Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rugby [six nations] (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194018)

milo 10 Mar 2007 18:26

Rugby [six nations]

Two brilliant matches for the neutral! Ireland scrape past Scotland to get the triple crown and Italy win against Wales at the death!! Anyone watch it? Wooden spoon for Wales surely.

Smudge 10 Mar 2007 19:00

Re: Rugby [six nations]

Wales got screwed.

Good TV viewing.

milo 10 Mar 2007 19:04

nah they didn't, fair enough the ref said 10 secs but there was no way in hell they'd score a try, none, it wasn't going to happen, they chose the line out, they ran out of time, their loss.

edit it was made funnier by the fact they belted the ball into the crowd. I have no idea how they thought that was enough to kick to touch, form a line out, get the ball and score a try.

furball 10 Mar 2007 19:17

Wales got ****ed over, sympathies to them. They wouldn't have gone for the lineout if they hadn't been given the impression they could win.

And Ireland deserved to beat Scotland, bit suprising that it finished so close.

vampire_lestat 10 Mar 2007 19:45

he said that they have 10 seconds. They were spastics and it served them right. It was a good game, and it's nice to see italy not losing for a change.

KaneED 10 Mar 2007 21:36

I thought they were both shit games tbh

WORKMONKEYHELLO 10 Mar 2007 21:43

safe

Deffeh 10 Mar 2007 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaneED
I thought they were both shit games tbh

Second.

The comedy end of the wales match was the only bit of any note.

midge5 11 Mar 2007 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by milo
edit it was made funnier by the fact they belted the ball into the crowd. I have no idea how they thought that was enough to kick to touch, form a line out, get the ball and score a try.

That doesn't matter. As long as time isn't up when the ball has gone out you are allowed to take the lineout. You only end play if time was up before the ball was kicked to touch.

Looking at the BBC clock it did actually seem like the game was over before we kicked it, but the ref said there was time left heh. Though you are right, the odds of us scoring were pretty slim. I think my first words were, watch us lose the lineout now.

Tomkat 12 Mar 2007 18:31

I'm gutted - I normally follow the 6 nations quite closely but I haven't seen ONE game this year. I've always been doing something (usually not very interesting either - like travelling or something) while all the games are on. I've still been following vaguely but it's not the same :(

Am I right in thinking the only way England can win is to either:
1. Win their game against Wales by a huge margin (at least 30 more points than the margin for either Ireland or France).
2. Win their game and Ireland and France lose/draw theirs.

Is that right? :(

roadrunner_0 12 Mar 2007 18:35

pretty much yeah, its possible but not probable for us to win, still, who would have thought we could even be in contention at this point considering the way we had been playing

Tomkat 12 Mar 2007 19:00

From what I've seen/heard, it sounds like it's less to do with England playing well, more to do with the other 3 sides playing badly.

JonnyBGood 12 Mar 2007 22:15

Please god let Ireland win the six nations for the first time I can remember on st patricks day :(

Tomkat 12 Mar 2007 22:27

You're expecting to remember things that happen on St. Patrick's Day?

milo 17 Mar 2007 18:16

bad luck johnny :( fcking unbelieveable, never mind WC beckons

roadrunner_0 17 Mar 2007 18:21

christ that was unlucky for scotland at the death :( although getting the wrong player sent off has got to rank up there as one of the worst mistakes ever :/

Cannon_Fodder 17 Mar 2007 19:18

Meanwhile england getting screwed by wales and the referee

Deffeh 18 Mar 2007 14:13

the standard of officiating in the Six nations this year and the last gameweek in particular was a complete lollercaust and made a mockery of the game. o hey arbitrary decisions deciding major honours.

roadrunner_0 18 Mar 2007 15:39

i would say most of it hasnt been too bad but this weekend has been pretty spectacular :/

JonnyBGood 18 Mar 2007 15:44

Honest to god I could not believe it when that last try was given. I ask for so little and get nailed by so much :(