Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   eXilition are ranked #7 (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=192867)

_Kila_ 26 Oct 2006 02:07

eXilition are ranked #7

Pre round, and upto this point in the round, certain people have been claiming that eXilition will win the round by surprise in a 1up-r12 fashion (notably Pig and Gate)

There was, iirc, an agreement made by some people whereby eXilition would be targetted by all alliances upon reaching the #7 rank.

Now - I'm not playing this round, I don't know that much about current affairs so this agreement may not be in place. I have been lead to believe that it is by reading a post where somebody proposed that eXi are "killed" upon reaching the #7 rank, and a recent post where someone reiterates that eXi will be targetted upon reaching the #7 rank.

So, is this agreement in place or was it just me misinterpreting/speculating too much?

aNgRyDuCk 26 Oct 2006 02:08

Re: eXilition are ranked #7

Barrow will be targeted upon reaching rank 30 :/

This is your mission..... should you chose to accept it

Kargool 26 Oct 2006 02:33

If eXilition wins I will start playing PA again. Now, that should be incentive enough for people to beat them down.

Squidly 26 Oct 2006 03:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool
If eXilition wins I will start playing PA again. Now, that should be incentive enough for people to beat them down.

Alright. You have just motivated me to consider upgrading my time travel from eta 12 phoenix/harpy to eta 10.

IT'S ON NOW!

<3

aNgRyDuCk 26 Oct 2006 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidly
Alright. You have just motivated me to consider upgrading my time travel from eta 12 phoenix/harpy to eta 10.

IT'S ON NOW!

<3

your a warrior I tell ya.... BATTLE SQUID TO THE RESCUE

jt25man 26 Oct 2006 06:04

I must've missed this one, being an HC and all, and not ever being told about this. If all alliances were going to target them, wouldn't you think someone would've actually told other alliances.

The_Fish 26 Oct 2006 09:59

Probably wouldnt inform shit ones like Heroic.

Gate 26 Oct 2006 10:07

Don't be shit Fish. :/

But sorry jt25man, I would assume that any such agreement would be made by a group of alliances who have proven to have more military capability... alliances with the firepower to send scores of fleets at a target every night (in the case of top alliances, well over 100, you'd hope). Trying to cut a deal with smaller unproven (to the 'big boys') alliances would simply be needlessly spreading information and spread the potential for leaks that could warn an alliance like eXilition of what to expect and when.

Oh, and Fishy, don't come up on the 3-5th either, I'm going down to London then. If you want to buy me a drink, make sure it's any weekend that isn't that one. <3

jt25man 26 Oct 2006 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Fish

It's people like you that are the reason I'd rather be in a shitty little alliance playing with people who just wish to have fun, than Alliances such as yourselves who think because they've been around longer and have more members that they're superior.

Resorting to third grade taunting in the bullying style of "we're better than you", just makes you look all the more immature and make me want to speak my mind and tell you to get a life.

TheGoaT 26 Oct 2006 10:11

eX is just sitting back laughing at all the dumbasses ahead of them fighting eachother, waiting to tag up for the win.

jt25man 26 Oct 2006 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate
But sorry jt25man, I would assume that any such agreement would be made by a group of alliances who have proven to have more military capability... alliances with the firepower to send scores of fleets at a target every night (in the case of top alliances, well over 100, you'd hope). Trying to cut a deal with smaller unproven (to the 'big boys') alliances would simply be needlessly spreading information and spread the potential for leaks that could warn an alliance like eXilition of what to expect and when.

I actually understand this principle, I was merely trying to be funny and point out that if all alliances were going to attack, then you'd think they'd tell all alliances.

As for warning eXilition, I'd probably do it just to make it more fun.

Zo0f 26 Oct 2006 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Fish

Because NewDawn have proven their great military ability countless times and have a great track record vs. eXi....right! I doubt anyone would bother informing ND either, unless they needed more flak.

