Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Def points (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201482)

Devlin 12 Nov 2017 04:51

Def points

Two suggestions.

1) Make it so you can sort the Ally Members page by defpoints. At the moment you have to click each member's name and look at their defpoints on that page 1-by-1.

2) Defense priorities. Have 3 or 4 categories of priority (high/medium/low/nodef or green/yellow/orange/red). Have two different ways of automatically assigning members to these priorities: by number of defpoints, and by percent rank in defpoints.

Number of defpoints is straightforward. Have 3 integers you could define for low/med/high. So low could be more than 5 points, medium more than 15 points, high more than 30 points, nodef is anyone that isn't low/med/high.

Percentage is fairly simple too. Again, define 3 integers. In this example we will use hypotheticals of 20, 40, 80. High priority = top 20% of members ranked by defpoints. Medium = top 40%. Low = top 80%. Nodef = the leftovers.

Also, make "nodef" an option. So if you tick a checkbox, you have a nodef category. Untick it and you only have high/med/low.

If you dislike idea #2, but like idea #1 (because who couldn't like idea #1?) then please express your like/dislike for each idea individually. :)

Sorry if any of this post seems incoherent. I spent last night DCing til 3am and slept 2 hours.

Kallysandra 12 Nov 2017 04:57

Re: Def points

:D

1 definitely, for the dc's maybe 2 as well :D :up:

CBA 12 Nov 2017 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devlin (Post 3260617)
Two suggestions.

1) Make it so you can sort the Ally Members page by defpoints. At the moment you have to click each member's name and look at their defpoints on that page 1-by-1.

2) Defense priorities. Have 3 or 4 categories of priority (high/medium/low/nodef or green/yellow/orange/red). Have two different ways of automatically assigning members to these priorities: by number of defpoints, and by percent rank in defpoints.

Number of defpoints is straightforward. Have 3 integers you could define for low/med/high. So low could be more than 5 points, medium more than 15 points, high more than 30 points, nodef is anyone that isn't low/med/high.

Percentage is fairly simple too. Again, define 3 integers. In this example we will use hypotheticals of 20, 40, 80. High priority = top 20% of members ranked by defpoints. Medium = top 40%. Low = top 80%. Nodef = the leftovers.

Also, make "nodef" an option. So if you tick a checkbox, you have a nodef category. Untick it and you only have high/med/low.

If you dislike idea #2, but like idea #1 (because who couldn't like idea #1?) then please express your like/dislike for each idea individually. :)

Sorry if any of this post seems incoherent. I spent last night DCing til 3am and slept 2 hours.

This is 2017

We don't do def points

Most allies have support planets / bot network
For this

Patrikc 12 Nov 2017 06:41

I snapped my fingers and created #1 just for you

I'm not a fan of #2 because def points are too arbitrary for my liking to base anything off of, but I can simply not use it if I don't like it. Whether it's worth the time to spend on it to code is not up to me!

Makhil 12 Nov 2017 08:07

Roids number is also a choice to prioritize def, late joiners may have too low def points even if they're active deffers, fleet catch or SKs could also be reasons to prioritize def, that's why I don't like the idea of making it automatic.

Ave 12 Nov 2017 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3260620)
This is 2017

We don't do def points

Most allies have support planets / bot network
For this

Inside intel?

Devlin 12 Nov 2017 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 3260621)
I snapped my fingers and created #1 just for you

That link just forwards me to https://game.planetarion.com/alliance.pl

Mzyxptlk 12 Nov 2017 21:20

Then you probably don't have access.