Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You know your glad to not be black... (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=182931)

G.K Zhukov 20 Jan 2005 14:52

You know your glad to not be black...

when this things happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4190965.stm

Phang 20 Jan 2005 14:56

Re: You know your glad to not be black...

that's absolutely disgusting. The fact that, not only are ****s like this cops, not only did they get to file this suit, but they even WON...damn i hate being american.

Mek 20 Jan 2005 15:03

Quote:

He claimed Mr Jackson had grabbed his testicles - though that was not visible on the videotape.
rofl

but seriosly, that award of money is ridiculous

Dante Hicks 20 Jan 2005 15:05

The headline figures in such cases are generally highly misleading since they could include legal fees etc.

Ninja_spammer 20 Jan 2005 15:17

Dont see the problem if the officers claims are true.

Then again they are white Police officers thus they must be lying.

Knight Theamion 20 Jan 2005 15:34

it's a bit silly (the ammount of money involved)

melandron 20 Jan 2005 15:37

perhaps... rather than awarding him damages, the black officer who was suppoedly treated less harshly should be punished in accordance with the other officers, therfore not admonishing their actions but making it less discriminatory.

Deepflow 20 Jan 2005 15:46

on the other hand, perhaps the kid DID grab his balls...

Lupin 20 Jan 2005 16:37

a couple of police officers vs one 16 year old boy.

why does it matter if he grabbed is balls!?!

Ninja_spammer 20 Jan 2005 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin
a couple of police officers vs one 16 year old boy.

why does it matter if he grabbed is balls!?!

Because that is assault and resisting arrest.

Maybe he wasn't going for his balls, maybe he was going for his gun.

Either way it warrants an officer using additional force to subdue the suspect.

Zar 20 Jan 2005 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phang
damn i hate being american.

you're american?

Yahwe 20 Jan 2005 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
it's a bit silly (the ammount of money involved)

america is the only western country to sill use juries to assess damages.

hence america has silly amounts.

Tactitus 20 Jan 2005 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
america is the only western country to sill use juries to assess damages.

hence america has silly amounts.

And the amounts often get reduced on appeal.

Yahwe 20 Jan 2005 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactitus
And the amounts often get reduced on appeal.

which is silly.

Nodrog 20 Jan 2005 17:15

The only disgusting thing here is that the lawsuits are classed as 'reverse' discrmination.

Lupin 20 Jan 2005 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja_spammer

sure, but hell there is something called common-sense. no need to beat the dude, especially not in that way. (and be awarded for such actions is purley pathetic, if i understood the bbc-text correctly)

Quote:

lol?

Quote:

with no limits? this boy was 16 and not trained in self-defence.

Leshy 20 Jan 2005 18:18

I like the fact how the netto end result is that the policemen who beat up a black child are now reasonably wealthy.

Ninja_spammer 20 Jan 2005 18:23

Ever bene grabbed nice and hard by the balls?

Its a relatively incapacitating move....kinda thing you might want to do if you want to get away from the police.

Check out the other links from that story, some of them include other information such as the 'fact' that the innocent young man attacked the officers before they were filmed..

But then again they are police officers so obviously they must be lying, racist scum and we should never believe a word they say unless their black.

skiddy 20 Jan 2005 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leshy
I like the fact how the netto end result is that the policemen who beat up a black child are now reasonably wealthy.

Because beating up black children is Scandinavian for value?

Lupin 20 Jan 2005 18:29

this is not my point.

my point is the police stepped over a certain barrier which they shouldnt have done. and be awared for this is deeply pathetic.

Ste 20 Jan 2005 18:43

Quote:

Ever bene grabbed nice and hard by the balls?

Its a relatively incapacitating move....kinda thing you might want to do if you want to get away from the police.

Check out the other links from that story, some of them include other information such as the 'fact' that the innocent young man attacked the officers before they were filmed..

Having seen it on the news it had been a car chase, they'd pulled him out of the car and about 5 policemen were standing round him. they'd put the cuffs on him and were holding him over the bonnet of the car when one officer starts punching the guys head and the other officers stop him.
He didn't really have any chance of getting away.

Kurashima 20 Jan 2005 19:20

This is why i have freely acknowledged that the world is heading towards destruction, since every single vestige of humanity in the world is slowly being removed by the lawyers sueing everyone and anyone that they can.

Eventually, when the Lawyers have all the money, theyll turn on each other. And out of the ashes will come a "super Lawyer" to whom all others will bow down, and acknowledge as the one true god.

