Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Snooker thread 2008 (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196375)

Deepflow 23 Apr 2008 22:48

Snooker thread 2008

So the world championship has begun this week and I'm looking forward to watching snooker while doing other things for a while. It's a truly beautiful game and the only sport I really give a shit about so that's pretty exciting.

The greater amount of chinese players is starting to become a bit more noticeable this year, with at least 2 others apart from fu and ding playing. I saw a bit of Liu's game vs Ronnie earlier and it was going pretty well for him. I don't know if my subconscious racist is going to dislike snooker a bit when all the dirty east asians are dominating a bit more, but i hope not. Especially as Ding's 147 is probably the best one I've ever seen.

So who does everyone think is going to win this year? I don't really mind as long as it's not Shaun Murphy, the ****.

Nodrog 23 Apr 2008 22:52

Re: Snooker thread 2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepflow
So the world championship has begun this week and I'm looking forward to watching snooker while doing other things for a while..

but all you do is play computer games and the tv isnt in the same room :confused:

Deepflow 23 Apr 2008 22:54

I was watching the snooker today while I was cooking, cooking the food that you ate.

You ****.

Kenny 23 Apr 2008 22:55

I think snooker's a good sport, and I'll occassionally enjoy watching it. However, I'd hardly describe it as 'exciting'... but whatever turns you on I guess!

All Systems Go 24 Apr 2008 09:53

If I had a TV I would probably watch. I find snooker to be rather relaxing and is one of the few sports I can tolerate.

Marilyn Manson 24 Apr 2008 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny
However, I'd hardly describe it as 'exciting'...

Some of the players excite me. Particularly when they lean over the table. Selby is quite nice and that Australian dude as well.

Seriously, if there's any basis for supporting people in competitive events other than around who is the most attractive, then I haven't discovered it yet. I suppose this is basically why the Greeks did all their athletic events in the nude.

Hebdomad 24 Apr 2008 14:32

Snooker is a strange game: it appeals to those who are so elderly that they can't cope with anything more exciting and drug users who see elementary physics as supremely profound. I expect with enough MDMA I'd gain an emotional attachment to the coloured balls to a point where I scream like a baby whenever the white ball courses into them at speed. I wouldn't care about the red balls; I'm a racist.

Deepflow 24 Apr 2008 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebdomad
Snooker is a strange game: it appeals to those who are so elderly that they can't cope with anything more exciting and drug users who see elementary physics as supremely profound. I expect with enough MDMA I'd gain an emotional attachment to the coloured balls to a point where I scream like a baby whenever the white ball courses into them at speed. I wouldn't care about the red balls; I'm a racist.

Y'know just because you fail to appreciate something that others find engaging and, dare i say it, beautiful, doesn't mean that you need to assume that everyone who does like it has some serious mental deficiency.

For example, I don't make the same assumptions about people who make terrible posts on internet forums.

Marilyn Manson 25 Apr 2008 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebdomad
Snooker is a strange game: it appeals to those who are so elderly that they can't cope with anything more exciting and drug users who see elementary physics as supremely profound.

When you think about it for even a moment, most sports and the like are boring to some degree to watch. Snooker is just very sedate.

Although I agree, it would be a lot better if the players were allowd to **** each other with the cues when they pass each other walking to and from the table.

Mzyxptlk 25 Apr 2008 11:50

Arguably all sports can be improved with some good ****ing. And not just sports!

_Kila_ 25 Apr 2008 19:02

Quote:

For example, I don't make the same assumptions about people who make terrible posts on internet forums.

Level 3 :cool:

Hebdomad 26 Apr 2008 17:45

Quote:

Y'know just because you fail to appreciate something that others find engaging and, dare i say it, beautiful, doesn't mean that you need to assume that everyone who does like it has some serious mental deficiency.

Yes it does. For instance, golf: those who play it have a serious mental deficiency. See how it works? For a further example, Deepfow:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Although I agree, it would be a lot better if the players were allowd to **** each other with the cues when they pass each other walking to and from the table.

Now in this fictitious scenario, the the sport is played by perverts instead of mentally deficient people. It's a difficult concept to grasp, I know, yet quite fundamental to the viewing of sport.

Deepflow 28 Apr 2008 17:11

That was a pretty terrible post man :(