Its easy to look down on others isnt it? ;)

P.S. I forum mailed you my targets cords, get me a newsie please (this tick)!

P.P.S. Touch my planet and ill declare a holy war on ND (or Gate)!

G.K Zhukov 26 Oct 2006 10:54

and if they needed someone to try (and fail) to spam defence-relay bots, they would ask HR, Zo0f.... :)

(and Seth Mace to lead the operation ofc)

Spritfire 26 Oct 2006 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
and if they needed someone to try (and fail) to spam defence-relay bots, they would ask HR, Zo0f.... :)

(and Seth Mace to lead the operation ofc)

Dont remind me of that, I am so going to die laughing :\

Zo0f 26 Oct 2006 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
text

Haha yeah that was funny and ND were far better at spamming fake defcalls to our bot. Luckily we performed where it mattered (on the battlefield) and ND didnt. ;)

P.S. Didnt you sneak onto our IRC server and join the channel where Seth was openly organising the bot spamming effort in a channel everyone could see/join? He deserved all the stick he got after that! :D

Buly 26 Oct 2006 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zo0f
Because NewDawn have proven their great military ability countless times and have a great track record vs. eXi....right! I doubt anyone would bother informing ND either, unless they needed more flak.

Its easy to look down on others isnt it? ;)

P.S. I forum mailed you my targets cords, get me a newsie please (this tick)!

P.P.S. Touch my planet and ill declare a holy war on ND (or Gate)!

rofl. Pm me your coords and we'll have some fun this round |BluE|

Heartless 26 Oct 2006 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGoaT
eX is just sitting back laughing at all the dumbasses ahead of them fighting eachother, waiting to tag up for the win.

seconded.

Tietäjä 26 Oct 2006 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartless
seconded.

Would it be bad English to say "thirded"? Uh, I don't think there's such a word anyways. Besides, even if the top alliances weren't fighting each other more or less, there'd only be one or two (with luck three) of them willing to hit eXilition. The rest love the fence too much.

Stoom 26 Oct 2006 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Would it be bad English to say "thirded"? Uh, I don't think there's such a word anyways. Besides, even if the top alliances weren't fighting each other more or less, there'd only be one or two (with luck three) of them willing to hit eXilition. The rest love the fence too much.

Haha you know damn well we dont have planets outside tag Keizari, don't be such a meanie :mad:

ReligFree 26 Oct 2006 12:37

Lol fish you made me laugh out loud in my lecture.

Erm yeah hit eXi, ive said all round they'l try to win and they have a plan and im still 100% sure that there gonna be #1 at atleast some point this round. Whether its unacsendable depends on people sorting themselves out and hitting them now.

-=Yggdra=- 26 Oct 2006 13:31

Quote:

Acutally we are just sitting back laughing at all the dumbasses that still believe we have an evil plan to win this round :rolleyes:

pig 26 Oct 2006 13:35

I don't think you have an evil plan, I just think you are going to win.

You have the quality to do so without an evil plan.

Chika 26 Oct 2006 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
Acutally we are just sitting back laughing at all the dumbasses that still believe we have an evil plan to win this round :rolleyes:

This would be cool if the same things were not said in RD 12.

-=Yggdra=- 26 Oct 2006 13:53

The gameplay has changed too much since R12 to pull of something like that again. The only round you could take as comparison would be R17 where 1up had most of their bigger planets outside of the tag for most of the round. And would anyone who already posted admit that his alliance sucks that much that they still have 20 unallied Top100 planets in their arbiter? :D

Heartless 26 Oct 2006 14:05

Quote:

They are all three imcapable of fighting exilition though. That's one more reason why I'd love to see exilition win the round.

Even if it's just for showing that fence sitting pussies cannot compete against a military machinery.

