Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Predictions of round 21 blocks (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194147)

Allfather 26 Mar 2007 16:44

Predictions of round 21 blocks

Atm I'm clueless to who's allied with whom, and why, but i always find these blocks interesting cause it can result in backstabbing, something i enjoy on a grand scale.

As i have not heard about 99% of the new (to me at least) alliances in the game, i want people to fill me in on who you think will put their large arses together to fight the evil other side in their browser!

Bane 26 Mar 2007 17:18

Re: Predictions of round 21 blocks

A lot of alliances now as well as those returning, with the returning alliances being WP, Angels and Subh.

Then the usual clowns: CT, VGN, VSN, Orbit, ToF, F-Crew, xVx, Omen and all the rest (those ones I just took off the top of my head).

Then Ascendancy (category of its own).

Is Destiny still running?

Allfather 26 Mar 2007 17:22

I refuse to believe there are no blocks.
HC play to win no matter what they say, and if that involves sleeping with another man via msnchat they will do so.

Basically, I'm sure there are blocks, no matter if they are official or not.

isildurx 26 Mar 2007 18:03

NAPs seem to be the new 'blocks'

Cochese 26 Mar 2007 18:12

Indeed.

Let's hope this round isn't as dull politically.

Rinoa 26 Mar 2007 18:43

Destiny arent playing.

So thats like 50 players at least looking for new homes :D
Anywhere with fluffy pillows and a kitten named philip will do nicely for me.

Alliance wise id imagine everyone knows ct will be pre round favourites and will try to broker some deals with them. Competition wise id guess Angels have the next best skilled player base lets just hope they dont nap CT :(

JonnyBGood 26 Mar 2007 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane
A lot of alliances now as well as those returning, with the returning alliances being WP, Angels and Subh.

Then the usual clowns: CT, VGN, VSN, Orbit, ToF, F-Crew, xVx, Omen and all the rest (those ones I just took off the top of my head).

Then Ascendancy (category of its own).

Neither destiny nor omen will be playing next round. Wolfpack, angels and CT will almost certainly be the primary alliances going for the victory. With VGN losing gosu I can't see them packing as much of a punch this round however VGN, subh, ND (they're probably border-line competing for the first spot), vision, ToF and xVx all have the potential to be involved in any political schemes and gain a few places from them but I'd find it hard to see one of them in the top spot come the end of the round. At this point I can't imagine any blocks are firmly set in stone but if one of the first three alliances starts making some moves in some way it could prompt some action beyond tentative talks about possible actions and reactions during the round to take place. Ascendancy will surprise everyone with our awesome military power and diabolical plotting. Unless PA still happens past ten. That's our bedtime.

Bane 26 Mar 2007 19:01

Yeah I was just listing alliances then you guys can take them and any other alliances to make your predictions.

SkyHead 26 Mar 2007 20:10

Subh\VgN engaging war against CTs supremacy, who will later block with Angels because they can't hold the pressure. Which is after Angels picked some free roids from CT due to them being attacked either way.
Later Subh\VgN block ceases to exist, due to Angels more or less fencing their way to #1 (if they manage to get more players) - CT and Subh will go against Angels, and CT will manage to win the round on a political victory.

Caj 26 Mar 2007 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane

Destiny will not be playing round 21 - due to reasons im not going into in public :) But Destiny will be back

Bane 26 Mar 2007 20:50

Everyone gang up on Ascendancy! JBG's prediction scares me :/

If Destiny comes back, don't accept Mek, why? Well, no reason.

Virall 26 Mar 2007 21:45

Isnt it a bit early to start talking bollocks about alliance relationships?

