Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   its a FREE ROUND (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199583)

Reincarnate 26 Oct 2011 10:00

its a FREE ROUND

come on people its free, sign up more. call your friends that use to play, email everyone you know, post on your facebook and twitter. its FREE!!!

Paisley 26 Oct 2011 10:40

Re: its a FREE ROUND

I was looking forward to it until the stat became an issue :(

M0RPH3US 26 Oct 2011 18:35

why is it even a free round ?

is it meant to be public relation ?
-> then someone should have been informed :p

cant make free pizza in my pizza-shop and not tell anyone
-> only if i dont wanna hand out free pizza

neroon 26 Oct 2011 19:13

got a feeling pa wont be around much more rounds so why not giving last one out for free :D ?

M0RPH3US 26 Oct 2011 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by neroon (Post 3211403)
got a feeling pa wont be around much more rounds so why not giving last one out for free :D ?

yeah thats what i am thinkin aswell

Monroe 26 Oct 2011 21:33

Every round of planetarion is free....

Paisley 26 Oct 2011 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monroe (Post 3211406)
Every round of planetarion is free....

I don't know wether to laugh or give you a kick up the arse :confused:

Edit - Whilst pointing out that a round is free but to enjoy the full perks of a round a credit is required.
Whilst I think the MODs still get a complimentry credit the rest of us mere mortals need to buy them.

gzambo 26 Oct 2011 22:48

There will be extra planets as there are always idiots who sign up multi's to get a good gal

Mzyxptlk 27 Oct 2011 04:26

Sounds pretty clever to me.

Paisley 27 Oct 2011 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo (Post 3211409)
There will be extra planets as there are always idiots who sign up multi's to get a good gal

Totally agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3211414)
Sounds pretty clever to me.

And what if everyone outside of a buddy pack had that mentality?
Also does it make it a good game for a BP that get poor randoms?

Can you see how some folk might agree with Gzambo on this one?

Reincarnate 27 Oct 2011 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo (Post 3211409)

how is this different to a paid round?

Mzyxptlk 27 Oct 2011 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3211418)
And what if everyone outside of a buddy pack had that mentality?
Also does it make it a good game for a BP that get poor randoms?

Can you see how some folk might agree with Gzambo on this one?

No, assuming the goal of Planetarion is "doing well" or "enjoying myself", which catches about 99% of the player base, Gzambo is wrong. Signing up multiple planets if no one else is, gives you better odds of landing in a good or friendly galaxy. Similarly, if everyone does it, not doing it gives you worse odds of landing in a good or friendly galaxy. Landing in a good galaxy helps you do well, landing in a friendly galaxy goes a long way to allow you to enjoy the game. Ergo, signing up multiple planets is clever, which is pretty much the opposite of idiotic.

Note: I did not say it was right or legal or good for the game or anything else you may have inferred, but it is clever.

t3k 27 Oct 2011 11:29

I think you're being a bit liberal with the use of the word 'clever' to be honest.

Mzyxptlk 27 Oct 2011 13:05

Perhaps it's not exactly worthy of a Nobel Prize, no, but it's closer to the truth than idiotic.

Paisley 27 Oct 2011 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3211429)
No, assuming the goal of Planetarion is "doing well" or "enjoying myself", which catches about 99% of the player base, Gzambo is wrong. Signing up multiple planets if no one else is, gives you better odds of landing in a good or friendly galaxy. Similarly, if everyone does it, not doing it gives you worse odds of landing in a good or friendly galaxy. Landing in a good galaxy helps you do well, landing in a friendly galaxy goes a long way to allow you to enjoy the game. Ergo, signing up multiple planets is clever, which is pretty much the opposite of idiotic.

Note: I did not say it was right or legal or good for the game or anything else you may have inferred, but it is clever.

This approach polutes the quality of the playerbase of the game.
I.E. play in a buddy pack where you are having to constantly exile dead planets aka the multiple sign ups planets that didnt get the desired galaxy and are no longer logged in.

When there is suffient polution you start killing off the playerbase and inturn
I.E. conversations in gal channel "im ****ing sick of having to exile dead planets why cant we get any decent randoms if this keeps up I cant be arsed to play PA anymore"
What also adds to playing PA is interaction in the gal channel
When you have more gal mates it adds to this effect.

"Doing well" in a game that dies off has no real meaning/value/purpose.

So what if 1 person does this and then the competition starts to take up signing up multiple planets
What I would call "keeping up with the jones"

Remember R15 with 1up and exil signing up vsh support planets?
One of the "Clever" buggers decided to have these support planets so the other thought we had better to do the same to neutralise this advantage.
(keeping up with the Jones) whilst the rest of the playerbase is stuck with the inactive gal mates.
A good example on how this was poluting the quality of the player base.

So people who do not have the foresight to realise that this action will eventually make the game play worse for them in the long run after they have made it worse for others (the genuine players) who get the raw end of the polution.

Are infact not clever hence Gzambo is correct in what he says.

t3k 27 Oct 2011 13:35

Dear heavens. Paisley, you don't half pick some inane points to argue sometimes :(

Paisley 27 Oct 2011 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3k (Post 3211445)
Dear heavens. Paisley, you don't half pick some inane points to argue sometimes :(

What is inane about a trend being set, to gain a tactical advantage then others then copy it to neutralise this advantage / not be at this disadvantage without any regard for your fellow player.

One of the things I still enjoy about PA is even though the numbers are small I still find it enjoyable due to the quality (not playing against non interactive accounts) of the player base.

Monroe 27 Oct 2011 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3211407)
I don't know wether to laugh or give you a kick up the arse :confused:

Edit - Whilst pointing out that a round is free but to enjoy the full perks of a round a credit is required.
Whilst I think the MODs still get a complimentry credit the rest of us mere mortals need to buy them.

Both would probably be appropriate... But for the record MODs don't get a free credit.

Mzyxptlk 27 Oct 2011 17:34

I did. You're getting screwed, man.

Odyssey 4 Nov 2011 12:46

Hoorah! \o/

Linkie 4 Nov 2011 13:47

free like ym

Reincarnate 4 Nov 2011 15:47

that was for 1 week only and you missed it!

snoops^ 5 Nov 2011 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3k (Post 3211431)
I think you're being a bit liberal with the use of the word 'clever' to be honest.

agreed

cha^ 10 Nov 2011 21:25

Not again :(

stay_posi 15 Nov 2011 07:55

:salute:

[Smurf]Pies 16 Nov 2011 14:05

well if i had known... i may or may not have signed-up for a free round