do hope they disallow tags this havoc round.. :|