Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   So round 36 (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198413)

Hiall 29 Dec 2009 20:50

So round 36

The hillbillies have gotten there way and were going to have an entire round where we play with people we don't know and the top allies cant win as they cant cope without fortress gals (LOL YEA RIGHT)
So im asking that you then allow us in round 36 to actually play with people we like and know and therefore bring back private galaxies.. Seems fair they get a round we get a round, same allies will win but heh least both sides get a turn :P

Mzyxptlk 29 Dec 2009 22:58

Re: So round 36

I'm not particularly opposed to the changes we're seeing for round 35. The worst one (1 exile a day) has been withdrawn. Late joining never achieved what it aimed to, so seeing its influence reduced is something I applaud. Buddy pack size is not something I care about much.

Supergans 29 Dec 2009 23:28

I agree with Mz here.

Monroe 29 Dec 2009 23:50

I've always preferred random gals personally, so the change doesn't bother me!

Makhil 30 Dec 2009 00:45

Changes for r35 are nothing but smoke screens to hide the fact that nothing has been done to improve the game.

berten 30 Dec 2009 00:50

I'll always be up for 100% private galaxies.

[DDK]gm 30 Dec 2009 01:35

i think the changes are a good mix considering the options, no problems with them at all.

to say there has been nothing done to improve the game is a bit bull as tbh the attack system was utter crap before and improving it will help the lower alliances.

With that done hopefully cin and appoco will have time to make changes to the game itself for r36.

MrLobster 30 Dec 2009 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DDK]gm (Post 3186632)
to say there has been nothing done to improve the game is a bit bull as tbh the attack system was utter crap before and improving it will help the lower alliances.

Guess your talking about single targetting? It will mean that smaller alliances will find it harder to get defence while attacking as a whole gets easier.

neroon 30 Dec 2009 07:05

think he meant the ingame attack system (attack page)

then again id love to see 100% random gals for r36 :p

Kafir 30 Dec 2009 08:28

I thought about the Cap % based on target value

[DDK]gm 30 Dec 2009 09:46

yes i ment the attack page, not sure i like going back to single targeting

Mzyxptlk 30 Dec 2009 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLobster (Post 3186644)
Guess your talking about single targetting? It will mean that smaller alliances will find it harder to get defence while attacking as a whole gets easier.

The quality difference between (say) Apprime and F-Crew isn't so much in attacking as it is in defence. By making attacking easier, defence gets a lower priority, which will reduce the gap between good and bad alliances.

Makhil 30 Dec 2009 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3186651)
The quality difference between (say) Apprime and F-Crew isn't so much in attacking...

That's very true, sadly for App...

MrLobster 30 Dec 2009 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3186651)
The quality difference between (say) Apprime and F-Crew isn't so much in attacking as it is in defence. By making attacking easier, defence gets a lower priority, which will reduce the gap between good and bad alliances.

I did get a lot of defence last round from F-Crew, but I also gave a lot in defence. I only attacked about a dozen times in the whole round.

But perhaps it will be better for attacking to be more prevalent than defence, as most people will try to attack than defend.

But in that same way perhaps defence should be removed from the game altogether (as has been discussed in another thread). However removing defence brings a problem of fleet catching to an all time high.

So perhaps we need to remove the fixed time to attack...

Mzyxptlk 30 Dec 2009 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLobster (Post 3186670)
I did get a lot of defence last round from F-Crew, but I also gave a lot in defence. I only attacked about a dozen times in the whole round.

But perhaps it will be better for attacking to be more prevalent than defence, as most people will try to attack than defend.

Be that as it may, if your alliance can send night time defence, then your alliance can launch effective attacks. But the fact that you can set up attacks at 22:00 does not necessarily mean your members will be around at 03:00 to send defence.

Quote:

But in that same way perhaps defence should be removed from the game altogether (as has been discussed in another thread). However removing defence brings a problem of fleet catching to an all time high.

Retarded for reasons in that other thread.

Quote:

So perhaps we need to remove the fixed time to attack...

I don't understand what you mean, explain? (Perhaps in a PS thread.)

Kargool 30 Dec 2009 13:58

With the hardcoded alliance def, I might actually want to play this round!

rUl3r 31 Dec 2009 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool (Post 3186674)
With the hardcoded alliance def, I might actually want to play this round!

To me itīs pretty much the other way round, limiting options of cooperation doesnīt motivate me at all. Also, I still donīt see the point (except maybe for catering everyones grudge against Apprime and Ascendancy). Changing game mechanics to probably counter a handful of possible out of tag support planets (out of tag support planets when thereīs plenty of tag space available, lol) and limit the options of everyone on how to play is not exactly what I consider to be a smart move.
Anybody whoīs involved in bringing up this stuff care to elaborate why this isnīt an anti-Asc/App change?
Thanks.

Also, to adress MrLobsters suggestion of removing def alltogether: I can honstely say that would be the point Iīll quit playing despite me being a complete addict. Defense has always been a part of PA, if you scrap it, whatīs left in the game anyway?

Mzyxptlk 31 Dec 2009 17:02

Look on the bright side, rul3r, this change means Ascendancy will be able to raid any alliance we like!

Makhil 1 Jan 2010 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3186763)
Look on the bright side, rul3r, this change means Ascendancy will be able to raid any alliance we like!

Oh no no no we're too afraid please PA team don't let this happen, just give them what they want...
:banana:

Mzyxptlk 1 Jan 2010 01:56

Don't be upset. It's a brand new year! Can't we leave the past behind us? :(

Makhil 1 Jan 2010 03:26

Let's do that :)

_Kila_ 1 Jan 2010 05:42

mz is such a nerd :(

it took about 10 mins to write that so don't you dare delete it lok you faggot

Mek 1 Jan 2010 22:07

I welcome a return to single targeting, i much prefer it to multi (must be the lazy dc in me) i'm intrigued to see how it affects the hand people will play. No doubt there are some alliances who are more offensive than others and will prosper under such conditions. Bring on the round :-)