Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Ascendancy, the future? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197794)

Kargool 4 May 2009 17:22

Ascendancy, the future?

I'm writing this post expecting lots of funny, someone less funny, and someone down right stupid, but still funny replies from Ascendancy, but also, I would like to ask what is the goal and purpose for Ascendancy now?

The way I see it, the only thing that is left for ascendancy now is to achive top ranked alliance in terms of average score, average roids, score and roidcount. Three which they have achived before, however, i am unsure all four last round.

I ask Ascendancy: What is there left to achive for you now?

Heartless 4 May 2009 17:33

Re: Ascendancy, the future?

Entertainment or death.

M0RPH3US 4 May 2009 17:35

90 planets ranked from 1-90 :yawn:

wait i am not asc, sorry
cant find the delete button though

Elevator 4 May 2009 17:46

kill time while slowly killing myself by work...

Achilles 4 May 2009 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool
The way I see it, the only thing that is left for ascendancy now is to achive top ranked alliance in terms of average score, average roids, score and roidcount. Three which they have achived before, however, i am unsure all four last round.

We've achieved all of these multiple times.

Kargool 4 May 2009 17:57

Ok Achi, but let's say next round, what would be a result that Ascendancy would be happy with?

Mzyxptlk 4 May 2009 18:01

No. I would be happy with another round like last round. Not that I'm actually "playing", mind you, but let's pretend.

Buly 4 May 2009 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achilles (Post 3173229)
We've achieved all of these multiple times.

Oh you must be feeling good about yourself. I hope you're very proud.

Benneh 4 May 2009 18:42

i dont see why everyone here basis every ****ing thing on ascendancy.

We will play our way you will play yours, whatever way you play yours you will find a way to blame us for ruining the game/ruining the way you play.

I have an idea. How about someone else comes up with something new? wow that would make a change.

Now this thread will just be another from various people moaning about asc and also telling others to do things without doing them themselfs(CBA / JM) you will have the usual ascendancy squad and Kila who personally i think should never ever post. Then you will have Wishmaster who will pop up somewhere when omen and its shortcomings are mentioned. And then believe it or not Light will probably post something actually almost useful.

Can we just stop these shit predictable threads.

thank you

ps whats left is to actually get through this god awful round.

Tomkat 4 May 2009 18:49

i just want to be loved...

[B5]Londo 4 May 2009 18:56

Most other alliances seem to have no goals beyond existing... If they did they would probably have to kick Asc to achieve them; therefore why should asc be different from them and have a goal... we are all in the doldrums, im not sure about all in the same boat tho.

Tomkat 4 May 2009 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool (Post 3173225)
I ask Ascendancy: What is there left to achive for you now?

Our number one aim this round is to go one week without someone making a thread on AD about us :salute:

CBA 4 May 2009 21:18

What a poor thread. Have we not heard enough of Ascendancy recently. I'm not just saying this because the gool posted a bad context thread but seriously, like Benneh says.

Light 4 May 2009 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benneh (Post 3173235)
And then believe it or not Light will probably post something actually almost useful.

Not really, i dont see the point in these threads anymore. We had these threads pre-round and nothing was done to combat the situation, now no-one has an excuse for allowing Asc to dominate. The reality is, if you're a good player who joined Asc this round, joined a BG, joined xVx, left CT/ND, or even didnt try to setup an alliance to combat Asc (like Wishmaster last round).. Then you're directly to blame for the situation..

Asc isnt to blame for dominating, you cant blame Asc for accepting good players.. You can only blame the members who joined Asc for choosing to join Asc (To give yourself a better chance at a high planet rank) over helping fight them.

Asc's goal is to win... It should be everyone elses goal to stop them winning, Its not Asc who should be changing its goals, but everyone else to change there goal to challange them.

lokken 4 May 2009 21:54

Bad leadership is far more important. Many of the players who joined us this round have openly stated they were fed up with it and they felt that we were the best alternative.

If people feel the leadership is good, they'll stick around, even if it costs them a few ranks. But if the leadership is bad, they won't enjoy their round and they'll move on.

Zeyi 4 May 2009 22:55

I don't see why ascendancy need to have goals, no-one is pressuring them this round - I'd just play relaxed and enjoy myself, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did this and still won.

People need to stop moaning/bitching/pointing fingers at ascendancy, questioning ascendancy on their motives and aims - because quite simply the problem is not them. If they're winning then they're doing something right the rest of us aren't.

Just let them continue and if they bother you so much, do something about it yourselves instead of expecting them to be the ones to change.

CBA 4 May 2009 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 3173241)
Not really, i dont see the point in these threads anymore. We had these threads pre-round and nothing was done to combat the situation, now no-one has an excuse for allowing Asc to dominate.

Go f*** yourself Light. Read the old threads about how to defeat Ascendancy, then read your reponses, then read what you just wrote there. !

Tommy 5 May 2009 00:16

I suspect the only actual goal is to piss off enough people that someone in the PA community will find some balls again and challenge them.

