Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   xVx #1..... impressive (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197853)

Dogs 21 May 2009 18:13

xVx #1..... impressive

I didnt ever expect to see it, now unless things change since i have posted this thread then i was wrong. But can xVx now hold the spot???

Linkie 21 May 2009 18:31

Re: xVx #1..... impressive

Yes, they can. But them getting #1 has been coming for a couple of days.

Kargool 21 May 2009 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogsGrowl (Post 3174793)
I didnt ever expect to see it, now unless things change since i have posted this thread then i was wrong. But can xVx now hold the spot???

Calling it impressive is just like saying that a republican candidate winning Alaska is a surprise.

gzambo 21 May 2009 20:08

Depends , last time they were ranked #1 rock took them down but they didnt have cardi and the ldk bg the last time , also a lot will depend on how the rank whores in the bg's react they may view xvx as softer targets than asc with higher gains from xvx

CBA 21 May 2009 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool (Post 3174801)
Calling it impressive is just like saying that a republican candidate winning Alaska is a surprise.

Kargrool dont be a bitter swine all ya life. Well done xVx, they have done well considering the pure shiteness of there previous few rounds performances. Just because Ascendancy are not on top doesn't mean another alliance should not deserve the right to be there!

Although I guess Asc are getting slightly more incommings :(

gzambo 21 May 2009 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3174806)
I guess Asc are getting slightly more incommings :(

Seriously have you ever considered a career in comedy ?

[DW]Entropy 21 May 2009 23:25

The change has begun, they've only been king for a day and they've already got threads being started about them!

Tomkat 21 May 2009 23:40

i heard a rumour that it is xVx's plan to ruin PA for every man woman child and bot

Jonas 22 May 2009 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat (Post 3174831)
i heard a rumour that it is xVx's plan to ruin PA for every man woman child and bot

I heard the same about Asc ;)

I still think Asc will win :(

H1TMANish 22 May 2009 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3174806)
Although I guess Asc are getting slightly more incommings :(

This is true, although all that matters is #1 at the end of play. Anything else is irrelevant.

Can they hold it? Perhaps. We all know how fickle the world of spreadsheet politics is.

[Edit] Spelling fail.

[ND]Disc 22 May 2009 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo (Post 3174803)
Depends , last time they were ranked #1 rock took them down but they didnt have cardi and the ldk bg the last time , also a lot will depend on how the rank whores in the bg's react they may view xvx as softer targets than asc with higher gains from xvx

You couldn't be more bitter if you tried Gzambo.

"Rank whores in bg's" are the ones that have been taking the fight to Ascendancy, hitting targets with 1.8millish value and 400ish roids, with teamups of 3-4, gaining 30 or 40 roids each! Just for the greater good of the round.

Its not so much that they want good ranks, just when you get a good core of players, rank obviously comes with it (generally). I myself joined DLR because I liked the people, and I wanted a round where I would have people around me who i know I can 100% count on.

I also find it quite hilarious that Ascendancy are classing BG's as "rank whores", seeing as you've recruited about 60 members over the last two rounds who have joined Ascendancy not because they like them, or think theyre uber cool. They've joined them for an easy ride, a haven where they know that they will more than likely get a fair bit of defence, and more than likely finish #1.

Lastly if the "rank whores" in the BG's had any sense, they'd carry on hitting Ascendancy for atleast another week or two. I doubt xVx would target a BG as that would be idiotic and greedy, and I doubt the BGs would p-target xVx any time soon because it would undermine what theyve done this round.

Mzyxptlk 22 May 2009 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ND]Disc (Post 3174870)
Just for the greater good of the round.

Heroes.

Quote:

I also find it quite hilarious that Ascendancy are classing BG's as "rank whores", seeing as you've recruited about 60 members over the last two rounds who have joined Ascendancy not because they like them, or think theyre uber cool. They've joined them for an easy ride, a haven where they know that they will more than likely get a fair bit of defence, and more than likely finish #1.

Thus far, we have kicked exactly one person who emo'd and quit. There isn't a doubt on my mind that we'll lose some more idiots, but 60 is a gross exaggeration.

gzambo 22 May 2009 17:43

Reread what i wrote disc i said the rank whores in the bg's meaning that their are such people within the bg's , i wasnt implying that everyone in the bg's was a rank whore . Ps thanks for exiling me was suprised you would choose to exile someone who deffed ingal but thats your choice

The-One 22 May 2009 18:46

um what's the difference between a BG (battle group?) as compared to an alliance?

also who's cardi / ldk?

[B5]Londo 22 May 2009 19:01

Quote:

"Rank whores in bg's" are the ones that have been taking the fight to Ascendancy, hitting targets with 1.8millish value and 400ish roids, with teamups of 3-4, gaining 30 or 40 roids each! Just for the greater good of the round.

Evil is not a trait unique to Ascendancy
I expect u will find that one hegemon is much the same as another, Asc will be demolished to the point it cant challenge xVx; and then you find urselves in exactly the same position you would have been in had asc won, only the name changes.

Mzyxptlk 22 May 2009 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-One (Post 3174905)
um what's the difference between a BG (battle group?) as compared to an alliance?

There used to be a real difference, but nowadays, in this context, a BG is just a small alliance.

[ND]Disc 22 May 2009 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo (Post 3174890)
Reread what i wrote disc i said the rank whores in the bg's meaning that their are such people within the bg's , i wasnt implying that everyone in the bg's was a rank whore . Ps thanks for exiling me was suprised you would choose to exile someone who deffed ingal but thats your choice

I think you were suggesting that, because it would be quite hard for 2-3 out of 35-40 members to change tactics of a whole BG, and target fat targets.

No problem about the exile. Can't believe you were such a girl, crying because you went onto "wanted" instead of "trusted" for one night while the galaxy had Asc incs, it was only so we could post trusted bcalcs on forums, yet you come along with "i can't believe u dont trust me", no I didn't.

As for mz's "60s a gross exageration". Maybe slightly, but I wouldn't say much. By the way I can think of two people quickly off the top of my head who joined for an easy ride. eksero and reese. During Denial they hated Ascendancy, said you were all a bunch of retards. Whether times have changes or they were just wrong, they are both still with you now. :)

Mzyxptlk 22 May 2009 21:23

Indeed, still with us now. I'll admit you're right as soon as they quit because it's been so hard on us this round. Until then, you're quite premature. We'll speak again at round end, I'll happily tell you how many people emoquit. I'll be surprised if the count passes 10.

Reese 22 May 2009 21:35

People who carry grudges in spread sheet wars are stupid. You "hated" NewDawn, yet still joined there. Venox too. Things change.

[ND]Disc 22 May 2009 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reese (Post 3174941)
People who carry grudges in spread sheet wars are stupid. You "hated" NewDawn, yet still joined there. Venox too. Things change.

NewDawn didn't slag me off and say shit about me though Reese, i remember Ascendancy using very derogatory phrases in their fleet names which you cried about on countless occasions. You emo quit a few times because people from Ascendancy bullied you in channels, so much so that you basically hid in #denial.hc and #denial.priv. So please don't use that you "hated" nd bollocks, you went their for an easy ride, and Asc are annoyed at BGs because we've not given you as easy ride as you hoped at round start, and that makes you angry :)

Reese 22 May 2009 22:29

Unlike now when im in tons of public channels? Gotcha!

Anyway gg xVx.

Vladel 22 May 2009 23:12

disc will always be welcome in ND as long as i am a HC. No one else gets that guarantee!