Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   r10 beta signups (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=166938)

das_experiment 12 Jul 2003 20:58

r10 beta signups

Lo, i would just wondering if one could soon get some more info about these.

Spinner said last at last CH that they would be out in a week(last monday), but its now 5 days past days, and yes i know hes been on holiday.

But will they open soon ???????

D_E

The_Fish 12 Jul 2003 22:08

the first beta is invite only.

das_experiment 12 Jul 2003 22:59

he said he would post info on forums, and people could sign up

<@Spinner> In a week from now, we will start the testing of rd 10
<@Spinner> Info on how to apply etc will be posted on the forums
<@Spinner> portal, sorry
<@Spinner> The initial test will have about 100 people in it, give or take a bunch
<@Spinner> And people who just want to see it, not test with dedication, no need to apply

Morden 12 Jul 2003 23:21

<@Spinner> In a week from now, we will start the testing of rd 10
<@Spinner> Info on how to apply etc will be posted on the forums
<@Spinner> portal, sorry
<@Spinner> The initial test will have about 100 people in it, give or take a bunch
<@Spinner> And people who just want to see it, not test with dedication, no need to apply

das_experiment 12 Jul 2003 23:23

ur point being?

The_Fish 12 Jul 2003 23:35

Brick told me it was invite only, theres been a communication mix up somewhere ;)

Morden 12 Jul 2003 23:43

Quote:

Originally posted by das_experiment
ur point being?
Spinner means the initial test will be invite only thus theres no need to apply, after that they will expand it i assume.

King 13 Jul 2003 00:00

Quote:

Originally posted by The_Fish
Brick told me it was invite only, theres been a communication mix up somewhere ;)
Humm weird he didn't tell me that. All i know is the first one will be a few (meaning maybe 100 or so like) and you should check the portal in a few days.

at0mic.c0w 13 Jul 2003 00:01

Quote:

Originally posted by Morden
Spinner means the initial test will be invite only thus theres no need to apply, after that they will expand it i assume.
which log did you read ?

Obliterate 13 Jul 2003 00:39

Quote:

Originally posted by Morden
Spinner means that if you just want to see round 10, and not actually test it then you don't need to apply.

Nowhere in this sentence does it say anything about the beta being invite only.

Morden 13 Jul 2003 00:49

Quote:

Originally posted by Obliterate
Spinner means that if you just want to see round 10, and not actually test it then you don't need to apply.

Nowhere in this sentence does it say anything about the beta being invite only.

depends how you interpret it, as for which logs have i read, none recently as I dont particularly care what happens, i was just bored and browsing the forums, and i expected the starting bit to be rather limited before the large scale testing starts

Scouse 13 Jul 2003 00:59

I assumed early beta would be invite only, as it has usually been in the past.

dabult 13 Jul 2003 01:50

As i read that line, Spinner is hinting that they only wish to have dedicated testers appyling, not wannabe's.

If he means invite only, why not say so?

Tactitus 13 Jul 2003 03:18

Quote:

Originally posted by dabult
As i read that line, Spinner is hinting that they only wish to have dedicated testers appyling, not wannabe's.

Spinner say what he means?

Spinner mean what he says?

The mind boggles! :D

Scoot951 13 Jul 2003 04:07

Quote:

Originally posted by dabult

Yup, that's what he said at least.

Doesn't tell us when to expect more info tho...

Doorsdown 13 Jul 2003 05:45

any one got a clue as to how people will be picked?

Dreadnought 13 Jul 2003 07:14

Quote:

Originally posted by Doorsdown
any one got a clue as to how people will be picked?
You have to be in RaH

or bum buddies with the Petru and Avie Maffia

das_experiment 13 Jul 2003 08:41

Quote:

Originally posted by Dreadnought
You have to be in RaH

or bum buddies with the Petru and Avie Maffia

i thought that was all in the past :P

Argilus 13 Jul 2003 13:57

guess all u need is make sure people got a good impression of u in earlier beta's if u joined those that helps a lot i supopse ;)

das_experiment 13 Jul 2003 14:13

Quote:

Originally posted by Argilus
guess all u need is make sure people got a good impression of u in earlier beta's if u joined those that helps a lot i supopse ;)
that brings us back to the posts above..

LFFPicard 13 Jul 2003 15:10

well i for one have been in about 4-5previous beta's all invite only..

and i have not been invited for this, mind u my offer for help has been ignored for the last few rounds..

but from what was said in CH i assumed it was a pubplic beta that could be applied for and 100or so picked to actually be in it..

but thats how i understood it..

LFFPicard

das_experiment 13 Jul 2003 20:33

I hope spinner will give us more info on 2moros CH :(

Forest 13 Jul 2003 20:39

Two betas.

One has started/is starting and involves pa-team only.

The second one we are still waiting for information on.

I believe that it is gonna be vERY dodgy anyway, with the way pa is changing, as many ppl will join just to report back to there alilance and get a headstart.

das_experiment 13 Jul 2003 20:42

Quote:

Originally posted by Forest

I believe that it is gonna be vERY dodgy anyway, with the way pa is changing, as many ppl will join just to report back to there alilance and get a headstart.

pretty much every1 does that

i wouldnt, but i can understand how dumb that sounds :P

Mit 13 Jul 2003 20:46

The first test, is indeed private, invite only... but shortly after that one has been completed. The full open public Beta will begin. I don't know exactly when, but instructions will be on the portal - keep ur eyes on teh portal.

das_experiment 13 Jul 2003 20:50

Quote:

Originally posted by Mit
The first test, is indeed private, invite only... but shortly after that one has been completed. The full open public Beta will begin. I don't know exactly when, but instructions will be on the portal - keep ur eyes on teh portal.

Then spinner should learn how to get understood when writing english :P

Cuz often he means other things than he says.

Forest 13 Jul 2003 21:23

Quote:

Then spinner should learn how to get understood when writing english :P

Cuz often he means other things than he says.

Nope he always means what he says, he just never manages to stick to what he says :)

Fifth_teletubbie 13 Jul 2003 21:39

Quote:

Nope he always means what he says, he just never manages to stick to what he says :)

That reminds me of someone

dabult 13 Jul 2003 22:00

Quote:

Correction; He always means what he says, but he never manages to say what he means :D

Forest 13 Jul 2003 22:02

Quote:

Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
That reminds me of someone
Bitchy

RealJames 13 Jul 2003 22:41

Quote:

Originally posted by Mit
I love you Mit! ;)

das_experiment 14 Jul 2003 10:55

SPINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT ON R10 BETA ON PORTAL

:(

hope its not the usual power hundry morons thats been selected this time too

SORRY FOR PASTING IN WRONG URL DREAD :|

Argilus 14 Jul 2003 11:15

hope im one of the unknowing yets still :P

Dreadnought 14 Jul 2003 12:09

Quote:

http://jpaweb01.planetarion.com/login.fcg?rn=1025255162

:(

hope its not the usual power hundry morons thats been selected this time too

You know thats the pa login page

I suggest you use the "preview reply" button in future.

das_experiment 21 Jul 2003 23:01

Well, they managed to invite half the noobs i know playing p.a

wtg

i thought u werent looking for inactives

Hicks 21 Jul 2003 23:50

Quote:

One has started/is starting and involves pa-team only.

Get a bunch of people who've never really played the game at a decent level to test it, unfortunately it could only happen in Planetarion.

Mit 21 Jul 2003 23:55

Quote:

Well, they managed to invite half the noobs i know playing p.a

wtg

i thought u werent looking for inactives

i believe its called getting a mix of users... don't forget, this game isn't soly aimed at all the '1337 vets'. Support and comments from complete beginners is very useful to the development of a new game, just as much, if not more so from the more experienced players. After all, whats the use of trying to get fresh blood into the game, if they can't understand it.

das_experiment 21 Jul 2003 23:57

Quote:

Originally posted by Mit
i believe its called getting a mix of users... don't forget, this game isn't soly aimed at all the '1337 vets'. Support and comments from complete beginners is very useful to the development of a new game, just as much, if not more so from the more experienced players. After all, whats the use of trying to get fresh blood into the game, if they can't understand it.
All of them has played planetarion for several rounds, my concern is that they are NOT ACTIVE AT ALL.

edit: i see now that 'noobs' might be a bad word for it, its people who cant give a fk, and just play to try it.

Mit 21 Jul 2003 23:59

Quote:

All of them has played planetarion for several rounds, my concern is that they are NOT ACTIVE AT ALL.

edit: i see now that 'noobs' might be a bad word for it, its people who cant give a fk, and just play to try it.

i know for a fact, taht not ALL have played before. One of them is my m8 who's never seen PA before (other than when he's been here and i've logged in)

The_Fish 22 Jul 2003 00:06

Quote:

Originally posted by Hicks
Get a bunch of people who've never really played the game at a decent level to test it, unfortunately it could only happen in Planetarion.
but I'm testing :(

oh :(

:D

das_experiment 22 Jul 2003 08:34

Ive seen most of the people playing beta now, and some alliances are a 'bit' more represented than others.

Hope this wont give them advantages in the coming round.

Kal 22 Jul 2003 10:27

In that us beta tester's arn't allowed to say anything to anyone (i'm assuming until the public beta starts) there will be no advantages.... assumign we are all honest. Although of course if an alliance had multiple testers they could all talk to each other. But with a lot of features stil noty finshed and some disabled I doubt we would get any real advantage. The public beta wil be the key one for allainces to try and get lots of people into so they can start to learn the game. But still even then they only want people who will test rather than look, so I hope the pa team are good in monitoring their testers to make sure they arn;t just playing to get info.

das_experiment 22 Jul 2003 11:53

As far as i have understood there will be be ny public beta.

It will only be the 2 weeks of free game, at the start of rnd 10, in which the betatesters will prolly get big advantages over every1 else.

hyfe 22 Jul 2003 12:32

Quote:

It will only be the 2 weeks of free game, at the start of rnd 10, in which the betatesters will prolly get big advantages over every1 else.

thats ridiculous..

especially considering that from various alliances there are usually a couple of clued-in people who generally give tactical advice to the rest; as most people really can't be arsed.. Those alliances which have their key-players inside the beta will gain *alot*...

if the documentation is as poor and illegible as usual its almost enough to make me not bothering to play the round :(

Leshy 22 Jul 2003 13:16

Quote:

There will be.

Kal 22 Jul 2003 13:19

I was under the impression that there would be a wider more public beta after this inital one.

das_experiment 22 Jul 2003 13:25

Quote:

Originally posted by KalVirtus
I was under the impression that there would be a wider more public beta after this inital one.
seems there will be

im still critical to letting in 9 virus people(with dodgy playing ability\activity), and next to noone from anywhere else(cept various branches of p.a team).

hyfe 22 Jul 2003 13:48

Quote:

seems there will be

im still critical to letting in 9 virus people(with dodgy playing ability\activity), and next to noone from anywhere else(cept various branches of p.a team).

they need all the advantages they can get ;)

Leshy 22 Jul 2003 13:50

Quote:

A good few of them were at i16 and hence get to test the beta. There was no particular bias in selecting other applicants, towards Virus or anyone else.

das_experiment 22 Jul 2003 13:58

Quote:

Originally posted by Leshy
A good few of them were at i16 and hence get to test the beta. There was no particular bias in selecting other applicants, towards Virus or anyone else.

Ok, so gemz\yeggs were at i16, but most of the others Virus`s were not at i16.

Its natural that some virus`s was picked(A2 and Mit were members be4 it was told that no p.a team members can be in an ally).

And i still fail to see why i16 people got in, would be better if they also let in the top3 gals from TG, players who is atleast active and can help in a way.