Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   House (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190281)

QazokRouge5 22 Mar 2006 23:44

House

So we got a house.

It's the James Creek Phase 2 houses, for any of you that went to the site.

We got it for 1350$ a month, between 3 of us.

I know it's a bit expensive, but as you can see it's really nice and it's less than what were paying now.

Anyway, thats 450$ per month puls about 70$ utility per person.

How much is rent etc. where you guys live? And for 450$ a month could you guys get something like that? Nicer? Worse?

Do tell etc.

-Qazok

Ste 23 Mar 2006 00:02

Re: House

i'm paying £110 a week but that is rent plus bills (including council tax) and including a weekly cleaner and gardener.

The house is fully furnished with a widescreen tv, dishwasher, washer-dryer, bbq, 3 bathrooms, and my room is quite big.

Oh and i live on the border of didsbury which is quite a posh area of greater manchester.

Apothos 23 Mar 2006 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
It's the James Creek Phase 2 houses, for any of you that went to the site.

Looks pretty sweet. :up:

Dante Hicks 23 Mar 2006 00:10

Between 5 of us we pay £1950 (about $3200+ I suppose) for a 5 bedroom terrace house. About £390 per person, although we pay different amounts because of room size.

Our bills are quite high (£100 per month), mainly because our electricity is at the moment £190 per month in total. :(

This is in London, I suspect most places are cheaper (keep in mind this is one of the slightly more deprived wards in London).

Demon Dave 23 Mar 2006 00:32

Next year I will be paying £49 a week, that's including bills, 512k Broadband, a phone line (have to pay for calls, but calls to the letting agents and other houses with the same agents are free) fully furnished etc, plus i get a 4ft wide bed and one of my housemates is gonna bring a 32" Widescreen tv with him.

pig 23 Mar 2006 00:42

I pay £70 a week so £280 a month this includes bills, although this is for one room in a six bedroom house so in total £1680 a month. Your house seems cracking for that price, which property was so cheap here ;/

Tomkat 23 Mar 2006 00:54

Just remember the house always wins!

I pay £462 a month for a flat in London (zone 2, shut up yahwe :angry: ).

Tomkat 23 Mar 2006 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon Dave
Next year I will be paying £49 a week

Yeah but I bet you live in the arseend of nowhere, which is why the rent is so low :/

midge5 23 Mar 2006 01:01

In Aberdare where I'm from you could get a slightly bigger house than that for roughly the same price.

Where I live in Cardiff now you would pay not far off that just for a 1 or 2 bedroom flat, bills not included.

Yahwe 23 Mar 2006 01:06

location location location innit

Demon Dave 23 Mar 2006 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat
Yeah but I bet you live in the arseend of nowhere, which is why the rent is so low :/

Near the center of Hull, so pretty much yeah :(
Plus it's a student house

Vermillion 23 Mar 2006 01:15

Unfortunate, I thought this thread would be about that absolute cracker of a TV show starring Huge Laurie, currently one of my favourites on television...

Phang 23 Mar 2006 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vermillion
Unfortunate, I thought this thread would be about that absolute cracker of a TV show starring Huge Laurie, currently one of my favourites on television...

Los Angeles terrorised by Huge Laurie, story at 9

jerome 23 Mar 2006 01:23

i'm with vermillion on this. that show is quite fantastic though!

Yahwe 23 Mar 2006 01:28

the tv show where hugh laurie pretends that his attempt at an american accent isn't horrendously bad?

dda 23 Mar 2006 01:40

It says no pets in the brochure. Doesn't that mean no animals? How do you get them to let YOU in Q?

Phang 23 Mar 2006 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
the tv show where hugh laurie pretends that his attempt at an american accent isn't horrendously bad?

it's fine. and when you consider his natural voice, that's one hell of a ****ing achievement.

Yahwe 23 Mar 2006 01:44

Oooo I only just noticed the construction :/

it's all wood and plaster board. (appart from the brick facing around the dorma window and the garage columns)

I hope none of you have 'loud' sex ....

Yahwe 23 Mar 2006 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phang
it's fine. and when you consider his natural voice, that's one hell of a ****ing achievement.

even I can do better than him.

jerome 23 Mar 2006 01:49

i'm sure you can with all of your omnipotence, but don't let your own pretentiousness blind you from the fact that House is infact a good programme & Laurie is very effective in his role.

meglamaniac 23 Mar 2006 01:53

From July 1st I will be paying £47/w exclusive of all bills except for water rates.
So call that £52/w (there are three of us) to cover gas, electric, and internet. We don't pay council tax as we're students. Oh and it's half rent over summer.

dda 23 Mar 2006 01:56

I own my house so my payments are $0/month/year/rest of my life (hopefully a longer term than the first two)

Deepflow 23 Mar 2006 02:23

Quote:

He won an Emmy for it, so the Yanks must have liked it.

