Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Forget tony Blair... (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=188299)

All Systems Go 11 Nov 2005 00:15

Forget tony Blair...

the member of New Labour that I really hate is Hazel Blears.

She is full of shit, even for a politician. She has such an annoying face and voice I just want to repeatedly punch her in the fance with a knuckle duster until my fist comes out the back of her head.

Am I alone?

Deepflow 11 Nov 2005 00:20

Re: Forget tony Blair...

I certainly don't think I'll be alone in saying "who?"

cue lots of people googling and trying to make me feel stupid now.

skiddy 11 Nov 2005 00:25

Based purely on thread title, I'm sure most of us would love to, but he seems to be quite the media focal point of late.

All Systems Go 11 Nov 2005 00:26

http://www.hazelblears.labour.co.uk/

If you dont know her, count yourself lucky.

She seems to give an awful lot of interviews and in every one spews out the same shit time after time after time...

NEWSBOT3 11 Nov 2005 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Systems Go

She seems to give an awful lot of interviews and in every one spews out the same shit time after time after time...

doesnt every politician do that ?

Appocomaster 11 Nov 2005 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3

It's their job.

The people that know how to get things done are like, 3 levels below them. The top few levels are people that can play the public, lie and hide things. Cos all the honest people get chucked out before they get that high up.

All Systems Go 11 Nov 2005 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3

Indeed.

However, some do it in such a way that makes you want to smash your head through the wall.

Her voice, her face and her the total fact that she has her head so far up Blair's arse it's sickening.

It's probalby also the the topics she's discussing frustrate me no end as well...

dda 11 Nov 2005 00:50

Quote:

"My intersts outside Parliament include mortorcycling, tap dancing, going to the cinema and theatre, fell walking and gardening. I am married to Michael Halsall and live in Salford.
She sounds like a raving bitch, but is she a goer? You know does she go? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Yahwe 11 Nov 2005 01:42

Ruth Kelly is just as bad.

All Systems Go 11 Nov 2005 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
Ruth Kelly is just as bad.

Oh, I totally agree.

In fact, I think I hate female politicians more than males.

I think this is becuase of the sexism in the system which generally means that for a woman to make it to the top she has to appear to be far stronger than if she was a male. therefore, the women who make it to the top are genreally crazier than the men.

lokken 11 Nov 2005 01:59

was hazel blears the person labour threw out into centre stage after the big vote on the terror bill who tried to overturn the recent correction of the law with respect to recklessness?

If so, I thought she talked quite a bit of cack.

Yahwe 11 Nov 2005 02:06

Quote:

Oh, I totally agree.

they used to have a very beautiful, obviously intelligent and really quite reasonable home office minister. (i can't remember her name unfortunately)

I expect that was why they got rid of her in favour of hazel.

I'm very pro diane abbot as well and to be fair i was very impressed with claire short (i know i was surprised too) this evening on 'this week'

PS we shouldn't genderise politicians because Anne Widicombe would feel left out.

Blastoderm 11 Nov 2005 02:34

Quote:

Oh, I totally agree.

I think this is becuase of the sexism in the system which generally means that for a woman to make it to the top she has to appear to be far stronger than if she was a male. therefore, the women who make it to the top are genreally crazier than the men.

Hence why we had Margaret Thatcher....

Deepflow 11 Nov 2005 03:08

Quote:

they used to have a very beautiful, obviously intelligent and really quite reasonable home office minister. (i can't remember her name unfortunately)

I expect that was why they got rid of her in favour of hazel.

I'm very pro diane abbot as well and to be fair i was very impressed with claire short (i know i was surprised too) this evening on 'this week'

PS we shouldn't genderise politicians because Anne Widicombe would feel left out.

I love diane abbott... she seems so genuine on "this week". Although, MP does too, he is so much more likeable as a commentator than a politician.

Incidentally, when watching it today, I thought Clare Short was Mo Mowlam until someone reminded me she was dead :(

MrL_JaKiri 11 Nov 2005 09:47

She's no Marge Hodge.

Vaio 11 Nov 2005 09:50

Ruth Kelly looks like Pete Docherty.

You never see them together you know.......

pig 11 Nov 2005 09:53

Quote:

oh her...

Vaio 11 Nov 2005 10:01

She's probably into bondage and strap on sex.

She looks the type.

pig 11 Nov 2005 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaio
She's probably into bondage and strap on sex.

She looks the type.

thats so true, looking back at the picture that is scarily accurate.

:edit: I just checked www.bondagenstraps.co.uk low and behold she is on it, I knew I saw that face somewhere.

Rids 11 Nov 2005 11:38

Quote:

Am I alone?

Most probably, and for the rest of your life too.

Ste 11 Nov 2005 12:30

Ruth Kelly is certainly worse.
Just to add to her annoying voice, and punchable face, she's also a member of Opus Dei... And Education Secretary...
That worries me.

Yahwe 11 Nov 2005 12:33

i give it two weeks after retirement before tony admits his conversion to catholicism.

Phil^ 11 Nov 2005 12:34

Quote:

i give it two weeks after retirement before tony admits his conversion to catholicism.

i dont get it :confused:

Marilyn Manson 11 Nov 2005 14:18

Quote:

Anyone like Blair inevitably becomes bitter once they depart the stage. Just look at Thatcher.

eJohn 14 Nov 2005 15:45

In an interesting side note, my fingers have gone numb. Not before my brain though, trying to comprehend this thread