I anticipate this happening within my lifespan, hence im saving up my cash to hire Idler to deliver a killshot from about a mile away once this being emerges.

Tomkat 20 Jan 2005 20:05

Oh, what it is to be the white man oppressing the negroes. It's a fine world we live in. Hooray!

Ärketrollmannen 20 Jan 2005 20:17

Quote:

Did you see the video? It was on the news a couple of years back.

He had no change of getting away, it didn't seem like he had any chance of taking a officer down.

If he did resist arrest then he should be arrested and brought to court for it, he shouldn't be beaten.

Boogster 20 Jan 2005 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiddy
Because beating up black children is Scandinavian for value?

Rofl. :D

JonnyBGood 21 Jan 2005 00:01

Why didn't they just fire the black guy instead of giving people money for committing a crime? :confused:

Ärketrollmannen 21 Jan 2005 00:07

On the video he didn't do anything but he didn't STOP them either. So he should obviously be fired. Or at elast warned or whatever.

It feels a bit strange to me that they will receive so much money because their colleauge didn't get fired, especially since they never served any time.

btw in the article the policeofficer is complaining about never being hired again.

I wonder why noone would want to hire him.

cept for a bouncer i guess

Kurashima 21 Jan 2005 00:54

The fact is he is NOT disputing the fact what he did was wrong, and he is NOT disputing the fact he was sacked after a disciplinary hearing.

He is disputing the fact that his black colleague who also assaulted the youth (though not as severely or blatantly) wasnt given the same disciplinary result. He claimed Racial discrimination, and hes absoloutely pissing himself now that he won. Since "unfair dismissal" in the US would have won him **** all, hes now playing the same card that most ambulance chasers play, which is the race card, since its a system without set tariffs, unlike unfair dismissal , where he can only win a couple of multiples of his yearly salary for loss of earnings or similar.

Im sure Yahwe will be happy to confirm that most clients in cases where they sue their employers now are encouraged to play up factors such as sexual or racial discrimination as there is no limit on the payouts which can be achieved for a successful case of this nature.

I am Idler 21 Jan 2005 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurashima
This is why i have freely acknowledged that the world is heading towards destruction, since every single vestige of humanity in the world is slowly being removed by the lawyers sueing everyone and anyone that they can.

Eventually, when the Lawyers have all the money, theyll turn on each other. And out of the ashes will come a "super Lawyer" to whom all others will bow down, and acknowledge as the one true god.

I anticipate this happening within my lifespan, hence im saving up my cash to hire Idler to deliver a killshot from about a mile away once this being emerges.

This wont be a expensive price, of that you can rest assured

Yahwe 21 Jan 2005 00:55

Quote:

Im sure Yahwe will be happy to confirm that most clients in cases where they sue their employers now are encouraged to play up factors such as sexual or racial discrimination as there is no limit on the payouts which can be achieved for a successful case of this nature.

no.

Kurashima 21 Jan 2005 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
no.

No youre not happy to say this, or no, you dont believe this is a prevalent attitude within your profession?

Marilyn Manson 21 Jan 2005 01:01

You have to pay lawyers to represent you, Kura.

Yahwe 21 Jan 2005 01:02

Quote:

No youre not happy to say this, or no, you dont believe this is a prevalent attitude within your profession?

allow me to explain.

Quote:

Im sure Yahwe will be happy

i am not.

Quote:

to confirm that most clients in cases where they sue their employers now are encouraged to play up factors such as sexual or racial discrimination

they are not and if you know of a specific example you should contact the relevant regulatory body to initiate disciplinary action.

Quote:

as there is no limit on the payouts which can be achieved for a successful case of this nature.

there are limits. quite low ones actually.

hence my original 'no'

roadrunner_0 21 Jan 2005 19:22

the payout depends on far too many factors to just be able to say that there is no limit

demiGOD 22 Jan 2005 03:36

ive seen the video and those dumb little piece of shit cops deserve those charges.. the white cop was charged more because he literally beat that little black kid more than the black cop.. besides.. i ****ing hate cops.. ill shoot a bunch of them in their heads if i can get away with it :mad:

Ste 22 Jan 2005 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by demiGOD
i ****ing hate cops.. ill shoot a bunch of them in their heads if i can get away with it :mad:

And that'd make law and order so much better :rolleyes:

Kurashima 22 Jan 2005 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
And that'd make law and order so much better :rolleyes:

I dunno , the last series wasnt too bad, but the show could so with a cop killer being on the loose i suppose.