Also, yes, it is a very very good program. I used to watch it with my family, but no one in my house in Manchester watches it, and I don't generally watch television alone (except QM).

Yahwe 23 Mar 2006 02:32

when america becomes the greatest arbiter of what is good or bad we shall all be glad to be dead

furball 23 Mar 2006 04:18

I pay £52/week for a house between 6 of us (£1320/month). Add on £20/month into our joint account to pay for bills.

It's pretty good, a fairly low price for the size of the house.

Tomkat 23 Mar 2006 08:04

People tell me I look like Hugh Laurie!

coffee- 23 Mar 2006 08:08

About to rent a house for $1700 CDN. Split between 4 people it is $425, which includes heat/hydro. We still have to pay for internet/phone/tv (which I can get all of which super cheap through work)

...also just noticed you guys talking about the show 'House'. It is simply ace. Couldn't ask for a better grumpy man.

Vaio 23 Mar 2006 08:21

4 years ago I rented a flat in Hampstead for £1300 a month.

Luckily I was paid lots and lots of money so it was just an inconvenience instead of a 'starving to death and using candles' type problem

SYMM 23 Mar 2006 09:25

I pay £230 a month, includes all bils/broadband, Fairly small room, but massive house.

House is brilliant, best thing on tv at the moment

KoeN 23 Mar 2006 09:50

'gated community'

why is that?

also, why do you need more than 1 bathroom?
and why can't you have pets when you rent that place?
and why do most American houses have that little glass?

but congratulations. doesn't look too bad i think. :)

Alessio 23 Mar 2006 10:08

Quote:

He might have bladder problems
Quote:

Pets can have bladder problems too

roadrunner_0 23 Mar 2006 11:45

most american houses are wood construction i think yahwe.

i pay £500 per month mortgage and relevant insurances, plus bills, which is ****ing crippling me at the moment

Cooling 23 Mar 2006 11:53

Apparently I pay about £70 a week for a decent sized room in a large 4 bedroom house. Bills and highspeed internet included.

The house is twenty minutes by bus to the central city, and is surrounded by trees, to the extent that I cannot see the neighboring houses at all. It is like living in a forest.

I like it here.

KoeN 23 Mar 2006 13:09

Quote:

Oooo I only just noticed the construction :/

it's all wood and plaster board. (appart from the brick facing around the dorma window and the garage columns)

I hope none of you have 'loud' sex ....

i'm not sure about the situation in the US, but here there are strict rules when it's about sound-insulation of constructions. assuming it's not much different over there, i doubt his neighbours will hear much when he's having sex.

funny how you can draw these conclusions by just seeing a few photo's btw. :p

JonnyBGood 23 Mar 2006 13:16

I live in a box with a keg of guinness and an internet connection.

QazokRouge5 23 Mar 2006 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoeN
'gated community'

why is that?

and why do most American houses have that little glass?

but congratulations. doesn't look too bad i think. :)

It's just nice to have your own bathroom.

The rentors are dicks.... but they dont want pets because of the smell etc.

Also, my house is still being constructed as we speak.

Not sure what little glass youre talking about.

KoeN 23 Mar 2006 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
Not sure what little glass youre talking about.

what i mean is that i see very few windows (especially when comparing it to new houses being built here).

Yahwe 23 Mar 2006 17:09

Quote:

funny how you can draw these conclusions by just seeing a few photo's btw. :p

it's almost as if I have eyes.

KoeN 23 Mar 2006 17:45

Quote:

it's almost as if I have eyes.

and wit. :rolleyes:

QazokRouge5 23 Mar 2006 20:50

Quote:

what i mean is that i see very few windows (especially when comparing it to new houses being built here).

Ah, my mistake. True... there are very few windows, but I think there's enough. As for sound and insulation, it's energy effecient compliant meaning that our electric bill goes down significantly and I could murder Yahwe and noone would hear his screams. :)

Kurashima 23 Mar 2006 20:52

£500 a month plus bills.

Which is good for this area , as its normally around £800 a month, but as my parents own the house, and were currently both unemployed, we get a reduction :)

Proteus 23 Mar 2006 22:22

findaproperty.com tells me that 1 bedroom flats here cost £670-£700 a month.