Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Block! (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199822)

Firebird 24 Aug 2012 09:25

Block!

Another block round.....Sigh

t3k 24 Aug 2012 10:18

Re: Block!

Planetarion can no longer exist without blocks.

Mzyxptlk 24 Aug 2012 10:33

PA has never existed without blocks.

t3k 24 Aug 2012 10:44

Touché.

gzambo 24 Aug 2012 12:42

so what's actually happening this round

Reincarnate 24 Aug 2012 12:46

why do these threads always appear? how can there be so many idiots out there that moan about blocks.

THERE HAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE BLOCKS IN PLANETATION - DEAL WITH IT

BloodyButcher 24 Aug 2012 13:02

Who is blocking?

t3k 24 Aug 2012 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3218066)
How can there be so many idiots out there that moan about blocks.

I count 1 idiot.

Clouds 24 Aug 2012 13:12

lol.

Reincarnate 24 Aug 2012 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3k (Post 3218068)
I count 1 idiot.

Your limited counting ability does not change the fact that there are a lot of idiots.

ATRO 24 Aug 2012 13:27

Can someone enlighten those of us who have no in game information as to what the current sides are?

I can see App and Ult have both lost roids today.

MaxMilliaN 24 Aug 2012 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN (Post 3218072)
haven/ct shared 6:6. haven hitting the ult and ct the app
ds took 7:2 ptargeting the app only
alot of ND hostiles on app aswell

and alliance hcs forbid any ingal def to app/ult

so yes 1 block got formed, i guess counter block will get formed aswell

BloodyButcher 24 Aug 2012 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN (Post 3218072)
haven/ct shared 6:6. haven hitting the ult and ct the app
ds took 7:2 ptargeting the app only
alot of ND hostiles on app aswell

and alliance hcs forbid any ingal def to app/ult

so yes 1 block got formed, i guess other block will get formed aswell

ODDR experinced a lot of DFTKW incommings last night, was this a masterplan by The Appthefckwtores block? Makes sense to me atleast ;)

Clouds 24 Aug 2012 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3218074)
ODDR experinced a lot of DFTKW incommings last night, was this a masterplan by The Appthefckwtores block? Makes sense to me atleast ;)

It makes perfect sense considering Apprime are allied to ODDR ingame.

gzambo 24 Aug 2012 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3218074)
The Appthefckwtores block? Makes sense to me atleast ;)

oh the irony

RexDrax 24 Aug 2012 15:55

Hmm... not sure who is sleeping with who but there is quite a bit of coordination going on. In either case, with the way the stats are set up and with the amount of ships/fleets flying about I dont think any 1 block has an advantage over another. Its making it quite interesting for the moment. But will see if a tipping point comes.

gzambo 24 Aug 2012 16:06

ds ct nd dfwtk and haven all hit ult and app with all their members told not to defend app or ult ingal , afaik app got the most of the incs but it could just be that ult can def better

Kaiba 24 Aug 2012 20:52

it really all comes down to which block starts infighting first. Seeing as CT are glory whores and Apprime/Ultores have both been there and done it repeatedly i can imagine the big CT block will implode in about 400 ticks, especially if DS cap better roids than CT and move ahead of them.

Its just the same old shizz but in new colours.

CT, HaveN, NewDawn and most likely DS do not have the longevity to win, member apathy and revolt is rife. 7 out of 7??

Patrikc 24 Aug 2012 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3218079)
7 out of 7??

Let's wait and see who plays next round before we make predictions about who wins it, shall we?

Hunterrrr 25 Aug 2012 06:00

Quote:

BloodyButcher;3218074The BRAINAIDS IS ATRONG IN ME ;)
O really?

Kaiba 25 Aug 2012 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 3218080)
Let's wait and see who plays next round before we make predictions about who wins it, shall we?

i thought last round round was #6 - i lose track they win so often :P

Clouds 25 Aug 2012 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3218082)
i thought last round round was #6 - i lose track they win so often :P

Last round was #5. Ultores started their winning streak in r43.

t3k 25 Aug 2012 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3218070)
Your limited counting ability does not change the fact that there are a lot of idiots.

I should really have specified that I meant "I count one idiot complaining about blocks".

Mzyxptlk 25 Aug 2012 09:19

Coinsidering the plural "threads" in his original post, I'm going to assume Rein meant to make a general comment on the state of AD, not one specifically aimed at this single thread.

(And while I'm deconstructing posts anyway, I originally read yours as "I count one idiot: you.".)

JonnyBGood 25 Aug 2012 12:02

I think the problem is not so much that this is "another block round" but rather that it's a tedious and predictable block with an obvious and tragi-comic end.

Forest 25 Aug 2012 13:36

there aren't blocks anymore.

It is just all the alliances hitting one alliance, then letting them back in the block and hitting someone else, repeat etc

gzambo 25 Aug 2012 17:41

only in this case its most (not all ) of the allys hitting two allys , pushing the two most competent together is probably going to come back and bite the block in the arse so its pretty safe to say they never learn any lessons from previous rounds

slightly ironic how those that create these scenarios also give out the most about them

Forest 25 Aug 2012 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo (Post 3218088)
only in this case its most (not all ) of the allys hitting two allys , pushing the two most competent together is probably going to come back and bite the block in the arse so its pretty safe to say they never learn any lessons from previous rounds

slightly ironic how those that create these scenarios also give out the most about them

ult were in that 'block' two days ago and dishing it out, werent they?

BloodyButcher 25 Aug 2012 18:34

Hitting the alliances with most roids only makes sense to me

MaxMilliaN 25 Aug 2012 18:58

so its ct/ds/haven/hr/nd on 1 side

so far there is no other side

gzambo 25 Aug 2012 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest (Post 3218089)
ult were in that 'block' two days ago and dishing it out, werent they?

oh I thought they were too busy getting roided by the focker lolwaves and then doing rentals on the fockers with sk's

HeimdallR 26 Aug 2012 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3218075)
It makes perfect sense considering Apprime are allied to ODDR ingame.

