Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PA on Mobiles - Sony Ericsson K850i and Vodafone Live (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=195737)

Duncasaurus 19 Nov 2007 22:39

PA on Mobiles - Sony Ericsson K850i and Vodafone Live

Ok I used to have a sony ericsson K800i on O2 network, and I could access PA on it albeit very expensively.

I recently got a new phone (the K850i - new model of the K800i and K810i) on Vodafone and since when I try to log in to PA it won't let me citing a "possible cookie error"

I have options on my phone saying allow cookies, and I have been through every single option and security setting and ticked OK for them all and still no joy.

I was wondering if it was the Phone, or Vodafone live or the browser? Has Anyone had any luck with accessing PA using a
1) Sony-Ericsson K850i
2) Vodafone Live

Or both of the above??

The only other thing I can think of is downloading a new browser for my phone, which I'm not to sure would work, I know I can download Java Applications, but a Java based web browser anyone?

Thanks

BigD

Phil^ 19 Nov 2007 22:41

Re: PA on Mobiles - Sony Ericsson K850i and Vodafone Live

have you made sure the clock on it is accurate?
oh, and opera mini

OlaTa 19 Nov 2007 22:42

Opera mini is worth to try. I use Nokia n73 and had some problems aswell when used the Nokia browser for PA. After getting opera mini it just works fine.

Marv 19 Nov 2007 22:44

Opera Mini is what you need and as Phil^ said make sure your time & date settings are correct :-)

Duncasaurus 19 Nov 2007 23:10

Time and date settings are correct, would it be any different if I have auto update off? e.g. so It doesn't try to correct time according to timezone/daylight saving hours etc?

I'll give opera mini a try thanks

Duncasaurus 19 Nov 2007 23:19

I have to say,

Opera Mini is the SHIZNIT

Thanks guys

Mzyxptlk 19 Nov 2007 23:30

Another happy customer.

Marv 19 Nov 2007 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncasaurus
Time and date settings are correct, would it be any different if I have auto update off? e.g. so It doesn't try to correct time according to timezone/daylight saving hours etc?

I'll give opera mini a try thanks

The time and date issue is so that the cookie doesn't break and prevent you from logging in.

From the sounds of it, if your T&D settings are correct it is most likely the browser.

Most browsers that come with phones tend not to be PA friendly.

Paisley 19 Nov 2007 23:41

what I can advise is that t-mobile work a £1 per day web browsing on a handset... if you aquire a new sim put a £5 on it you get web access for 14 days (as you need to make a chargable call and they have a 10 day free internet trial in the UK )
you might need to get ya phone unlocked

Mistwraith 21 Nov 2007 22:37

Symbian for your OS .. runs pa fine on my N95

Allfather 21 Nov 2007 22:52

It also works fine on iphone, tried it a few months ago.

Duncasaurus 26 Nov 2007 01:16

I'm on Vodafone with unlimited free browsing after I was being a tight arse in phones 4 u and refused a deal till they added it on to my contract :)

One problem I have noticed with Opera Mini, I can log in fine, check overview, mail, news and production but no other links work?!?

I was originally using the text only skin and have tried others but to no avail, any thoughts anyone?

Cheers,

Mistwraith 26 Nov 2007 04:12

text only really doesnt work very well at all on symbian either ..

i dont think its a skin thats very compatable with mobile os, though in theory it should be.

jerome 26 Nov 2007 04:54

the research screen worked okay for me the one time i've tried to set a new research on a mobile