Might just be me... :/

Allfather 26 Mar 2007 23:31

For those of us who has been around awhile: we all know that alliances that stick around for a while normally "group" officially or not.

hylands 27 Mar 2007 00:06

jonnyBgood, first of all a nice view on the part of alliances competing for #1 yes alot of them are out there. allthough u made 1 small mistake. vgn didn't lose gosu. the fact that some of the members won't play is something else. but that doesn't mean vgn had a good round just for having gosu. it was a overall effort. all members did they're part. dc's did theyre best and hc's gave all they could. but i aint saying that gosu didn't help VGN in getting 3rd ofcourse they we're a factor. i hope vgn has a good round 21 and hope to return in r22. n00blands is taking a round off so stupidity aint a factor anymore within the vgn hc :-D

JonnyBGood 27 Mar 2007 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by hylands
jonnyBgood, first of all a nice view on the part of alliances competing for #1 yes alot of them are out there. allthough u made 1 small mistake. vgn didn't lose gosu. the fact that some of the members won't play is something else. but that doesn't mean vgn had a good round just for having gosu. it was a overall effort. all members did they're part. dc's did theyre best and hc's gave all they could. but i aint saying that gosu didn't help VGN in getting 3rd ofcourse they we're a factor. i hope vgn has a good round 21 and hope to return in r22. n00blands is taking a round off so stupidity aint a factor anymore within the vgn hc :-D

I'm sure they did and it is no slight on you but it does remain that every alliance struggles to reach the same levels after losing a number of good members. PA is very much a numbers game if you want to hit the #1 alliance spot.

PS Is skyhead really CT HC heh?

aNgRyDuCk 27 Mar 2007 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
PS Is skyhead really CT HC heh?

no, no idea what his forum sig means or what he intends to accomplish, but he has no connection to CT, let alone CT HC

.Disc. 27 Mar 2007 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allfather
Atm I'm clueless to who's allied with whom, and why, but i always find these blocks interesting cause it can result in backstabbing, something i enjoy on a grand scale.

As i have not heard about 99% of the new (to me at least) alliances in the game, i want people to fill me in on who you think will put their large arses together to fight the evil other side in their browser!

I'm still trying to think if this is the quickest anyone has posted about next round policies so far away from a round.

For starters, no1 knows for 100% sure which alliances are playing.
Secondly, you might get a few ppl napping at start of the round just to get a good foot hold in the game, but i very much doubt alliance HC are planning there way to the political win so soon. If so then i doubt that alliance will win, as HC are best off planning there political situations as the round commences so they can see which route is best to take.

Lastly, we have not had blocks in this game for years, and in the current climate, i do not think we will. Being in blocks means that 3 or so alliances come together to fight good against evil or however u look at it, and for them to win they have to work together, stick to the task at hand, and be gracious when they loose or if their other block alliance gets top spot, in todays climate every1 is out to win for themselves, they 2 fleet attack every night, only keeping 3rd ship slot open to run if they do not get defence that they dont deserve anyway, and they moan when they dont, when infact every other alliance member is exactly like themselves. The fact Caj got owned end of round was purely because of this, to help very few people, DeloS etc, with his shitty fleet he couldnt even defend his alliance, so he 3 fleeted every night, crashing for XP!

So no, No Blocks

.Disc. 27 Mar 2007 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allfather
For those of us who has been around awhile: we all know that alliances that stick around for a while normally "group" officially or not.

Yes.... because ND and Omen love eachother. Idiot

.Disc. 27 Mar 2007 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by hylands

I personally think u would of done better without Gosu, u could of got 1st/2nd if Gosu members didnt have side issues. Instead u were 10mill off the pace of 2nd place. Not sure how you did so badly last 2 days, but it wasnt pretty

JonnyBGood 27 Mar 2007 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Disc.
The fact Caj got owned end of round was purely because of this, to help very few people, DeloS etc, with his shitty fleet he couldnt even defend his alliance, so he 3 fleeted every night, crashing for XP!

I am having genuine difficulty understanding this. Caj got owned, because nobody sends defence, so delos could win by xp-whoring because that was his only option not having a good fleet?

lokken 27 Mar 2007 10:13

Quote:

The fact Caj got owned end of round was purely because of this, to help very few people, DeloS etc, with his shitty fleet he couldnt even defend his alliance, so he 3 fleeted every night, crashing for XP!

I was really disappointed when DeLoS couldn't send me defence. :(

Heartless 27 Mar 2007 10:28

I predict that beer, bbq and sleep are going to block against ascendancy again.

.Disc. 27 Mar 2007 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I am having genuine difficulty understanding this. Caj got owned, because nobody sends defence, so delos could win by xp-whoring because that was his only option not having a good fleet?

I apologise, its very early!

What i mean to say is, Caj (the real winner of the round) got owned by lots of people, he got owned to help Delos and his bunch of XP whores win the round, which Delos didnt deserve. DeloS didnt deserve to win because he had no value, and therefore was not an alliance player, couldnt even cover a defence call.

Veil05 27 Mar 2007 10:54

Quote:

What i mean to say is, Caj (the real winner of the round) got owned by lots of people, he got owned to help Delos and his bunch of XP whores win the round, which Delos didnt deserve. DeloS didnt deserve to win because he had no value, and therefore was not an alliance player, couldnt even cover a defence call.

So because someone isnt in a major alliance they dont deserve to win? tard.

JonnyBGood 27 Mar 2007 10:55

Quote:

And drug-filled judging by the rest of your post.

qebab 27 Mar 2007 10:59

Quote:

Wait.

Caj got owned by DeLoS' friends so DeLoS could win without being defended. He had support without being an alliance player, and therefore didn't deserve to win? How is that different from tons of previous roundwinners being defsoaks and getting their every call covered without sending defense? The only difference, the way I see it, is that DeLoS had his support attack people (therefore also benefitting themselves) instead of be ready to defend him on every incoming. What you are saying is completely meaningless.

Heartless 27 Mar 2007 11:41

Quote:

the real winner of the round

Whatever kind of pills you're taking, I want some of them as well. What rankings did Caj come first on?

ComradeRob 27 Mar 2007 11:44

Quote:

DeloS didnt deserve to win because he had no value, and therefore was not an alliance player

As HC (for what it's worth) of the alliance in question, I say: **** you.

.Disc. 27 Mar 2007 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComradeRob
As HC (for what it's worth) of the alliance in question, I say: **** you.

it started off well, and i'll tell you what its worth, **** all.

.Disc. 27 Mar 2007 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartless
Whatever kind of pills you're taking, I want some of them as well. What rankings did Caj come first on?

The fact he played the best game, how it should be played, you didn't see Caj setting up attacks on #2 planet to get further infront, and he came top10, considering u lot fc him, he did well, and he didnt even run his fleet, which he could of done, unlike some VGN nubs i hear about

`mac^ 27 Mar 2007 11:55

Word has it that DeLoS won last round. So imo he played the best round, the way a 7 week round was meant to be played.

JonnyBGood 27 Mar 2007 12:05

Quote:

The fact he played the best game, how it should be played

Personally I still pretend all my ships have multiple targetting and play my round based on that

Quote:

you didn't see Caj setting up attacks on #2 planet to get further infront, and he came top10
Didn't caj break the NAP with vgn in order to roid some gosu planet? Also caj quite frequently hit the xp planets competing with him, svenn, delos and alki all definitely got incs off him at some point. It's not like you needed to set up an attack to get roids off most of them heh.

Quote:

considering u lot fc him, he did well, and he didnt even run his fleet, which he could of done, unlike some VGN nubs i hear about
No, that spend was a poor decision which I imagine even caj acknowledges. And not running your fleet due to falling asleep or whatever it was is not the sign of a good player.

Between not getting top planet, top gal or top alliance I'm eagerly awaiting further reasoning as to how caj played the best game. Was he perchance also playing tiddlywinks at the same time?

furball 27 Mar 2007 12:07

Quote:

The fact he played the best game, how it should be played, you didn't see Caj setting up attacks on #2 planet to get further infront,

Oh noes, an attack on a top 10 planet, whatever next :crymeariver:

Disc, you're making absolutely no sense at all. DeLoS played the most effective game by getting players to help him to get to number 1, partly through good XP-whoring, partly through their defence of him (whether he asked for it or not). His decision not to upgrade his planet undoubtedly helped in this - because of the symbolism of a free planet winning the round.