Doesn't to me, cause right now we aren't involved in anything, and i don't think either side wants extra fleets to deal with right now.

Zaejii 27 Aug 2012 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 3218060)
Block!

Dodge!

Benneh 27 Aug 2012 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaejii (Post 3218099)
Dodge!

Roll!

BloodyButcher 28 Aug 2012 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benneh (Post 3218101)
Roll!

To me it dosnt seem that ND was able to block, dogde or run last night?
Is there a new force of evil lurking in the univers that isnt the famous HR/ND/HAVEN/CT/DS/WHATEVER block who try ruin the round for everyone else?

gzambo 29 Aug 2012 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3218103)
Is there a new force of evil lurking in the univers that isnt the famous HR/ND/HAVEN/CT/DS/WHATEVER block who try ruin the round for everyone else?

think they are called The Fockers
word on the street is they got sk's and are lolwaving across the universe

MaxMilliaN 29 Aug 2012 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3218103)

ND and their allie ptargeted app. Since of our neutrality this round We saw this as war declaration and decided after grounding we should retal them.

idk why they went after app or they were asked by certain other friendly alliances. but our policy is known, we start without enemies but we dont let any alliance bully us.

Korsan 29 Aug 2012 20:07

I have blocks too.

Trunks 29 Aug 2012 23:36

Lego blocks?

BloodyButcher 30 Aug 2012 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN (Post 3218105)
ND and their allie ptargeted app. Since of our neutrality this round We saw this as war declaration and decided after grounding we should retal them.

idk why they went after app or they were asked by certain other friendly alliances. but our policy is known, we start without enemies but we dont let any alliance bully us.

I think Apprimes policy is good.
Certainly ND learned from their flaws, and most likely will think twice if they decide to go after Apprime again, this is how PA should be

Mzyxptlk 30 Aug 2012 00:45

Except this happens several times every round.

BloodyButcher 30 Aug 2012 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3218109)
Except this happens several times every round.

well yeah, this is why ND will think twice over attacking Apprime again this round, seeing that they prolly lost more roids than they could cap when they launched the first offensive against them.

Clouds 30 Aug 2012 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3218110)
well yeah, this is why ND will think twice over attacking Apprime again this round, seeing that they prolly lost more roids than they could cap when they launched the first offensive against them.

ND aren't getting blocked just because they launched at Apprime.

BloodyButcher 30 Aug 2012 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3218111)
ND aren't getting blocked just because they launched at Apprime.

MaxMillian just cleared it out for us, Apprime hit ND because they wanted revenge, and im sure the fact they were very fat at the time attracted incs from other allies as well.

Clouds 30 Aug 2012 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3218112)
MaxMillian just cleared it out for us, Apprime hit ND because they wanted revenge, and im sure the fact they were very fat at the time attracted incs from other allies as well.

Apprime hit ND with THEIR allie (Ultores) because ND had been hitting BOTH Apprime & Ultores.

Mzyxptlk 30 Aug 2012 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3218112)

That is not what a block is.

BloodyButcher 30 Aug 2012 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3218114)
That is not what a block is.

What is what? Im saying that Max cleared it up?

Sebos 30 Aug 2012 19:48

So the block has a choice to make soon....

Let ult win or let apprime win its that simple.

We saw a while back what a strike on DS does to them. We all know from past experience what an attack on CT does to them. HvN seem to be having issues with an active command and seem a completely different alliance this round. At the moment it is taking all of the blocks efforts to contain ult ( like last round) while apprime sneak up safe in the knowledge that if they are allowed to grow big enough they can roid/ def vs anyone.

Now this does lead to a interesting scenario one that could result in a 1 v 1. Im sure ult and app command are well aware of the fact that either one will have to beat the other to win. Both know they can roid the block at will and be profitable. At some point it will come down to ult vs app for the win. Does app still have the hunger to win a round or are they just happy to king make ult back to #1 for 6/6 just to annoy the block?

BloodyButcher 30 Aug 2012 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebos (Post 3218116)

We saw a while back what a strike on DS does to them. We all know from past experience what an attack on CT does to them. HvN seem to be having issues with an active command and seem a completely different alliance this round. At the moment it is taking all of the blocks efforts to contain ult ( like last round) while apprime sneak up safe in the knowledge that if they are allowed to grow big enough they can roid/ def vs anyone.

Now this does lead to a interesting scenario one that could result in a 1 v 1. Im sure ult and app command are well aware of the fact that either one will have to beat the other to win. Both know they can roid the block at will and be profitable. At some point it will come down to ult vs app for the win. Does app still have the hunger to win a round or are they just happy to king make ult back to #1 for 6/6 just to annoy the block?

What block got that choice?
For me it seems that all alliances is more or less playing on their own, from my point of view.
ODDR for one is playing for themself, allthough allied to dS and Apprime, but we will attack those who attack us. If any of the alliances in this game choose to target ODDR, im sure we will want those roids regardless of what block they are or are not a part of.

Kaiba 30 Aug 2012 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebos (Post 3218116)

We saw a while back what a strike on DS does to them.

Err?? Sorry?? Yes because Ultores fair so much better a few days earlier against similar incs.

From memory Ultores lost 13% roids and DS lost 13% - i would imagine both sides had similar incomming numbers ... for teh record DS had 267 incomming fleets that night, from Apprime, Ultores DFWTK and HaveN.

I dont think DS faired too badly considering, if anything it boosted morale a little as it proved they can do it.