Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Planetarion: Seven Years Later (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=195901)

Cochese 31 Dec 2007 20:39

Planetarion: Seven Years Later

I just realized it's been seven years since I first found this game, and started played. I was on Christmas break from school, and looking online for something to "kill some time".

If I only knew how much time it would end up killing :)

Though my activity has faded much over the past two years due to, essentially, living my dream life and working my dream job--in paradise no less--I still try to read the boards, chat on irc, and now play the ongoing speedgame when I have time.

Anyways, I just wanted to say 'thank you' to the PA community and all my friends in it, and to all the people who--for better or worse--still make it happen.

Dare I say, here's to another seven years ;)

isildurx 1 Jan 2008 02:53

Re: Planetarion: Seven Years Later

Been a ****ing long time since i was in ur gal yo, hope im not playing this game in 7 years time :(

Kenny 1 Jan 2008 16:18

I can't remember what the first round I played was. It was either late 2000 or early 2001. I didn't play it seriously, I wasn't on IRC ever and didn't have a fking scooby what an alliance was.

Nothing much has changed really!

Mistwraith 2 Jan 2008 10:37

7 years, i remember the 5th year aniversary it doesnt seem that long ago though.

Hi Cochese .. MOOO!

_Kila_ 2 Jan 2008 11:21

3 years I think. I'm pretty sure I found it during December whilst bored in 2004. Time flies.

Wishmaster 2 Jan 2008 12:07

How long since r1 ended?

I joined the last days of r1 :(

Been too long, been a too big part of my life. Sigh.

Elevator 2 Jan 2008 17:43

this thread just depresses me :/

should have retired 6 and a half year ago to never return. And if not at least after r3...

Recluse 2 Jan 2008 18:46

Holy crap 0_o 7 years? I joined in R3, so not quite as long, but dang, to realize thats how long it's been. lol. Who would have thought...

s7n 7 Feb 2008 20:46

I've been retired since round 15 (started playing around 11) just come back now to see how it is all going.

Vladel 9 Feb 2008 08:04

Left after round seven and came back last week.

Tietäjä 9 Feb 2008 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochese
Dare I say, here's to another seven years

That is indeed, very brave.

Jonas 14 Feb 2008 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7n
I've been retired since round 15 (started playing around 11) just come back now to see how it is all going.

o/ Hows my favourite kid/nub doing? Grown old now? Hope you're doing good :)

Joined the game a few weeks into R2, man its long ago! Good to see that its still somewhat alive, I guesss I finally retired after round 23 or 24 :)

Take care all :D

Vladel 16 Feb 2008 09:42

Who knows if planetarion will last another seven years, but in all honestly i didn't expect it to last this seven.

demiGOD 22 Feb 2008 22:12

Hmm.. it has been 7 years. Wow..

DunkelGraf 23 Feb 2008 00:31

it wil

MysticQue 4 Mar 2008 05:58

i can't recall when i actually played. but it was 2-3 round before the p2p start.
that time i still remmeber the page was not so nice and we have turrets (PDS)

LordNieminen 8 Mar 2008 14:57

Personally I should have shot the guy who told me about pa... Someday in year 2000 I think it was, We where shopping with amon some normal computer games and this seller mentioned planetarion and gave me it's url... God help me when the modem bills came in after one hectic round to my parents when I played 16-18h per day for the duration of round... (The bill wasn't month one.. but according to time) Long round, not some 1month round. Propably round 4... was the day when that huge bill came, had better results with less time consumption in other rounds, but that bill was memorable.

Got loads of friends from planetarion and a network of online gamers with whom we always now and then group up and own in some game... We played lineage2, WoW, eve, ******** also, now waiting for age of conan.. to see how it goes.. and always someone is playing pa even if it's not even close to good as it was.

Not to mention pa teaches one good rule in gaming, be the one who affects decision.. no point joining groups unless you are one of the leaders or have some pull on leadership positioned player. Otherwise prepare for frustration to the max when there's a chance that unknown people do stupid stunts in leadership and it screws up all yer effort to that point in that game/round.

Not to mention old pa vet's.. are the most efficient machine still alive in online games.. never seen in any other game people putting so much effort and time to a game as in planetarion before pre-launch feature.

Heh... not to mention the evolving curve in pa.. MSN/ICQ => IRC => Private IRC servers => SMS tools for mobile users ("we got incoming"), and all the uber automated cheating, leadership and statistics tools in between what where ultimate piece work even if I loathed them to hell. HC's controlling whole fleets of their members by tools what used members own ip's if needed, proxy maskings.. anti-spy methods at their peaks. Personal guard galaxies/planets runned by programs... seriously those where the days when you could just be stunned when your learned what effort people put into the game to win themselfs or to make their alliance survive.

PA was it's own miniworld I gues.

Mzyxptlk 8 Mar 2008 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordNieminen
PA was it's own miniworld I gues.

It still is that, although a bit more mini than it used to be. :P

Mobster Lobster 18 Mar 2008 05:55

heyu, I'm knitting a yellow thang for easter and was wondering if anyone knew of a good yarn for nubs? :salute: