Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Good God (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193087)

Benneh 18 Nov 2006 20:50

Good God

Give the guy a break.

Im in a <70 gal and my gc is a cathaar. He has 60 roids yet gets about 8 waves a day from ziks sending 15k+ ships. Jeez its a wonder why people quit. This guy is really active and defs loads but if he attacks he will be caught. ITs rediculous when you see the size of the ziks who hit him. In my 3 days in the gal ive seen 6 T100 ziks launch on him.

Bleh..

I just feel sorry for the guy. Its pretty clear from sandmans who it is..
Just give the little guys a break eh ziks?

Shyne 18 Nov 2006 21:11

Re: Good God

In a dwindling memberbase, Benneh speaks the shocking truth :(

robban1 18 Nov 2006 22:07

pa is chicken race nowadays, ppl rather waste a fleetspot for 20 roids than use it for bigger and more risky targets.

im not gonna play an other round of shitty code as for me its dull nowadays

ArcChas 18 Nov 2006 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shyne
In a dwindling memberbase, Benneh speaks the shocking truth :(

I posted something similar to this at least three rounds ago. It's good to see that the issue of Ziks pounding small planets into the ground has been addressed so effectively.

The answer is simple. Ship stealing is bad for the game - just stop it.

robban1 18 Nov 2006 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcChas
I posted something similar to this at least three rounds ago. It's good to see that the issue of Ziks pounding small planets into the ground has been addressed so effectively.

The answer is simple. Ship stealing is bad for the game - just stop it.

nah not getting salvage for it is,, make it over 50% for stolen shit

Alessio 18 Nov 2006 22:57

What's the moral of this story?
He shouldn't have chosen Cathaar

robban1 18 Nov 2006 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alessio
What's the moral of this story?
He shouldn't have chosen Cathaar

what an totally retarded reply m8 :/

Alessio 18 Nov 2006 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by robban1
what an totally retarded reply m8 :/

It's the sad truth :(

I'm a cathaar, and I ended up being a scanner! A scanner!

Hydrax 18 Nov 2006 23:41

The way stealing works is ruining the game imo. If you get hit hard you can end up with nothing left. Your ships get stolen, you get no salvage from them and if there's pods then you also lose your roids leaving you with almost no income.

Possible solutions would be:
- Put a limit on how many ships you can steal. It works for roids, why not for stealing,
- Give salvage for stolen ships. Perhaps not realistic compared to the real world when stuff gets stolen, but it gives the target something to keep it going,
- Put a dynamic limit on how many ships can get stolen. If the attacker is bigger than the target then the max cap is very low, if the attacker is smaller than the target the cap is higher. (kinda like the XP formula works)

As for people that attack tiny planets to steal their ships (or roids): Perhaps make a note of their coords and name and shame them when the round is over. There are plenty people out there that feel the need to launch several waves at small planets, they are part of the reason why so many people leave the game. If PA-team doesn't come with a solution then perhaps the players can.

Kargool 18 Nov 2006 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrax

- Put a limit on how many ships you can steal. It works for roids, why not for stealing,
- Give salvage for stolen ships. Perhaps not realistic compared to the real world when stuff gets stolen, but it gives the target something to keep it going,
- Put a dynamic limit on how many ships can get stolen. If the attacker is bigger than the target then the max cap is very low, if the attacker is smaller than the target the cap is higher. (kinda like the XP formula works)

I've addressed this so many times and the puny excuse the PA crew has for not doing this is: We are not able to recode the combat engine...

Maybe more brains in the PA team is needed. Because its clear that useless stealing like this is killing the game.

Before PA took steps to avoid bashing of planets by introducing the maxcap limit.. But it seems to be next to impossible to impose a maxcap on shipstealing wich is FAR FAR more destryoying on the game than roidloss is.

Ultimate Newbie 19 Nov 2006 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrax

War Loans; gives players the opportunity to immediately rebuild key parts of their fleet (ie Pods) so they can continue attacking once they've lost everything.

Alas, this brilliant idea will continue to be ignored :(.

robban1 19 Nov 2006 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
War Loans; gives players the opportunity to immediately rebuild key parts of their fleet (ie Pods) so they can continue attacking once they've lost everything.

Alas, this brilliant idea will continue to be ignored :(.

well salvage is an easy to implement solution that ofc doesnt match the real life mecanics of things but erm this game doesnt do it either with roidcaps and shit going on :)

Heartless 19 Nov 2006 02:19

The zik problem would solve itself if you'd actually have zik ships dying when stealing other ships.

Spritfire 19 Nov 2006 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartless
The zik problem would solve itself if you'd actually have zik ships dying when stealing other ships.

Ten points for you!

Or make zik's so weak that they can't farm their way up in the last 1/3 of the game

Travler 19 Nov 2006 16:42

I play zik and the reason a zik player has to hit smaller planets is because he will gain nothing otherwise. Its hard to zik to attack for xp because most zik ships die too easily against equal or greater targets when comparing values.

The only way a zik can grow is by bashing, hitting idle planets, and fleetcatches. Often I find that planets with the same value of other races could trample my fleets with little effort.

Personally I have been fleetcaught twice this round and I would rather have my ships stolen than destroyed. At least the attacker got ships instead of the joy of killing mine.

robban1 19 Nov 2006 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travler
Personally I have been fleetcaught twice this round and I would rather have my ships stolen than destroyed. At least the attacker got ships instead of the joy of killing mine.

oddball, anyone who says that they rater have their ships stolen rather than killed gotta have a screw loose m8

Jester 21 Nov 2006 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartless

No it wouldn't. Hitting the lowest risk targets would still be the most efficient way of gaining fleet.

Stoom 21 Nov 2006 07:50

Make it like XP, get more steal when you attack bigger ppl?

Nitros 21 Nov 2006 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benneh
Give the guy a break.

Im in a <70 gal and my gc is a cathaar. He has 60 roids yet gets about 8 waves a day from ziks sending 15k+ ships. Jeez its a wonder why people quit. This guy is really active and defs loads but if he attacks he will be caught. ITs rediculous when you see the size of the ziks who hit him. In my 3 days in the gal ive seen 6 T100 ziks launch on him.

Bleh..

I just feel sorry for the guy. Its pretty clear from sandmans who it is..
Just give the little guys a break eh ziks?

i thought you exiled out of my gal :o

Heartless 21 Nov 2006 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
No it wouldn't. Hitting the lowest risk targets would still be the most efficient way of gaining fleet.

Of course. If zik ships die when stealing, however, a zik has to build a lot more stealers to gain the same amount of stolen ships, which is just making it harder - but not impossible.

On a different sidenote, I like stoom's idea. Gonna think a bit about that.