Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Marraige Proposals (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=184717)

TheShadowMan 15 Apr 2005 18:18

Marraige Proposals

Any gd'ers married, or engaged to be married might be able to help me out here.

Can you share how you proposed to your wife to be?

I can't decide whether to go over the top romantic or just say it.

I have set the date in my head to do it in the next 6-9 months.

Joke proposals will get rep++

tsm

Marilyn Manson 15 Apr 2005 18:19

Re: Marraige Proposals

Dace went down on one knee, right in the middle of the playground.

SYMM 15 Apr 2005 18:22

"Dear The-Future-Mrs-Shadowman,
Some friends on the internet insulted you, and me and my knackerwackers stood up for you. Therefore, you must marry me, or ur fukkin ded.
Your's lovingly,
TheShadowMan"

Ragnarak 15 Apr 2005 18:24

Is this just so Dace can't make girlfriend jokes any more? He can just change the word to wife and i'm pretty sure they'll still be just as funny :)

TheShadowMan 15 Apr 2005 18:24

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SYMM again.

She actually found that thread hilarious and laffed at me for a good week

Richie987 15 Apr 2005 18:25

Do it while riding one of the iron lions in Trafalgar (sp?) Square :)

Dead_Meat 15 Apr 2005 18:27

On holiday in New York, we'd seen the St Patrick's day parade on 5th Avenue, then were going to the Empire State and then Brooklyn Bridge.
I'd already decided to ask her that day, but didn't want to do it on Empire, as it's just too obvious. So, we were waiting for a bus to get to the Bridge, I nipped into a shop on the pretext of buying fags, but got a bottle of champagne and two glasses, which I hid upon my person.

We get to the Bridge, walk half way across and I suggest we stop for a breather. We sit down on a bench, I get down on one knee and propose, she says yes, then we drink champagne and have our picture taken by the first guy that came along, who was jogging while smoking a large Havana cigar.

All in all, very satisfying, and the hotel laid on chocolate covered strawberries and champagne the next day when we happened to tell one of the receptionists.

I wouldn't change any of it.

\o/

Marilyn Manson 15 Apr 2005 18:28

Why don't you ask her just as you're about to come?

Yahwe 15 Apr 2005 18:45

Do it by letter:

Dear Regular Sexual Partner,

Over the past months I have become complacent about your presence. I have taken the time to note that I am not getting any younger and no longer feel I am in a position to attract new women. There are certain tasks which will require a woman to perform, and may I say that assessing you ability so far, it is my opinion that with training you may yet reach a standard of low competent.

I have therefore taken the decision to offer you a permanent position in place of your weekly contract.

You should be aware that this honor will be acompanied by a 20% reduction in visible signs of affection you recieve, reducing annually. You will of course retain your yearly 'bonus'.

I stronly urge you take advantage of this offer. And may i take this time to remind you that beggers can't be choosers

Yours

TSM

NEWSBOT3 15 Apr 2005 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
On holiday in New York, we'd seen the St Patrick's day parade on 5th Avenue, then were going to the Empire State and then Brooklyn Bridge.
I'd already decided to ask her that day, but didn't want to do it on Empire, as it's just too obvious. So, we were waiting for a bus to get to the Bridge, I nipped into a shop on the pretext of buying fags, but got a bottle of champagne and two glasses, which I hid upon my person.

We get to the Bridge, walk half way across and I suggest we stop for a breather. We sit down on a bench, I get down on one knee and propose, she says yes, then we drink champagne and have our picture taken by the first guy that came along, who was jogging while smoking a large Havana cigar.

All in all, very satisfying, and the hotel laid on chocolate covered strawberries and champagne the next day when we happened to tell one of the receptionists.

I wouldn't change any of it.

\o/

:up:

Richie987 15 Apr 2005 19:00

Propose at the next GD meet!!! :up: We can have a GD wedding then!

ceres 15 Apr 2005 19:01

Nice work Dead_Meat.

I arranged a hot air balloon ride which she knew about, however, i'd flown her and my immediate family to the launch area. And proposed infront of them all, quite possibly the most nerve racking moment in my entire life, thankfully she said yes, we toasted with the family and then took off. During the flight i handed her an envelope containing some tickets to www.kuredu.com island. Nice way to cap it off.

Still havent got round to the actual marriage.
________
Ocean View Condominium Prathumnak

skiddy 15 Apr 2005 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
Do it by letter:

Over the past months I have become complacent about your presence. I have taken the time to note that I am not getting any younger and no longer feel I am in a position to attract new women. There are certain tasks which will require a woman to perform, and may I say that assessing you ability so far, it is my opinion that with training you may yet reach a standard of low competent.

I have therefore taken the decision to offer you a permanent position in place of your weekly contract.