TheGoaT 26 Oct 2006 14:23

what military machine, no one is attacking them. A group of monkeys could sling shit at other monkeys effectively when the other monkeys arent throwing any back.

lizardking 26 Oct 2006 14:40

Quote:

what military machine, no one is attacking them. A group of monkeys could sling shit at other monkeys effectively when the other monkeys arent throwing any back.

Why bother? They're ~17m behind Angels/Omen atm. Would take quite a lot of time and effort to catch up the cap.

Out of date in politics this round but I'd guess top alliances r busy sorting themselves out atm..

G.K Zhukov 26 Oct 2006 15:02

Certainly I did, Zo0f.

In the old days, people attacked the ones who had lots of roids... with exi beeing the only alliance who have over 400 roids per planet, they should be an obvious target. Whats the point of attacking big planets with less than 300 roids?

Kargool 26 Oct 2006 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizardking
Why bother? They're ~17m behind Angels/Omen atm. Would take quite a lot of time and effort to catch up the cap.

No, it wont.

Alessio 26 Oct 2006 15:28

Alliance A is so busy with winning, that they might just end second place in the end

Alki 26 Oct 2006 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alessio
Alliance A is so busy with winning, that they might just end second place in the end

how long did it take for you to think of that :D

MaVeRiXX 26 Oct 2006 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt25man
It's people like you that are the reason I'd rather be in a shitty little alliance playing with people who just wish to have fun, than Alliances such as yourselves who think because they've been around longer and have more members that they're superior.

Resorting to third grade taunting in the bullying style of "we're better than you", just makes you look all the more immature and make me want to speak my mind and tell you to get a life.

Fisheh Ownend!! haha

:D

Travler 26 Oct 2006 17:08

Grab your torch and pitchfork. It's time we kill this monster before it gets out of hand.

Heartless 26 Oct 2006 17:42

As if current alliances would be capable of killing exilition.

Treveler 26 Oct 2006 17:48

Will eXilition win if they aren’t targeted specifically (and I don’t mean for a day or two)? Yes

So who will do that?

Omen? No
Angels? No
ND? No
etc....

Can they team up and do it? Yes

Will they? No

Why not? Because they are all afraid that their ally will be the one eXilition will focus their counter attack on.

So eXilition..... Ooops you did it again! Shockingly! :o

Alki 26 Oct 2006 18:35

We played with your heart,
Got lost in the game

Stoom 26 Oct 2006 18:43

Omen with 80 members and it's excellent command staff won't be able to take on eXi with 42? :salute:

Also, take in consideration our avg is calculated on 42 planets, maybe (read: most likely :p) Angels/Omen have such an avg aswell on their top planets?

Bashar 26 Oct 2006 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treveler

Will they? No

Why not? Because they are all afraid that their ally will be the one eXilition will focus their counter attack on.

More likely:

Will they? Yes

How long will it last? As long as it takes for one of the three to see easier targets elsewhere, assume the other two will continue against exilition and go for the easy targets in the PA equivalent of a 'get rich quick' scheme, at which point the other 2 will break off and go against the one that went for the easy option. (For those of you who prefer short answers: 1 night max).

Will it work? ;)

Squidly 26 Oct 2006 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoom
Omen with 80 members and it's excellent command staff won't be able to take on eXi with 42? :salute:

Also, take in consideration our avg is calculated on 42 planets, maybe (read: most likely :p) Angels/Omen have such an avg aswell on their top planets?

Yes, but they don't have the suspicion of hiding half their planets and likely trying to sweep the round nearish the end ;)

Edit: You should try replying to my post and disproving the rumor, as opposed to neg-repping me and confirming my suspicions even more ;)

Heartless 26 Oct 2006 19:00

Quote:

In opposition to, for example Angels, exilition members do not ask the enemy for planet naps because they are too scared of their enemy ;-)

aNgRyDuCk 26 Oct 2006 19:22

Quote:

Will eXilition win if they aren’t targeted specifically (and I don’t mean for a day or two)? Yes

So who will do that?

Omen? No
Angels? No
ND? No
etc....

