Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Userfriendly deleting (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198370)

Mzyxptlk 18 Dec 2009 23:24

Userfriendly deleting

So I just tried deleting my planet. I got this message:

You are unable to start the action of deleting your account whilst ships are on missions, please await their return and try again.

Suggestion:don't show this message. Instead, increase the countdown timer by the number of ticks it takes for my fleet to get home. Deleting will be just as fast/slow, but I won't have to grind my teeth in annoyance at error messages there's no reason for seeing.

t3k 19 Dec 2009 01:35

Re: Userfriendly deleting

:up:

MrLobster 19 Dec 2009 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3185721)
So I just tried deleting my planet. I got this message:

You are unable to start the action of deleting your account whilst ships are on missions, please await their return and try again.

Suggestion:don't show this message. Instead, increase the countdown timer by the number of ticks it takes for my fleet to get home. Deleting will be just as fast/slow, but I won't have to grind my teeth in annoyance at error messages there's no reason for seeing.

Should have just launched on the #1 guy, then the nice guys in #multihunters would have kindly deleted your planet for you :)

Mzyxptlk 19 Dec 2009 09:05

Only after donating the value, I'm sure.

Appocomaster 24 Dec 2009 00:24

Done.

Mzyxptlk 24 Dec 2009 09:08

Win!

Ronin 26 Dec 2009 17:49

This is awesome. I hate this message every round when i try to delete after havoc. I have to wait for hours till the ticker starts again and press the button on a saturday.

Thx Appoco and Mzyxptlk

t3k 27 Dec 2009 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appocomaster (Post 3186163)
Done.

Errr, what just happened :s

Paisley 27 Dec 2009 21:18

Nice suggestion :)

Mzyxptlk 7 May 2010 23:29

Follow-up. I just got the following message upon trying to delete:

You may not delete your own planet while you have incoming fleets.

I have no incoming fleets, just a returning one. I did the JGP and everything.

rUl3r 8 May 2010 02:26

I see no reason why youŽd have to wait for the incomings to pass anyway. Scrap it or add those ticks until the last fleet has landed as well.

CBA 8 May 2010 11:00

I dont agree with this. The deleting is fine in my opinion. If someone lands a bad attack or has made an error in calculations then they may make an impulsive action to delete their account. This way the currest system works, this isn't possible and in 7/8/9 hours when the fleet has returned with whatever is left from the land, the user has a chance to re-think his/her deletion plan. Also I guess lots of people, after a cool-off period wouldn't want to delete after that time lapse.

Mzyxptlk 8 May 2010 11:13

There is already a 48 tick wait period to facilitate that.

Appocomaster 16 Jul 2010 21:45

Fixed this btw. Apologies, the mistake was in not differentiating between returning fleets and incoming attacking fleets.

Mzyxptlk 16 Jul 2010 21:51

<3

HaNzI 16 Jul 2010 22:05

its working. nice feature