You should be aware that this honor will be acompanied by a 20% reduction in visible signs of affection you recieve, reducing annually. You will of course retain your yearly 'bonus'.

I stronly urge you take advantage of this offer. And may i take this time to remind you that beggers can't be choosers

Yours

TSM

Copied and pasted for future use.

I honestly swear, I will use this one day.

TheShadowMan 15 Apr 2005 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie987
Propose at the next GD meet!!! :up: We can have a GD wedding then!

heh she refuses to partake in any 'nerd/geek' activities - lol

TheShadowMan 15 Apr 2005 19:14

Quote:

Do it by letter:

Yours

TSM

Yawhe that has to be one of the funniest things of I have ever read :-)

ROFLAMO!!!!!!!!1111oneoneeleven

Marilyn Manson 15 Apr 2005 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan

Stuck-up tart.

vampire_lestat 15 Apr 2005 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Dace went down on one knee, so he could make the proposal on eye level.

Fixed

archy23 15 Apr 2005 20:08

dont get married bra

MrL_JaKiri 15 Apr 2005 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by archy23
dont get married bra

?

XeeThot 15 Apr 2005 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by archy23
dont get married bra

I bet this is the GF.

Busted!

Dante Hicks 15 Apr 2005 22:05

I think I proposed in the bath.

Marilyn Manson 15 Apr 2005 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I think I proposed in the bath.

Obviously it was a special occassion.

roadrunner_0 15 Apr 2005 23:33

we were in a club, and i was making facetious comment and said she should marry me, jokingly, but she said yes, so, the next day, when we were sober, we sat down and actually discussed what it would mean, as i dont believe in long engagements, and so, nearly a year later, we are getting married next month :):):)

Aryn 16 Apr 2005 00:03

aww rr she got you on a joke :P

Marilyn Manson 16 Apr 2005 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
as i dont believe in long engagements,

Neither did Britney Spears.

Dace 16 Apr 2005 00:42

I proposed to a girl in a club but that's a very long story (which i believe some GD reg's have heard in person).

Weeks 16 Apr 2005 01:08

Quote:

Do it by letter:

Yours

TSM

Don't worry Yahwe, the internet will marry you if you ask her nicely enough.

Chika 16 Apr 2005 02:02

Well, before you propose you need a ring. You need her size, and you need to know her taste. take her to a mall or someplace that just "happens" to have a jewlery store in you guys path. Let her try on different rings, NOT, i repeat NOT wedding rings, just silly rings to get her size if you don't know it, on your way out glance at the wedding rings and she will point a few out that she likes. get the ring later (may be exensive, my wifes was $3000 ****ing dollars, the shit is in my name though :D ). Next step, rent nice hotel room, check in and put roses and ballons or whatever you think she fancies in the room. Take her to dinner, then to the room (ofc she needs to know in advance) then propose IN THE ROOM. No where else but the room, this saves you embarrassment and takes pressure off her. the + to this method is that the sex after she says yes will be the best you have probably ever had. The downside is if she is on her period. :( So try to schedule before or after that fatal week.

Chika 16 Apr 2005 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weeks
Don't worry Yahwe, the internet will marry you if you ask her nicely enough.

The internet is a hoe. You can't turn a hoe into a house wife.

Yahwe 16 Apr 2005 02:07

you're american.

you didn't understand my post.

is it racist to see a connection?

Chika 16 Apr 2005 02:10

Quote:

you're american.

you didn't understand my post.

is it racist to see a connection?

If this is directed at me,
yes, i am american,
No, I didn't read your post.
I responded to Weeks' post.

Yahwe 16 Apr 2005 02:14

weeks' post about what?

Aryn 16 Apr 2005 03:53

no offense chika.. but that's a fairly dull way of doing it.
the idea is that you KNOW ahead of time that she'll say yes, that way you can ask anywhere. i mean fs us girls are attentionwhores and what better way to get attention (and envy of other girls around) if you do it fairly publically.
well. i don't know about doing it in a big crowd in the middle of the street.. but in a nice restaurant or something. it all depends on how you do it though i suppose, DM's sounds very nice. the thing is a hotel room is pretty forgettable.. and the whole point is you want it to be unforgettable.

Phil^ 16 Apr 2005 04:40

*makes notes*

Chika 16 Apr 2005 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aryn
no offense chika.. but that's a fairly dull way of doing it.
the idea is that you KNOW ahead of time that she'll say yes, that way you can ask anywhere. i mean fs us girls are attentionwhores and what better way to get attention (and envy of other girls around) if you do it fairly publically.
well. i don't know about doing it in a big crowd in the middle of the street.. but in a nice restaurant or something. it all depends on how you do it though i suppose, DM's sounds very nice. the thing is a hotel room is pretty forgettable.. and the whole point is you want it to be unforgettable.

