Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is divorce a good thing? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190082)

All Systems Go 8 Mar 2006 00:04

Is divorce a good thing?

A child which is raised in a 'normal family' is only brought up by 2 people. a child of divorced parents has to meet 4. this means he has a greater level of social interaction. It also spreads the responsibility of child raising to a greater level of responsibility for other peoples children. this would result in a greater natural urge to protect other peoples children. As a result social bonds will be created, creating a non-violent solidarity that apparently existed during war-time.

the other result of this may be that children would become more outgoing and create another social bond in the community.

Yahwe 8 Mar 2006 00:07

Re: Is divorce a good thing?

You've never been a close friend of Mr Logic have you ...

furball 8 Mar 2006 00:12

ASG: however, that child lives outside of the standard parenting unit, with the contrasting influences of a mother and a father. Does a step-family (if the parent remarries) really make up for it? I say it doesn't.

NEWSBOT3 8 Mar 2006 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Systems Go

no, you tard.

NEWSBOT3 8 Mar 2006 00:15

Quote:

A child which is raised in a 'normal family' is only brought up by 2 people. a child of divorced parents has to meet 4

Quote:

this means he has a greater level of social interaction.
no it doesnt. You just assume it does.

Quote:

It also spreads the responsibility of child raising to a greater level of responsibility for other peoples children.
see above reply

Quote:

this would result in a greater natural urge to protect other peoples children. As a result social bonds will be created, creating a non-violent solidarity that apparently existed during war-time.

the other result of this may be that children would become more outgoing and create another social bond in the community.
same again.

seriously.
you think this makes any sense ?
think about it more.

JonnyBGood 8 Mar 2006 00:33

You've drawn some alarmingly broad conclusions from some fairly scanty facts there dude :(

pig 8 Mar 2006 00:44

My parents were divorced, both met new partners, i now have step brothers and step sisters, in my opinion its a good thing. You get to see your parents being happy rather than sad.

JonnyBGood 8 Mar 2006 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig
My parents were divorced, both met new partners, i now have step brothers and step sisters, in my opinion its a good thing. You get to see your parents being happy rather than sad.

If you see a minute blurred thing in the distance through a telescope on maximum magnification that'll be the point.

pig 8 Mar 2006 00:59

orly?

JonnyBGood 8 Mar 2006 01:02

No.

Yahwe 8 Mar 2006 01:02

piglet.

you remember how we had this talk about how you should stick to posts about shagging slappers?

Snurx 8 Mar 2006 01:20

As all things concerncing human interaction, it depends.

Now I want chocolate donut, but 7-11 was out :(

pig 8 Mar 2006 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
piglet.

you remember how we had this talk about how you should stick to posts about shagging slappers?

nope i think was shagging someone at the time

Vaio 8 Mar 2006 01:35

my divorce was a f'kin brilliant thing

milo 8 Mar 2006 04:28

wouldn't it just be easier for him to say marriage is a bad thing?

milo 8 Mar 2006 04:29

btw is the forum ****ed or something?

1-X 8 Mar 2006 04:43

test

roadrunner_0 8 Mar 2006 11:13

you only assume that they have to meet 4....

what if the women gets a new partner and the man spirals into depression caused by the CSA and kills himself eh? never thought of that did you

roadrunner_0 8 Mar 2006 11:13

you only assume that they have to meet 4....

what if the women gets a new partner and the man spirals into depression caused by the CSA and kills himself eh? never thought of that did you

EDIT: yup, the forums are ****ed

roadrunner_0 8 Mar 2006 11:23

T&F you big spammer you ;)

EDIT: T&F you big post-deleting-so-you-don't-look-like-a-spammer-spammer you ;)

MrL_JaKiri 8 Mar 2006 11:33

T&F you big spammer you ;)

demiGOD 9 Mar 2006 01:11

Yes it is. Divorce is a good thing because you are finally free from the misery, emotional pains, heart ache and the financial instability that the Bitch has been causing you.

In fact, the only reason why divorce is so expensive is because it's ****ing worth it.

It may be tough on the child, but oh well. We are a generation that's raised by women in a society that sings hallelujahs and cheers for the Female Gender, chained by this so-called Equal Opportunity and Female Rights. Pffft!

Really, who gives a **** anymore.

Alessio 9 Mar 2006 01:52

Quote:

A child which is raised in a 'normal family' is only brought up by 2 people. a child of divorced parents has to meet 4. this means he has a greater level of social interaction. It also spreads the responsibility of child raising to a greater level of responsibility for other peoples children. this would result in a greater natural urge to protect other peoples children. As a result social bonds will be created, creating a non-violent solidarity that apparently existed during war-time.

I know many girls with divorced parents, and I dated alot of them
Unlike 'normal' girls they tend to be way better for my sex life if that's what you mean
Their lack of guidance, social comfort, discipline, goals and morality is brilliant :rolleyes:

Marv 9 Mar 2006 02:04

Quote:

Is divorce a good thing?

No. It costs to much money. Make it cheaper or buy one get one free please.</sarcasm>

Phang 9 Mar 2006 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snurx
As all things concerncing human interaction, it depends.

Now I want chocolate donut, but 7-11 was out :(

don't ever leave here ever again :)

Nodrog 9 Mar 2006 13:56

Quote:

As a result social bonds will be created, creating a non-violent solidarity that apparently existed during war-time.

This seems like pointless collectivism. The opportunity to divorce is a good thing for the individual because noone should be expected to stay in a relationship which no longer brings them happyness. The effects on 'society as a whole' are, as usual, secondary and largely irrelevant.