Will they? No

ND hit exi before anyone did........

Treveler 26 Oct 2006 19:47

Yes but you have to keep it up for weeks. A day or two wount change much and I dont think any of the top alliances have the stamina to take out eXil solo, nor in a group.

Psi_K 26 Oct 2006 20:35

Will someone please think of the horse !!!!

aNgRyDuCk 26 Oct 2006 20:51

point is, we haven't backed away from anyone

was pointing that out in reference to Treveler's comment

Tietäjä 26 Oct 2006 20:57

Quote:

Omen? No
Angels? No
ND? No

Omen? Maybe.
Angels? No.
ND? Maybe.

Quote:

Will they? No

Nope, the ones that don't fence are busy building blocks and backstabbing each others. Or attempting to make their way to the soothing picket thingy.

Quote:

They all have their reasons. One got tripped by one of their own high commanders going rogue and causing an unwanted war. Another felt it was time to fence a bit and do some good old fashion breaking given promises and stabbing a bit in the back. The third remaining one found themselves first attempted a block upon, then fighting a war, then backstabbed, and fighting another war, and blocked upon.

Quote:

As you're all so bloody brilliant, and don't like the way how things are going, why don't you do something about it instead of moaning on the forums? Maybe start off with a brilliant alliance of your own to take out eXilition? Or did the brilliance disappear already - oh, no time, no interest? I keep wondering what's the whine about then.

Quote:

Omen with 80 members and it's excellent command staff won't be able to take on eXi with 42?

What? You've been mislead sire.

Quote:

Also, take in consideration our avg is calculated on 42 planets, maybe (read: most likely ) Angels/Omen have such an avg aswell on their top planets?

Nope, I'd really doubt it. ToF might have.

Ziw 26 Oct 2006 21:03

zomfg.
1up is ranked #34, with an avg of 770k score, let's find the planet, bash it and make sure what happened r18 don't happend again! ZOMFG! :/

The essential a pointless answers to match the others in this tread :/

MaxMilliaN 26 Oct 2006 21:09

i think those that are crying for a block against eXilition are bitter about the past then trying to "save" this round and all alliances..

Bashar 26 Oct 2006 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziw
zomfg.
1up is ranked #34, with an avg of 770k score, let's find the planet, bash it and make sure what happened r18 don't happend again! ZOMFG! :/

The essential a pointless answers to match the others in this tread :/

I'd much rather you didn't :(

Stoom 26 Oct 2006 21:28

Quote:

Nope, I'd really doubt it. ToF might have.

It was rather rhetorical. :)

Treveler 26 Oct 2006 21:43

Quote:

Omen? Maybe.
Angels? No.
ND? Maybe.

Nope, the ones that don't fence are busy building blocks and backstabbing each others. Or attempting to make their way to the soothing picket thingy.

Angels couldn’t make the right political decision if they were the only alliance in the game.

Omen and ND you say? Then why don’t yah?

Quote:

They all have their reasons. One got tripped by one of their own high commanders going rogue and causing an unwanted war. Another felt it was time to fence a bit and do some good old fashion breaking given promises and stabbing a bit in the back. The third remaining one found themselves first attempted a block upon, then fighting a war, then backstabbed, and fighting another war, and blocked upon.
kk, extreme stupidity, incompetence and fright for a counter.

Quote:

As you're all so bloody brilliant, and don't like the way how things are going, why don't you do something about it instead of moaning on the forums? Maybe start off with a brilliant alliance of your own to take out eXilition? Or did the brilliance disappear already - oh, no time, no interest? I keep wondering what's the whine about then.
Ohhh I definitely care about PA. Do I care who win? Not really tho it would be nice to see the non-exil command grow a spine with a brain attached so we would see a shift in the power balance. I just can’t see it happen. That’s why I whine as you put it, though it seems your ability read a post is exceeded only by your ability to make sound political decisions.