No offence, but personally, someone like you wouldn't get a proposal from me. People do the silly things they do for attention. If a female is so bent on public, so someone can admire her, and so she can talk it over with her friends, then I think that female is shallow, and has nothing of her own. Also, losers tend to want to show off, or be "public".
Naturally, my method doesn't work on losers.
Love is between 2 people. You've seen 1 to many love movies. It just doesn't work that way. And generally, anyone you are thinking to marry, if you don't think they would say yes, then you shouldn't ask. Traditionally you have to have that rock in hand before you ask. So, also naturally, I am going to be damn sure that the answer will be yes.

Chika 16 Apr 2005 05:42

Originally Posted by Richie987
Propose at the next GD meet!!! We can have a GD wedding then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan

bah, and i get flamed for calling you guys geeks. Its like someone calling you ugly, and you deny it with your life, then later on, you admit that your ugly.
The irony.

Vaio 16 Apr 2005 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dace
I proposed to a girl in a club but that's a very long story (which i believe some GD reg's have heard in person).

Was it at Brownies ?

~Vaio~

roadrunner_0 16 Apr 2005 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aryn
aww rr she got you on a joke :P

trust me, i don't mind, she is beautiful, witty and intelligent, when i first met her i thought that she was way out of my league :)
plus i was ready to settle down, if i wasn't i would never have agreed to get married, i may sound a bit outdated, but to me marriage is still a once in a lifetime thing :) i'm happy and currently i wouldn't have things any other way, hell the one thing i would change is have a better job so that i could buy her more pretty things :)

Chika 16 Apr 2005 10:32

Quote:

trust me, i don't mind, she is beautiful, witty and intelligent, when i first met her i thought that she was way out of my league :)
plus i was ready to settle down, if i wasn't i would never have agreed to get married, i may sound a bit outdated, but to me marriage is still a once in a lifetime thing :) i'm happy and currently i wouldn't have things any other way, hell the one thing i would change is have a better job so that i could buy her more pretty things :)

:) Its great that you have that mind set m8. So many idiots think that marriage is superficial.
pretty things don't buy happiness though. TIME
and tender love and care.

lokken 16 Apr 2005 10:37

DM is still the 'winner'

Chika 16 Apr 2005 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken
DM is still the 'winner'

There is no one way. if there was, girls would be boring. And hey, they aren't.

MrL_JaKiri 16 Apr 2005 11:46

Quote:

when i first met her i thought that she was way out of my league

She's just using you to get closer to Andrew.

roadrunner_0 16 Apr 2005 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
She's just using you to get closer to Andrew.

for some reason that had never occured to me... i wonder why :p

Marilyn Manson 16 Apr 2005 12:38

Quote:

for some reason that had never occured to me... i wonder why :p

Because Cecily is a master of deception?

MrL_JaKiri 16 Apr 2005 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Because Cecily is a master of deception?

Cecily is a Decepticon.

Marilyn Manson 16 Apr 2005 13:04

Villany! Let the doors be locked!

roadrunner_0 16 Apr 2005 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Cecily is a Decepticon.

i did wonder why she hated my autobot T shirt, i thought that it was just cos she doesn't like me being overtly geeky?!? :(

Tomkat 16 Apr 2005 14:26

I'd allow her out of her pit first, and then allow her to eat the scraps off my table (before giving them to the dog!).

Then I'd ask her to marry me. It'd be beautiful.

Marilyn Manson 16 Apr 2005 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat
Then I'd ask her to marry me. It'd be beautiful.

Marriage is only an option when the other person is 16 or over.

Dead_Meat 16 Apr 2005 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chika
Well, before you propose you need a ring. You need her size, and you need to know her taste. take her to a mall or someplace that just "happens" to have a jewlery store in you guys path. Let her try on different rings, NOT, i repeat NOT wedding rings, just silly rings to get her size if you don't know it, on your way out glance at the wedding rings and she will point a few out that she likes. get the ring later (may be exensive, my wifes was $3000 ****ing dollars, the shit is in my name though :D ). Next step, rent nice hotel room, check in and put roses and ballons or whatever you think she fancies in the room. Take her to dinner, then to the room (ofc she needs to know in advance) then propose IN THE ROOM. No where else but the room, this saves you embarrassment and takes pressure off her. the + to this method is that the sex after she says yes will be the best you have probably ever had. The downside is if she is on her period. :( So try to schedule before or after that fatal week.

I didn't have a ring.
I didn't have flowers
I didn't have balloons
I didn't have a plan.
I didn't know if she was going to say 'yes'. *
I did know I wanted to ask her.

* When I did ask, on one knee, she kind of laughed a lot and eventually said
"I don't know what to say"
to which I romantically replied
"Yes would be a good, my knees are bloody killing me"