Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spontanious Actions... (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=189127)

All Systems Go 3 Jan 2006 21:29

Spontanious Actions...

Yesterday afternoon, after 2 relatively heavy nights of drinking I felt like a different person. A couple of weeks ago I spent all my time doing work for my degree and was highly motivated. But since then I've not done any work and can't really be bothered to. I was sitting in my room yesterday contemplating my future and decided that I don't like uni and that despite being only a few months away from graduating I was going to quit. My plan I decided was that I was going to become a bum. I was going to get a crappy job (with as few hours as possible) to ensure that I had enough money to live and spend my days reading, playing the guitar, writing (really awful) poetry until I could support myself being part of a (relatively) sucessful band.

Now, I managed to sober up a bit and talk myself out of this (until I finish uni I told myself, but then I'll probably get a boring desk job and wait for death ;) ) but I really don't know if I would be happier doing this.

I nearly made a very spontanious decision which wouldhave alter the entire course of my life and it isn't the first time.

What spontanious actions have you performed/seriously contemplated that would have canged your whole life?

Ste 3 Jan 2006 21:41

Re: Spontanious Actions...

i bought tickets for me and skiddy to go and see alkaline trio.

didn't change my life but it was a good evening :)

(i'm not that spontanious really... except when it comes to girls)

wu_trax 3 Jan 2006 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Yesterday afternoon, after 2 relatively heavy nights of drinking I felt like a different person. A couple of weeks ago I spent all my time doing work for my degree and was highly motivated. But since then I've not done any work and can't really be bothered to. I was sitting in my room yesterday contemplating my future and decided that I don't like uni and that despite being only a few months away from graduating I was going to quit. My plan I decided was that I was going to become a bum. I was going to get a crappy job (with as few hours as possible) to ensure that I had enough money to live and spend my days reading, playing the guitar, writing (really awful) poetry until I could support myself being part of a (relatively) sucessful band.

That could have been written by me, except that for me
a) It's not a couple of weeks but almost a year
b) I cant get even a crappy job around here (not that i tried, but thats what people say). I'm not even sure i could get a job, should I ever finish uni.
c) I can't write (even awful) poetry or play guitar so my only option is winning the lottery.

And the really bad thing is: I'm more or less happy with my life. Maybe if I would be either materialistic and have a desire to make lots of money or if I had any motivation to archive anything in my life things would be different. But as it is, I'm quite happy living on just a few hundred euros a month.

dda 3 Jan 2006 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I nearly made a very drunken/hungover decision which wouldhave alter the entire course of my life and it isn't the first time.

Corrected for accuracy.