Knight Theamion 5 May 2009 00:40

apperently some bg's are teaming up. failing epically (probably) and then the two biggest will merge to challenge asc.

Tommy 5 May 2009 00:43

Sounds about right.

Thatcher 5 May 2009 00:45

sounds about shite

Wishmaster 5 May 2009 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3173253)
apperently some bg's are teaming up. failing epically (probably) and then the two biggest will merge to challenge asc.

how can u merge alliances now? And be in the running for #1 that is.

I think u cant merge after u reach 40 people in total or something ( correct me if I m wrong ) but I remember some nub who was in his own tag last round in omen early on, and instead of him leaving, then join omen tag in 48ticks, we just merged the tags, but then I accepted over 40 during the merge period, and it was cancelled!
:fail:

And Benneh, believe it or not, I try to avoid posting about last round, but others keep bringing it up! :( give it a round or so and its all forgotten <3

Knight Theamion 5 May 2009 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3173257)
how can u merge alliances now? And be in the running for #1 that is.

I think u cant merge after u reach 40 people in total or something ( correct me if I m wrong ) but I remember some nub who was in his own tag last round in omen early on, and instead of him leaving, then join omen tag in 48ticks, we just merged the tags, but then I accepted over 40 during the merge period, and it was cancelled!
:fail:

And Benneh, believe it or not, I try to avoid posting about last round, but others keep bringing it up! :( give it a round or so and its all forgotten <3

they will try though, but those combined bg's will never last long.

JonnyBGood 5 May 2009 00:55

My only hope is that I can somehow go back in time and avoid signing up for this round.

Centronic 5 May 2009 00:56

Cant really see the bgs knocking asc away from the top, but screwing with people is always doable.

Wishmaster 5 May 2009 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3173258)
they will try though, but those combined bg's will never last long.

really? all I know is that wafhh wont merge with another BG ( I know I got a merge history!! :( ) also yes, its doomed to fail ofc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3173259)
My only hope is that I can somehow go back in time and avoid signing up for this round.

preferences -> Exile/Del/Reset/Vaction -> push the box where it says: Yes, I wish to delete my account!

if half of asc did this, it might be an interestign round! :)

Knight Theamion 5 May 2009 01:04

i am very close to it as this round promises to be intensely shit

JonnyBGood 5 May 2009 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3173262)
preferences -> Exile/Del/Reset/Vaction -> push the box where it says: Yes, I wish to delete my account!

if half of asc did this, it might be an interestign round! :)

Oncee you give a commitment you got to stick with it!

Wishmaster 5 May 2009 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3173263)
i am very close to it as this round promises to be intensely shit

it just got shit when u didnt join my bp :(
delete and resign up as pt336 in our gal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3173264)
Oncee you give a commitment you got to stick with it!

People divorce eachother all the time! If the commitment isnt working, it isnt working!

Knight Theamion 5 May 2009 01:08

current gal seems to be fairly decent.
i am xan though, doomed to fail. i can resign up as cath and be a cath fi whore (only fi, you guys will do the rest)

Mek 5 May 2009 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 3173241)
Asc's goal is to win... It should be everyone elses goal to stop them winning, Its not Asc who should be changing its goals, but everyone else to change there goal to challange them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light
Its also pretty pointless to even have this conversation at the moment, as nothing will change this round. Asc wont change anything and will win by alot, can only hope that Asc tries to fix the problem for next round.. unless you dont want any competition, then go ahead.. carry on as you are and we'll see how long the community lasts.

so whos responsibility is it light, Asc's or the communitys. you seem to be giving two conflicting opinions on it :P

JonnyBGood 5 May 2009 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3173266)
People divorce eachother all the time! If the commitment isnt working, it isnt working!

I'd be terribly disappointed in myself if I quit just when the round went from mind-numbingly tedious to mind-numbingly tedious and predictable.

Light 5 May 2009 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mek (Post 3173268)
so whos responsibility is it light, Asc's or the communitys. you seem to be giving two conflicting opinions on it :P

In those two quotes, I dont state its Asc's responsibility.. just thats the only solution as no-one was stepping up to fight them.

Plus, one opinion was pre-round where everyone was guessing how badly Asc would dominate and how terrible the round is.. The other is at week 1/2 of the round, I'm allowed to change my opinion :p

Fuzzy 5 May 2009 02:56

tbh any 'problem' within the game/community are the responsibility of EVERYONE to fix

everyone in ascendancy seems to be screaming at those outside it for being shit and not challenging them

everyone not in ascendancy seems to be screaming at ascendancy for recruiting most of the best and active people left in the playerbase

i cant see it ever ending :(

Kargool 5 May 2009 03:21

I think Fuzzy is quite close to hitting the nail here really.. There seem to be no challengers for asc, so this will really be the death of the alliances as we know it.

