Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RIP Luciano Pavarotti (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=195339)

Allfather 6 Sep 2007 10:41

RIP Luciano Pavarotti

Was hospitalized yesterday after a long fight with cancer, died 05:00 today, Thursday.

http://www1.vg.no/bildespesial/show/spesial.php?id=5591
A series of pictures from his life.
Bye bye :(

Ultimate Newbie 6 Sep 2007 11:20

Re: RIP Luciano Pavarotti

A great man, he will be missed.

Marilyn Manson 6 Sep 2007 12:05

It's a bit like Christmas when you keep hearing Slade every five seconds and in the end you just want to kick a child's head. I wouldn't be surprised if the papers have little musical recordings in the obituary section that activate when you open the paper, like greetings cards. I'm more focused on Gazza at the moment than Pava. Surely there was more to this man's life than singing Turandot for an international sporting event seventeen years ago?

Mzyxptlk 6 Sep 2007 12:18

Haha.

Sharur 6 Sep 2007 14:06

So I started browsing my forums today when I arrived at work, same routine every day. Every single forum I read seems to have a topic dedicated to Pavarotti. I'm wondering why? Is it some kind of urge of threadstarters to make popular threads? Is it some kind of "sure thing" that a thread about a dead artist will be popular? On how many forums did you post this thread Allfather?

Marilyn Manson 6 Sep 2007 14:09

Everybody loves a dead fatty.

Sharur 6 Sep 2007 14:18

Hmm I hadn't looked at it that way, I suppose that's true.

Marilyn Manson 6 Sep 2007 14:23

Of course it's true. Just look at Göring.

Sharur 6 Sep 2007 14:29

Göring was a fatty?

Marilyn Manson 6 Sep 2007 14:32

Hell yeah. One of the greatest fatties of all time I might add.

Sharur 6 Sep 2007 14:54

No wonder nobody liked the nazis.

Marilyn Manson 6 Sep 2007 14:59

They did a bit, actually.

Mzyxptlk 6 Sep 2007 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
They did a bit, actually.

Only until they were kicked out, of course, because then we all claimed to have been in the resistance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharur
Is it some kind of "sure thing" that a thread about a dead artist will be popular?

Yes. A couple of weeks ago Jos Brink, a Dutchie who had been relatively important for the development (lack thereof, in my personal yet humble opinion) of Dutch making died from cancer. It took over a week for the "in memoriam"s and "dedicated to Jos Brink"s to pass. And the only reason that happened was because another guy, an actor, died. Go figure.

Marilyn Manson 6 Sep 2007 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Only until they were kicked out, of course, because then we all claimed to have been in the resistance.

'Oh God, make me good, but not yet.'

Yahwe 6 Sep 2007 21:44

he was no mario lanza

Marilyn Manson 7 Sep 2007 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
And just where is Mark when you need him?!

I don't think Mark and me have been simultaneously active on this board since about 2003. It's something to do with cosmological gravitational forces, or so I'd hazard.

Structural Integrity 7 Sep 2007 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharur
So I started browsing my forums today when I arrived at work, same routine every day. Every single forum I read seems to have a topic dedicated to Pavarotti. I'm wondering why? Is it some kind of urge of threadstarters to make popular threads? Is it some kind of "sure thing" that a thread about a dead artist will be popular? On how many forums did you post this thread Allfather?

Has it perhaps occurred to you that this might be the case because you browse too many forums? This is the first thread I see about this on the interweb.

Mzyxptlk 7 Sep 2007 16:27

Actually, the more forums he reads, the more credible his claim becomes. Think about it.

Tomkat 7 Sep 2007 21:18

I liked it when he sang in those Cornetto adverts :)

Hideo 7 Sep 2007 21:55

And his great interpretations of Nessun dorma. Luciano knew PA.