Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Prince Abroad (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196173)

All Systems Go 3 Mar 2008 15:02

Prince Abroad

So Prince Harry went to Afghanistan or something for a couple of months. Now he is back. There was a 'media blackout' which meant that the press held on to the story for a few months, but still had plenty of juicy pictures to print on the day it was revealed. Unfortunatly, some Germans or something revealed that he was there and he had to come back.

The leak was purposeful, so that he could be brought back. It was all a publicity stunt. Anyone disagree?

You Are Gay 3 Mar 2008 15:08

Re: Prince Abroad

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Systems Go
The leak was purposeful, so that he could be brought back. It was all a publicity stunt. Anyone disagree?

If you mean "the Royal family deliberately leaked the story" then no i don't think they did. More value in having him out there the whole 12 weeks.

Tomkat 3 Mar 2008 15:56

Why would they want to bring him back?!

Smudge 3 Mar 2008 16:11

apparently it was the Australians who leaked it on a small time magazine website then the Americans went full throttle with it.

Kargool 3 Mar 2008 17:32

And here I was thinking that Prince was gonna go on a world tour.

furball 3 Mar 2008 20:06

ITT ASG is an idiot.

(actually, all of you are lacking vital details and obscuring what actually happened)

Tomkat 3 Mar 2008 20:35

furball can you keep us updated on the celeb gossip please :)

Yahwe 3 Mar 2008 20:38

it was two lots of colonials sticking their nose in trying to pretend they're clever.

gHastly people

pablissimo 3 Mar 2008 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
ITT ASG is an idiot.

(actually, all of you are lacking vital details and obscuring what actually happened)

Do enlighten us. Jesus Christ, you're a shit poster.

Yahwe 3 Mar 2008 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablissimo
Do enlighten us. Jesus Christ, you're a shit poster.

I think the Christ would have been an awful poster, far too forgiving and terribly banal - like Dante

furball 3 Mar 2008 22:21

Quote:

This is complete rubbish. There is absolutely no evidence of such an intention. Given your propensity to believe in conspiracy theories I'm not really that surprised that you fell for it, but this is worse than the Moon landings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smudge
apparently it was the Australians who leaked it on a small time magazine website then the Americans went full throttle with it.

No, a small Australian gossip magazine found out from a military source but chose not to make much of it. 'Frau Im Speigel' magazine also found out, but no-one really picked up on it there either.

A couple of months later the Drudge Report went full throttle with it, but you can hardly call Drudge a member of the mainstream media as you imply (by not differentiating). Since the site gets a hell of a lot of hits the entire British media swung into action that afternoon and published all of their exclusive material.

Yahwe 3 Mar 2008 22:36

Quote:

A couple of months later the Drudge Report went full throttle with it, but you can hardly call Drudge a member of the mainstream media as you imply (by not differentiating). Since the site gets a hell of a lot of hits the entire British media swung into action that afternoon and published all of their exclusive material.

errr... so ...

1) yes the australians released it first
2) then the americans did

What exactly is your point my buck toothed friend?

furball 3 Mar 2008 22:53

That it was being treated as some giant foreign conspiracy which it quite clearly wasn't.

And the less said about the OP the better.

Yahwe 3 Mar 2008 22:57

Quote:

That it was being treated as some giant foreign conspiracy which it quite clearly wasn't.

And the less said about the OP the better.

I have not seen any argument of conspiracy.

The mood of those who care in the nation is rather one of disapointment.

We asked the media, both nationally and internationally, to stay quiet. We did not tell. We did not order. We did not shout, nor threaten, nor bluster. First some random australians then an american with an ego thought themselves too important to do as we had asked. So be it.

I see no reason in your posts.

furball 3 Mar 2008 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
I have not seen any argument of conspiracy.

Quote:

dda 3 Mar 2008 23:51

I think it was unfortunate that it was discovered by those who so fit to disturb the situation.

I rather admire young Harry. He was not going to be left behind if he could do otherwise and he succeeded for 10 weeks. Good on him!

I, being a "the glass is half-full" kind of individual, am quite proud of the vast majority of the press who remained quiet on the subject. It restores a modicum of respect for the press.

G.K Zhukov 4 Mar 2008 00:10

Dear Harry.

I have understood that you were desperate to leave Britain. That you felt that you could not leave the house, not to mention going clubbing in a nazi-outfit, without getting looked upon or hazzled by the press and bystanders. Since I'm not royal, I haven't experienced this myself, but I can understand you. Most of us, expect perhaps Paris Hilton, like to have a personal life where we can be ourself.

However, going to the battle line in southern-Afghanistan suggest you might have taken this a bit far. I also think it's a bit far to go, just to get away from the press. So next time you feel the urge, take a trip to Jan Mayen. There is, as far as I know also some military officers on the island, so you will get reminded off your service and have some company.

Good luck,
Field Marshal G.K Zhukov

Yahwe 4 Mar 2008 08:53

I quoted you in re your comments to smudge.

and everyone has written off ASG as a nutter so don't use politicians tricks to deflect

All Systems Go 4 Mar 2008 16:11

Quote:

This is complete rubbish. There is absolutely no evidence of such an intention. Given your propensity to believe in conspiracy theories I'm not really that surprised that you fell for it, but this is worse than the Moon landings.

Pray tell, what conspiracy theories do I believe in exactly?

midge5 4 Mar 2008 16:49

Quote:

In between these didn't it also get mentioned in the German paper Bild? Though like the Australian report it got very little publicity.