Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ohhh Canada! (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=164777)

DrNick 29 May 2003 09:05

Ohhh Canada!

I've never understood the whole anti-canadian vibe u get off americans.
I know americans stereotype them but I'm not sure what this stereotype is, pls explain.

Canada seems like a fairly sound country to this ignorant brit.

ChubbyChecker 29 May 2003 09:07

Ey?

DrNick 29 May 2003 09:09

In every american tv program I have watched a series has at least one reference to how much canada sux. I was just wondering if it sucked for any particular reason or if they just plain dont like canada.

[GAP]Obiwan 29 May 2003 10:09

hey at least your not stereotyped as talking like you've got graham nortons ballsacks in your mouth, living in a castle, and having a butler called jives.

NOT EVERYONE IN ENGLAND SPEAKS LIKE HUGH GRANT FFS. IN FACT I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES SPEAK LIKE HIM.

</rant>

DrNick 29 May 2003 10:18

I should clarify that when I say i'm a brit it means I'm British and not canadian. I've never been to canada.

Pyr0 MK III 29 May 2003 11:51

Quote:

Originally posted by WorkMonkey
Maybe it's cus Canadians are smarter?

pablissimo 29 May 2003 11:52

Quote:

Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
Eh?

Snurx 29 May 2003 12:01

Who knows? Maybe Canadians are :cool:'er, smarter, less ignorant, sexier, and don't use as much drugs?

Mong 29 May 2003 12:09

Quote:

Originally posted by Snurx
Who knows? Maybe Canadians are :cool:'er, smarter, less ignorant, sexier, and don't use as much drugs?
If americans used more drugs, then they'd all be thinner, and thus sexier.

By putting small amounts of MDMA (Ecstacy) into the water supply. You'd make americans more productive, more creative, and more friendly. You'd also see them more active, and eating less.

I'm all for it!

M.

Snurx 29 May 2003 12:24

Quote:

Originally posted by Mong
If americans used more drugs, then they'd all be thinner, and thus sexier.

By putting small amounts of MDMA (Ecstacy) into the water supply. You'd make americans more productive, more creative, and more friendly. You'd also see them more active, and eating less.

I'm all for it!

Ah, but what if the Canadians do that, but still use less drugs then the americans? The americans are probably all junkies, while the Canadians use a smart doses, thus doing what you says? (Just not throught the water, it would probably taste vile :()
If you use too much drugs, you don't look sexy anymore.. Besides, thin is not a nessecary fact for sexyness, as thin people usually don't have :cool: curves, and has to "fill inn", and that is a major turn of in most cases!

But, on a completely different matter, would we like a smarter america? I THINK NOT. Think about it, a big, happy, brain-washed USA? I get shivers in my spine...
:(

Aryn 29 May 2003 14:58

they're just jealous and secretly want to be canadians!
IT'S TRUE!
why else would they stick canadian flags on their backpacks fs.

Tactitus 29 May 2003 15:11

Re: Ohhh Canada!

Quote:

Originally posted by DrNick
I've never understood the whole anti-canadian vibe u get off americans.
What anti-Canadian vibe? As an American, I haven't really noticed one. If anything, Americans tend to downplay/ignore Canada/Canadians (which is probably due more to passive ignorance than active prejudice).
Quote:

I know americans stereotype them but I'm not sure what this stereotype is, pls explain.
Eh? :)
Quote:

Canada seems like a fairly sound country to this ignorant brit.
Yes, yes it is.

Mong 29 May 2003 15:26

Quote:

Originally posted by Snurx
If you use too much drugs, you don't look sexy anymore..
Snurx in "Knows nothing about drugs" shocker.

M.

sayonara 29 May 2003 15:28

Quote:

M.

Something makes me doubt he would be talking about heroin chic anyway...

Proteus 29 May 2003 15:53

It's because the Canadian flag looks much more :cool: than the US one, clearly. :)

Jammers 29 May 2003 20:32

I think my gal pic sums this issue up nicely.
*Waits for people to scroll through every galaxy so they can hunt me down and then kill me*

Snurx 29 May 2003 20:39

Quote:

M.

But i don't!

EDIT:
Anyways, i knew this really sexy (and nice, actually) girl when i was younger. She got mixed up in drugs after a while, but we still had much contact.
She started to do more drugs, and we lost contact for about a year.
When i met her again, she looked like a wreck. Totaly ****ed up. I thought "heroine", but she had only done the same drugs as she always had (Amfethamine (thats probably wrongly spelled), e's, hash and rohypnol).
Strange, huh?

EDIT2: Jammers, that was a very nice galaxy picture! \o/

Aryn 29 May 2003 21:33

that galbanner is ace! :P

Intrepid00 29 May 2003 21:46

The real reason Canada is made fun of is because

A) A lot of the TV shows you watch either have a Actor or writer from Cananda. Dave Letterman's band director is one and it was funny to watch him get thrown out of the NBC Thanksgiving dinner.

B) Their our friends of the north, and I don't know how guys are in your country but friends bust friends nuts.

C) Jokes on their military strenght are always funny for some reason. IE "This new hot tub I got has more jets then the Candian Air Force"

Sandsnake 29 May 2003 22:28

Think of it as "Sibling Rivalry." No one really means anything by it.

Aryn 29 May 2003 22:30

i think i agree with sandeh
i mean.. to be fair.. canada makes fun of the US too :P

Psi_K 29 May 2003 23:28

Quote:

Originally posted by Jammers
I think my gal pic sums this issue up nicely.
*Waits for people to scroll through every galaxy so they can hunt me down and then kill me*

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me know if you get incoming because of this, I'll defend you :D

Psi_K 29 May 2003 23:30

Quote:

Originally posted by Intrepid00
C) Jokes on their military strenght are always funny for some reason. IE "This new hot tub I got has more jets then the Candian Air Force"
Hey, our three still work ... wait ... crap :(
Oh, but our tanks in toronto by the lake still work ... wait ... where the fk they put the keys ... crap :(

Deffeh 30 May 2003 01:15

:wub: USA :wub: