Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   gadgets for me for xmas (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193209)

starmog 3 Dec 2006 21:03

gadgets for me for xmas

ok xmas comming i dunno what the hell for people to get me, i was thinking cool gadget stuff but dunno what to tell the "rents to get they prob have a total budget of 200 quid to spend allthough a couple presents could be cool....

i was thinking a pda with wifi, but they are all like the 200 quid mark, and that means nothing left extra... any ideas for a 20 year old gadget guy freak?

Yahwe 3 Dec 2006 21:07

Re: gadgets for me for xmas

buy A Bag!!!!

Achilles 4 Dec 2006 05:11

Wrap it around Yahwe's head.

Achilles 4 Dec 2006 05:12

Pull tightly.

Phil^ 4 Dec 2006 05:15

The money. You can then get anything that catches your eye later on

djbass 4 Dec 2006 10:13

I've been oogling at a lot of the cool gadgets over at ThinkGeek lately.

CrashTester 4 Dec 2006 11:32

how about one of those vibrating vagina thingys with ginger hair?

Dante Hicks 4 Dec 2006 11:45

Get a Powerball.

jt25man 4 Dec 2006 12:47

I heard mail-order brides from third world countries is going to be a popular gift this year. But that's not really a gadget.

Hebdomad 4 Dec 2006 13:35

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n12823617

That article was quite good. There's no nice pictures to look at now though (It was originally in the Independent magazine.)

I'd take the money and travel somewhere reasonably local for a break. Edinburgh, Dublin, etc.

pablissimo 4 Dec 2006 13:50

The hell, £200? I'll be happy with a couple pairs of hiking socks and Christmas dinner.

Dead_Meat 4 Dec 2006 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablissimo
The hell, £200? I'll be happy with a couple pairs of hiking socks and Christmas dinner.

If you'd signed up for Secret Santa, you might have got the socks, but oooooooooooooooooh no, you're too GOOD for Secret Santa, aren't you?

I HOPE THE LESSON HAS BEEN LEARNT.

Nadar 4 Dec 2006 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Get a Powerball.

I have one of those. It's fun in the beginning, but now it just lay there collecting dust.

Tactitus 4 Dec 2006 17:16

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a gadget but my daughter would love to have one of these. She will probably have to settle for one of these.

Dead_Meat 4 Dec 2006 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactitus
I'm not sure if it qualifies as a gadget but my daughter would love to have one of these. She will probably have to settle for one of these.

Get her one of these

furball 4 Dec 2006 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactitus

Get her the Harry Potter Nimbus 2000 Vibrating Broomstick. Assuming she's a fan, of course. Popular with all ages.

Tactitus 4 Dec 2006 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Get her one of these

Nice; but I've already promised her she's not getting any more plushies until she culls her (trust me, extensive) collection.

Dead_Meat 4 Dec 2006 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
Get her the Harry Potter Nimbus 2000 Vibrating Broomstick. Assuming she's a fan, of course. Popular with all ages.

Am I some kind of sicko, or does reading a review that says..
Quote:

When my 12 year old daughter asked for this for her birthday, I kind of wondered if she was too old for it, but she seems to LOVE it. Her friends love it too! They play for hours in her bedroom with this great toy. They really seem to like the special effects it offers (the sound effects and vibrating). My oldest daughter (17) really likes it too! I reccomend this for all children.
...suggest that this girl, and her friends, are maybe having a little too much fun with a vibrating stick gripped firmly between their innocent little legs?

Phil^ 4 Dec 2006 18:40

no, you are indeed reading a review which suggests that.

KoeN 4 Dec 2006 19:08

a christmastree.

Entium 4 Dec 2006 19:54

This.

It's just excellent.
You can configure it for every single application. Using Firefox I have history back/forward buttons, next tab/last tab functionality (middle mouse wheel to the right/left), open link in new tab/close tab (push middle wheel), a search Google button, a thumb wheel which opens a pop up where I can switch to any currently running application and a scrolling wheel which, dependent on its spinning speed, continues scrolling or does scroll steps.

Hell, I can use the computer without even moving the mouse!

1-X 4 Dec 2006 20:34

This seems nice...

http://www.gp2x.co.uk/