ComradeRob 27 Mar 2007 13:06

Quote:

Firstly, this would only be relevant for alliances which have defence calls. Secondly, whether or not a person plays for the benefit of their alliance is a matter for the alliance to decide. Your opinion is entirely irrelevant. Hence my '**** you', for your presumption that we should care about your opinion.

Quote:

The fact he played the best game, how it should be played, you didn't see Caj setting up attacks on #2 planet to get further infront, and he came top10, considering u lot fc him, he did well, and he didnt even run his fleet, which he could of done, unlike some VGN nubs i hear about

The fact that Caj didn't set up attacks on the #2 is an example of precisely why he didn't win. Planetarion is supposed to be a war game, in which players attempt to maximise their own scores at the expense of others. For Caj the calculation must have been something like this: "I'm ahead by just enough that I can win without taking any risks". Therefore he decided to try to coast in at the end, without losing any roids and without attempting to eliminate any of his rivals. As a result, there were plenty of people who stood to gain from his defeat, and they made sure that he lost. If Caj had struck first, by fleet-catching his rivals or ensuring that his lead was larger, then he probably would have won. Being #1 is about being the meanest, baddest bastard in the universe, the guy everyone is afraid of. Caj didn't inspire that fear in anyone.

Mortal 27 Mar 2007 14:20

I hate that some ppl say that Caj is real winner etc shit. Real winner is player who have biggest score when round ends and that was Delos this round. And it was delos own choise to go xp whore, everyone can do it if they want.

Caj 27 Mar 2007 14:30

ROUND IS OVER!

This thread is about next round :(

Plz stick to topic.

DeLoS won, I lost, end of discussion people. :<

Bane 27 Mar 2007 14:44

I think all the predictions about alliances now will be wrong. Sucks dun it? :/

Zirikk 27 Mar 2007 16:12

Quote:

The fact he played the best game, how it should be played

No he didn't. If he had, he would have won. Simple :)
His planet wasn't even highest valued.

Kargool 27 Mar 2007 18:12

Well, I will be playing (hears the gnarling of teeths and the outcries for justice from some of the readers) and so will TGV, TGV has had a slight tendency to inactivity the last round due to its two main HCs being busy with RL but things are looking up and activity will be back to normal.

TGV will not be part of any blocks that may or may not form until it is proven without a dobut that it has benefits for our alliance. Anyone who just enters a block because they think that is the object of the game should do a search for wakeys post and read them all as punishment for their lack of tactics.

Jonas 27 Mar 2007 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartless
I predict that beer, bbq and sleep are going to block against ascendancy again.

I'm willing to join that fight just for the salvage!

M0shy 27 Mar 2007 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caj
ROUND IS OVER!

This thread is about next round :(

Plz stick to topic.

Finally some sense in an unsensible thread :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by kargool
Well, I will be playing (hears the gnarling of teeths and the outcries for justice from some of the readers) and so will TGV

Anyone want to join the block against kargool? :P

Gio2k 28 Mar 2007 00:20

Delos won, but only bc he was donated above the #2 planet. So, whatever.
And I hope at some point they adjust scoring so that your fleets contribution to the score can't be lost, just like XP.

Kargool 28 Mar 2007 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0shy

Pfft, you love me and you know it.

jerome 28 Mar 2007 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio2k
Delos won, but only bc he was donated above the #2 planet. So, whatever.

he would've won either way :)

Veedeejem! 28 Mar 2007 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0shy

Don't tempt me into playing M0shy!

SteInMetz 28 Mar 2007 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caj

I lost aswell :(

qebab 30 Mar 2007 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteInMetz
I lost aswell :(

I bet that I lost worse than you did. We should both blame jer.

BloodyButcher 30 Mar 2007 08:53

Im sure i would have lost more if i had signed up

noah02 3 Apr 2007 03:11

I am having a NAP on my bed shortley its getting late.

Assassin 4 Apr 2007 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by noah02
I am having a NAP on my bed shortley its getting late.

lol can always count on noah for the amusement ;)