Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   fix the dist vs amp to equal (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201753)

Ave 23 Nov 2018 05:39

fix the dist vs amp to equal

Its ridiculously pointless to waste money on amps when dists can spam u to oblivion in couple days :)

Mzyxptlk 25 Nov 2018 14:00

Re: fix the dist vs amp to equal

It might be interesting to make dists more expensive (in resources), but keep their lower build times.

Ave 26 Nov 2018 17:17

Think the eta is the real question.

Pit 27 Nov 2018 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ave (Post 3262754)
Think the eta is the real question.

The main counter to this is that planets building dists need factories etc to have a viable planet. Dedicated scanners aren't limited to having a "viable" planet.

As for rank and file, you only need the same number of amps as a target has dists for a scan to succeed.

There also aren't a huge number of dist-heavy planets out there, and they don't tend to do especially well. Of the top10 dist builders (by my alliance's intel) only one is in the top100 at the moment. If you look at Misc Stats threads for previous rounds I suspect you'll see similar.

Ave 28 Nov 2018 04:40

I dont see heavy amp builders on top either. Its a question of who can fake their value more. It wins wars u know and currently makes inc scan next to pointless.

Pit 28 Nov 2018 06:03

But generally the heavy amp builders aren't *trying* to be on top. A lot of them don't even have ships!

Ave 28 Nov 2018 06:27

I have stated several times the need to fix it. The quests and xp help some tho.

Maybe they should build some ships.... I strongly recommend it.

Mzyxptlk 28 Nov 2018 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pit (Post 3262759)
But generally the heavy amp builders aren't *trying* to be on top. A lot of them don't even have ships!

Ave's point is not about people who build 200+ dists or 200+ amps. It's about people who build enough dists to allow them to fake most non-scanners, and people who try to build enough amps so they're immune to most non-distwhores. However, since dists are so fast to build (and cheaper too), attackers can always be (far) ahead, and this makes amps less useful to even try to build.

Pit 29 Nov 2018 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ave (Post 3262752)
when dists can spam u to oblivion in couple days :)

reads to me as lots, but ok. In that case I'd be tempted to look at misc stats first, especially as we have winter as a buffer this time around.