Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sony Ericsson K800i (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193707)

Mistwraith 1 Feb 2007 20:12

Sony Ericsson K800i

Anyone got one .. i was shown in the mobi shop today with opera .. is it any good for playing pa ?

I thought about a blackberry but thats £16 on top of the contract for net stuff plus paying £50 for the phone (i'm upgrading on orange) per month so sod that for a game of soldiers.

anyone asking why orange which i know are one of the more expensive options .. its cos O2 and vodaphone have sucky reception in my work places.

i cant find a nokia atm that has option to put a web browser on it .. if you know of one pls say, i'd much prefer to stay with nokia.

Mistwraith 1 Feb 2007 20:21

Re: Sony Ericsson K800i

ok just been told nokia N80

Knight Theamion 1 Feb 2007 20:48

never ever buy sony ericsson

jerome 1 Feb 2007 20:51

any sony ericsson with that ********ing circular joystick thingy is definitely not worth thinking about twice

Knight Theamion 1 Feb 2007 20:52

actually buy any nokia with symbian60 or one of the new ones with windows mobile and put a 1 GB card or more in it, maybe combine it with a portable usb cardreader and you are good to go for the coming 4 years.

KoeN 1 Feb 2007 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistwraith
i cant find a nokia atm that has option to put a web browser on it ..

this may sound like a simple question to many of you, as phones with these kind of options are pretty much standard now but: why oh why would you want a telephone to browse the web with?

All Systems Go 1 Feb 2007 21:16

so you can refresh GD even when you're on the go?

Mistwraith 1 Feb 2007 21:35

So basically searching the net .. Nokia N95

All Systems Go 1 Feb 2007 21:44

there are so many of these threads. Can't we have a subforum* for them?

*or autoban, either way I'm not bothered

Mistwraith 1 Feb 2007 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Systems Go
there are so many of these threads. Can't we have a subforum* for them?

*or autoban, either way I'm not bothered

thats actually not a bad idea .. subforum .. not ban ;P

pig 1 Feb 2007 21:51

I have a motorola krazr

the blue shiny one.

I downloaded opera for it, and pa on it works fine.

Not only that but you can store 500 plus messages, it looks wicked and is nice small and thin.

Do it!

Buy it!

Incidentally you can download opera for most phones I think (I believe they need java, not too sure)

However Blasto is the best guy to ask

roadrunner_0 2 Feb 2007 00:21

i wouldnt have a motorola phone given, in fact, i wouldnt even accept money to use one

Phalon 2 Feb 2007 00:38

I'd rather be beaten to death by a black man's cock wrapped in sand paper than use a Motorola.

Blastoderm 2 Feb 2007 00:46

Sony Ericsson K800i is so over-rated. It's not worth it... unless you want the camera features on it.

You're better off either with the Sony Ericsson P990i or W950i OR Nokia N73 or N95*.

The Sony Ericsson handsets have Opera 8.0 or 8.5 built in. I'm not sure about the Nokia but they also have a very good browser (just not a big screen like the SE).

Demon Dave 2 Feb 2007 02:56

Nokia N series phones come with Opera also

r2baz 3 Feb 2007 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistwraith
anyone asking why orange which i know are one of the more expensive options .. its cos O2 and vodaphone have sucky reception in my work places.

Whats the web package you are getting with Orange like? This is gonna sound like a sales pitch but T-Mobile (I just bought from them) are doing a package for £7.50 a month and you get absolutely hodloads of mb for your money.

Whats the deal with Orange?

Hebdomad 3 Feb 2007 10:56

I have the w80i and it's nice except the ---ing head-phone connector breaks after a while. This also happened with a couple of my friends' Sony Ericsson phones. Being as playing mp3s was the only reason I bought the phone, and you can only buy proper connectors from Sony Ericsson, this means Sony Ericsson are completely and utter bastards.

_Kila_ 3 Feb 2007 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig
nice small and thin.

In contrast to you!

Nadar 3 Feb 2007 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerome
any sony ericsson with that ********ing circular joystick thingy is definitely not worth thinking about twice

Why not? I got the same joystick on my old K700i and it's been working like a charm for two years now.

Knight Theamion 3 Feb 2007 13:31

Fact remains that you only use Sony Ericsson if you do not know how it could be.

Nadar 3 Feb 2007 14:07

I don't need a lot of fancy stuff on my phone as long as I can call and text people.

Knight Theamion 3 Feb 2007 19:20

that's the whole idea, the sony ericsson works disintiutively....

BesigedB 3 Feb 2007 20:17

Some settings are hidden in stupid menus but I've had a k750 for ages and think it's just right. The thing I use the most is actually the calendar / planner.

Dante Hicks 3 Feb 2007 20:27

The last couple of phones I've had have been Sony Ericssons. I've had no problem with the joystick although I'm ambivalent about the menu system generally. I suspect these issues are much more important if you use your phone a lot. I don't.

Although...one thing that does annoy me (and not just about this phone) is the way memory seems to be allocated. I have say 20MB free on the phone memory but I cannot store any more texts. Why? Why isn't it shared memory, or at least giving me the option of moving things onto the phones memor or SD card or whatever? Bah.

Madina 4 Feb 2007 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn
- it tries to connect to the internet everytime you touch it

Goto the SE site and search for SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) and update to the newest firmware.

Problem solved

Blastoderm 5 Feb 2007 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madina
Goto the SE site and search for SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) and update to the newest firmware.

Problem solved

I tried explaining that to a customer today. She wasn't having none of it and insisted that she wants her contracts cancelled.

Which we couldn't as it was outside of 14 days.

Despite she bought the same handset as me (SE P990i).

All Systems Go 5 Feb 2007 11:22

Maybe she was just looking for an excuse.

Madina 5 Feb 2007 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I tried explaining that to a customer today. She wasn't having none of it and insisted that she wants her contracts cancelled.

Which we couldn't as it was outside of 14 days.

Despite she bought the same handset as me (SE P990i).

I don't tend to mention it to customers as I know they will just ring the store and expect me to provide a step-by-step over the phone.

Mushroom 5 Feb 2007 13:52

I'm rather fond of my K800i, I guess it just depends what you want it for.
If you never use the camera on your phone it's probably not the phone for you.

I got one last year to replace my aging T610 which was developing problems with its joysticky thing, but only after a good few years of use. Other than that, I've never had a problem with Sony Ericsson.

Blastoderm 5 Feb 2007 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madina
I don't tend to mention it to customers as I know they will just ring the store and expect me to provide a step-by-step over the phone.

I only mention it for the P990i when they come back complaining about their glitches.