JonnyBGood 5 May 2009 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 3173274)
i cant see it ever ending :(

I can. I personally will be recommending Ascendancy not bother to play after this round regardless of whether we win or lose. If any competent alliance would like to play against us they can let us know. If 250 people would like to see if sheer weight of numbers can compensate for the fact you don't have a ****ing clue how to play planetarion I can't really say I'm that interested. If nobody hits us for the whole round either that's not going to be interesting either. Obviously at some point sheer weight of numbers could actually do the job. I can't honestly say I really care enough what that point is and I can't say I care enough to try and prevent that point coming about. It's just boring.

Fuzzy 5 May 2009 05:14

i meant the arguing JBG...but yeah :p

JonnyBGood 5 May 2009 05:22

I'm pretty sure what I proposed would end the arguing as well!

Jonas 5 May 2009 06:24

The problem is that Asc owns everyone and noone that could make some sort of counter alliance cba to run it as they have all played for too long. I think the alliance tag limits are a bit too high atm, considering only 2 alliances cba to goto 90 members and they are clearly sleeping together...hence doesnt have to stress by fighting.

Theres really no quality top alliances left in PA anymore, but Asc maybe...then again they would not have stood a chance vs certain other alliances that dominated rounds ago when the universe were more into confrontation than avoidance.

-Jonas-

Thatcher 5 May 2009 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3173276)
If 250 people would like to see if sheer weight of numbers can compensate for the fact you don't have a ****ing clue how to play planetarion I can't really say I'm that interested.

keeping it classy with those **** as always jbg ;) i think the logs below is a fair enough reason why the BGs are hitting asc, nevermind the regular comments coming from asc members asking when anyone will step up. now we have, is asc honestly now complaining? you have what you wish for.

<@Kila> we don't have a war to fight so I can actually play for planet/gal
<@M0|afk> hf
<@Mek|StudyDND> you not find that incredibly boring kila?
<@Kila> not yet
<@Kila> it probably will get boring and shit to the point that we have people roidracing each other
<@Kila> but so far, we've still got a ton of people in bgs that have roids. They can be roided to the ground to show them what a retarded choice they've made
<@M0|afk> retarded choice = not to join asc ?
<@Kila> retarded choice = form loads of small bgs instead of making the round interesting
<@Kila> this round we're able to kill people with personal vendettas and stuff
<@Kila> since we're not at war, I cna go out to **** whoever I dislike
<@Kila> which is pretty awesome. Some r0x faggot was defending vs me in an asc gal where I was raiding an inactive, despite reese/consi telling him not to, so my gal put a sizeable wave on him <3

Mzyxptlk 5 May 2009 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatcher (Post 3173281)
is asc honestly now complaining?

No?

Thatcher 5 May 2009 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3173282)
No?

good :)

Nadar 5 May 2009 09:52

The goal is to recruit Kargool as HC and see how fast he ruins it.

Linkie 5 May 2009 10:44

Making everyone else quit. I'm pretty sure no alliance has achieved that before us.

zebra 5 May 2009 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatcher (Post 3173281)
<@Kila> retarded choice = form loads of small bgs instead of making the round interesting
<@Kila> this round we're able to kill people with personal vendettas and stuff
<@Kila> since we're not at war, I cna go out to **** whoever I dislike
<@Kila> which is pretty awesome. Some r0x faggot was defending vs me in an asc gal where I was raiding an inactive, despite reese/consi telling him not to, so my gal put a sizeable wave on him <3

awesome choice = play in a small bg and make the round interesting for yourself, regardless if it's interesting for the alliance that will finish first

As for the rest of your quote, playing in a small BG you can do all of those things, all of the time, which is idd pretty awesome.

_Kila_ 5 May 2009 15:27

People keep ****ing whinging about how easy the round is for asc and how there's nobody to stop them, making it boring. These same people happen to be sitting in all of these little BGs, which doesn't exactly help stopping the so called "ascendancy monster" does it?

CBA 5 May 2009 15:28

Just to clarify something here, whatever Kila says about how he feels/ ascendancy feels, ignore him, infact, whatever kila says, ignore. Makes reading these boards alot easier!

and well done people for hitting Ascendancy but let's just see how long it lasts for :D

Veedeejem! 5 May 2009 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 3173300)
awesome choice = play in a small bg and make the round interesting for yourself, regardless if it's interesting for the alliance that will finish first

As for the rest of your quote, playing in a small BG you can do all of those things, all of the time, which is idd pretty awesome.

Awesome choice = play in a small bg with lots of friends you haven't played together with since round 17.
Having lots of fun in priv channel, being surrounded with funny people you can actually trust and basicly enjoying a round of pa so far like i haven't done in a long long time :)

<3 Insomnia <3 (and no we're probably not disbanding this round for a change!)

lokken 5 May 2009 15:48

As a mod I'm getting bored about you writing about one alliance all the time. Can't you guys write about others or something?

zebra 5 May 2009 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_ (Post 3173302)
People keep ****ing whinging about how easy the round is for asc and how there's nobody to stop them, making it boring. These same people happen to be sitting in all of these little BGs, which doesn't exactly help stopping the so called "ascendancy monster" does it?

Most of those people just like whining, and actually don't care if asc wins or not. Most of the people who truly do care if asc wins or not have joined asc.